Restaurant & Dinning Report Nov 4-8

TomHendricks

Original Poster
Nov 4th
CS @ Wolfgang Puck Express - We love this CS and maybe the best kept secret at Disney. The food is fantastic and its like having a sit down but is a table service. This trip I had the Spaghetti and meatballs and it was better then most expensive sit down restaurants. My wife had the BBQ Chicken Salad and loved it.

TS@ Whispering Canyon Cafe - This is another staple of our trips to DW and it didn't let us down. The food was good as always but what really got me was how many people were into the antics this time. They had almost the entire dinning room up and doing the hokey pokey. My brother and his new wife were WCC virgins and we got them to ask for ketchup and he could not believe they brought every bottle in the restaurant to our table. My brother made the mistake of asking for more soda.

IMG_0729.jpg

He drank the entire thing! They had a great time and were laughing the entire night. We talked more about this restaurant then any other.

Nov 5th

CS@ Sunshine Seasons - I like eating here because I feel the foods is better then at Electric Umbrella. They have a greater selection and is a bit healthier. My wife had the chicken, I had pork chops and my brother and sister-in-law had chinese foods. Everything was very good, the food was taste and hot.

TS@ No Table service we ate our way around the World Showcase. While everything was pretty good, their was some standouts. From South Africa, the Seared Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potato Puree and Mango BBQ sauce was outstanding. At Cork, Ireland the Lobster and scallop fisherman Pie was amazing. There were many others that were fantastic but to me these were the best. My biggest disappointment was the Cheese Soup from Canada, I don't know if I just got a bad cup or it was sitting for a while but it was the worst thing I ate the entire night.

Nov 6th

CS@Pizzafari - The best thing I can say is, it was okay. My wife had the Pepperoni Pizza and I had the "Italian Sandwich." I'm not to sure what was "Italian" about it but it was okay. For a quick CS mean, its okay. I wanted to eat at another place but I was out voted.

TS@ No table service, at at Victoria & Alberts. What can I say, if you want to feel like royalty there is no other place to eat. We ate here to celebrate my brothers wedding. The foods was simply amazing, it is our favorite place to eat. I was a bit miffed that their was no foie gras on our menus, I wanted my brother to experience it once. They had a wonderful time and loved the service.

Nov 7th
TS@ Crystal Palace for breakfast. The food was good, your better then average buffet but the real reason to come is to get your pictures with Pooh and friends. My sister-in-law, who loves everything Disney but has never been before cried when having her picture taken with Pooh. Then the water works continued as she got her picture in front of the castle.

TS@ Ohana's for Dinner - This was our first time eating here and we were impressed. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere made it feel like I was at Hawaii. I would definitely eat here again. The bread was simply amazing, I think I ate a loaf of it myself. The salad and salad dressing was great, we jokingly asked our waitress for the recipe and at the end of the dinner gave my it to my wife.

yankspy

Nov 4th
CS @ Wolfgang Puck Express - We love this CS and maybe the best kept secret at Disney. The food is fantastic and its like having a sit down but is a table service. This trip I had the Spaghetti and meatballs and it was better then most expensive sit down restaurants. My wife had the BBQ Chicken Salad and loved it.

TS@ Whispering Canyon Cafe - This is another staple of our trips to DW and it didn't let us down. The food was good as always but what really got me was how many people were into the antics this time. They had almost the entire dinning room up and doing the hokey pokey. My brother and his new wife were WCC virgins and we got them to ask for ketchup and he could not believe they brought every bottle in the restaurant to our table. My brother made the mistake of asking for more soda.

IMG_0729.jpg

He drank the entire thing! They had a great time and were laughing the entire night. We talked more about this restaurant then any other.

Nov 5th

CS@ Sunshine Seasons - I like eating here because I feel the foods is better then at Electric Umbrella. They have a greater selection and is a bit healthier. My wife had the chicken, I had pork chops and my brother and sister-in-law had chinese foods. Everything was very good, the food was taste and hot.

TS@ No Table service we ate our way around the World Showcase. While everything was pretty good, their was some standouts. From South Africa, the Seared Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potato Puree and Mango BBQ sauce was outstanding. At Cork, Ireland the Lobster and scallop fisherman Pie was amazing. There were many others that were fantastic but to me these were the best. My biggest disappointment was the Cheese Soup from Canada, I don't know if I just got a bad cup or it was sitting for a while but it was the worst thing I ate the entire night.

Nov 6th

CS@Pizzafari - The best thing I can say is, it was okay. My wife had the Pepperoni Pizza and I had the "Italian Sandwich." I'm not to sure what was "Italian" about it but it was okay. For a quick CS mean, its okay. I wanted to eat at another place but I was out voted.

TS@ No table service, at at Victoria & Alberts. What can I say, if you want to feel like royalty there is no other place to eat. We ate here to celebrate my brothers wedding. The foods was simply amazing, it is our favorite place to eat. I was a bit miffed that their was no foie gras on our menus, I wanted my brother to experience it once. They had a wonderful time and loved the service.

Nov 7th
TS@ Crystal Palace for breakfast. The food was good, your better then average buffet but the real reason to come is to get your pictures with Pooh and friends. My sister-in-law, who loves everything Disney but has never been before cried when having her picture taken with Pooh. Then the water works continued as she got her picture in front of the castle.

TS@ Ohana's for Dinner - This was our first time eating here and we were impressed. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere made it feel like I was at Hawaii. I would definitely eat here again. The bread was simply amazing, I think I ate a loaf of it myself. The salad and salad dressing was great, we jokingly asked our waitress for the recipe and at the end of the dinner gave my it to my wife.
1. I had that dish as well and it was very good. The empanadas I had were good too.

2. They are usually pretty generous with recipes. I got one for a soup from Boma a couple of weeks ago.

On a sidenote: since we are on the subject of food, my favorite restaurant is in Great Neck, Peter Luger's.:slurp:

JillC LI

On a sidenote: since we are on the subject of food, my favorite restaurant is in Great Neck, Peter Luger's.:slurp:

Yankspy - have you tried the one in Brooklyn? We think it has more of that authentic German atmosphere to it. But Peter Lugers is definitely DH and my favorite restaurant as well - even if we can only afford to go there on a VERY special occasion. Have you ever been there for lunch? They make a burger out of their famous meat which is to die for, and the prices are more affordable to the non-rich and famous. LOL

yankspy

Yankspy - have you tried the one in Brooklyn? We think it has more of that authentic German atmosphere to it. But Peter Lugers is definitely DH and my favorite restaurant as well - even if we can only afford to go there on a VERY special occasion. Have you ever been there for lunch? They make a burger out of their famous meat which is to die for, and the prices are more affordable to the non-rich and famous. LOL
Yep. I have been to the one in Brooklyn but we used to live in Flushing so the Great Neck one was easier to get to. I cant say that I have ever been there for lunch though. It's kind of funny but you can get their famous staeak sauce in supermarkets here in D.C.

WineForNewbies

It sounds as though your experience was similar to ours (where the paths crossed, anyway). We ate breakfast at Whispering Canyon before heading to the airport. The food was great, service was good, and you could tell there were some people who were unfamiliar with the antics that go on.

I really enjoyed the F&W Festival booths. You're right--South Africa's beef tenderloin was top notch. I also enjoyed the lamb slider from New Zealand. Dessert-wise, the strawberry shortcake played nicely into one of my weaknesses. :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom