Restaurant Marrakesh

tecowdw

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me about their dining experience at Restaurant Marrakesh?

I noticed in the pictures on the WDW website that there appears to only be big communal tables. Is that the case or would those only be used for large parties?

Does the entertainment (belly dancer) happen on a central stage or around the entire dining room?

How was the food? I've never had Moroccan cuisine before and I'd be a little nervous about it.

Shere_Khan

It has been quite a while since I dined there but the one time I did go I absolutely loved it. I was also nervous about the food as I am somewhat of a picky eater and don't always like to go out on a limb. I found that there were several choices that were not too out there. I had the chicken kabobs and was nervous it would be spicy but the flavors and the sauces they used on the chicken were really tasty and not spicy at all. It came with rice and vegetables.
I was alone when I went and I was seated by myself at a table that was meant for two. No one was seated near to me but it was during lunch and the restaurant was not busy at all.
There is a stage at the back of the restaurant where the musicians were seated and the belly dancer was performing. If I remember correctly she did come out into the dining areas and walk around some of the tables but it was a few years ago so I am not sure if that is still the case.
I hope that you give it a chance. I was pleasantly surprised and I really loved the atmosphere of the restaurant. I think it is also overlooked so you shouldn't experience really busy times. I walked right in the time I had lunch there.

jimjjr

We have eaten at marrakesh a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed it. My daughter, who is a very picky eater, ate very well and we really enjoyed the floor show - which also encourages children to join in. There are some large tables, but also tables of all sizes. Bon appetit.

BrerKev

Yes, as others have said, there are tables of all sizes. So you do not need to sit with strangers. I too was a little wary of the food, but I picked some chicken dish... Can't remember what it was, but it was pretty safe for my "simple" tastes. I say give it a try.

duplechien

Ive never tried it but if its anything like their counter service...BLAND! I love Greek/Mediterranean/Moroccan food, which is all similar and eat at these restaurants every chance I get every where I do (I do the same with Indian) and I found the counter service to be down at the bottom:(

tecowdw

Original Poster
Ive never tried it but if its anything like their counter service...BLAND! I love Greek/Mediterranean/Moroccan food, which is all similar and eat at these restaurants every chance I get every where I do (I do the same with Indian) and I found the counter service to be down at the bottom:(

I have tried their counter service as well and didn't care for it. I had the lamb shwarma sandwich and it was not to my taste at all. I also tasted the chicken one and didn't care for it either.

If I do end up eating there, I will stay away from any shwarma!

My dining date is New Years Eve for dinner and this place and Nine Dragons were the only two places I could still book after 4pm. Not the best choices, for sure.

Tinkerbell 8

We ate here in 2008 because it was the only place in EPCOT that had an open table. My DH thought it was ok, but my meat was absolutly disgusting. I can't remember what I had, some kind of beef, and the DH had chicken. The atmosphere was ok, there was a belly dancer which was cool, but I will never eat there ever again. :hurl:

coachwnh

the food of course is different but thats why i enjoyed it. i had something that was a mix of all their native dishes. (lamb was one thing on the plate) i would never order something like i did, but it was recommended, so i gave it a shot. it wasnt bad. the entertainment was good (belly dancer - very hot) could go either way on it. dont think id make an adr, but i guess i would eat there again.

harryk

We have had lunch and dinner there several times.
Not all seating is good to watch the floor show - and we have always had one of those not a good view seats. Meals have been very good and we select them prior to entering - they have a menu outside with pics of the meals and there is a rep to explain what they consist of.
Worth visiting - but don't be surprised if you don't have a good view of the belly dancer.

pixiesteno

We have eaten there several times. First time in 2004, I had the chicken kabob and a Jasmine salad - wonderful. DH & DS both had the roast lamb dish and loved it. We were seated right next to the dance floor and the dancer came and got me to dance with her on stage (very cool) I love dancing to live musicians! Then she came to our table to find out where I had learned to bellydance, so we have a wonderful visit with her after the show. We went in Dec of 2005 and again had a great meal, just like the last time right next to the dance floor. I confess, I requested it.
Went in Feb 2008 with my sister in law and I and we had a less than stellar experience, and I can't explain why. Dancer was good, but different than in 2004 & 2005. The food was okay, it didn't seem to have as much flavor to the chicken dish as before. We felt more rushed through our meal and the restaurant was not busy at all. On both occassions in 2004 & 2005 we were told when the dancer would appear and encouraged to stay and enjoy the show.

Mrs.Skellington

Hubby and I went in Oct 2010 after trying the quick service in February. He requested it and is not an adventurous eater. You must ordered the Haira Haira soup. AMAZING!!!!! He ordered the chicken kabobs and I ordered the roasted lamb messiou (spelling)... The flavors were delicious. I especially loved the vegetables served with my meal. The lamb was a bit fatty but it had an amazing flavor. The desserts were amazing. I had the baklava and he had something similiar. The atmosphere was also nice. We were not seated on the floor near the dancer and could still see everything. Our server was amazing. He told us if we did not like any of our food, he would gladly get us something else. Our meal totaled over 100 for just him and I. Not sure if we drank alcohol. Disney dining plan covered all but our soup. I would gladly pay for the soup though. I'm pretty sure we licked the bowl. LOL

Unomas

Ate there one time in 2008. Never going back. The first couple of bites were okay, but it got old fast for everyone at my table.

tigsmom

we've eaten there a few times and have enjoyed it. Not all tables are large, we've always had one for just the 4 of us. The dancer and musicians are on the main floor and we have always sat up above them and to the side. There are some bad spots that are blocked, but you don't really miss much anyway. If you haven't been there give it a try; the food is not hot spicy, but different (like cinnamon with beef or chicken) and we especially like the mint iced tea.

dixiepixie

This is our favorite place to eat on property. I don't even know how many times we have eaten there for lunch with just a walk up/no reservation, 2 times for Thanksgiving (with a resy), and once with the Candlelight Processional Dinner package. I can't say enough good things about it. From the food, the atmosphere and the service it is a top-notch dining experience. We have had just our family, a group of 4 at a main floor table right next to the "stage", to a large party of 10. We've sat almost everywhere in the rest. and have always had good seats and could see the "show". The vegetable couscous is my personal favorite, but I'm pretty sure we've tried everything they have on the menu, with no disapointments.
If you have a chance to dine there DO, you won't be sorry!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom