Resort to Resort

Dayzie914

Can we take a bus from POP (where we are staying) to another resort (Beach Club for breakfast)? I was kind of confused when I thought about htis becasue I know POP has its own bus.

Thanks

Nicole

There are no resort to resort busses. You will have to go to one of the parks or the TTC or DTD to transfer. Or call a taxi.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

The easiest is to take the bus to the Transportation Center or Downtown Disney, and then a bus to the corresponding resort. NOTE: Early in the morning, like going to breakfast, you are going to have great difficulty connecting through the TTC or Downtown Disney, as DTD busses do not start running until later in the day, and most people are heading toward the parks early in the morning, and the bus system does not make return trips a priority from the TTC until after 10 or 11 am. THe easiest is to take a cab from door to door. THey are reasonable, but they are not free.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Dayzie914 said:
Can we take a bus from POP (where we are staying) to another resort (Beach Club for breakfast)? I was kind of confused when I thought about htis becasue I know POP has its own bus.

Thanks
When we say that Pop has its own bus we mean that the bus that will pick you up to go to any one of the four theme parks will not stop at another resort prior to going to the Theme park. Your best bet is to find out if any park has EMH hours that day and go there. Then you can transfer from there to a bus for the Beach Club. Also you can take the Pop bus going to MGM and catch a water taxi ( Boat) to the Beach Club from there. If you are heading in towards the front gate of MGM the boat landing will be on your far right hand side. Belle

Upvote 0

col

you cant get a bus to another resort from pop unless your having a character breakfast then there is a certain bus. what i did was go to a park or DTD to resort hop then used either the parks or DTD as a base to return home. it is a must to get the monorails to each monorail resort!!!!

Upvote 0

DigitalDisney

In this situation, going to DTD or TTC is a horrible idea.

Thankfully, you have a couple options:
- Bus to MGM -> Boat to Yacht/Beach Club. This is probably your coolest option, because the boat ride is reasonably quick (although you will probably stop at the Swan/Dolphin and Boardwalk on the way), very smooth, and very scenic.
- Bus to MGM -> Bus to Beach Club.
- Bus to Epcot -> Walk through Epcot to the International Gateway -> Walk to Beach Club. This is only a good idea if you don't mind the walk and if you are going to be using park hopper tickets that same day.
- Bus to Epcot -> Bus to Beach Club.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

DigitalDisney said:

- Bus to MGM -> Boat to Yacht/Beach Club. This is probably your coolest option, because the boat ride is reasonably quick (although you will probably stop at the Swan/Dolphin and Boardwalk on the way), very smooth, and very scenic.
- Bus to Epcot -> Walk through Epcot to the International Gateway -> Walk to Beach Club. This is only a good idea if you don't mind the walk and if you are going to be using park hopper tickets that same day.

You got it the best way is bus to MGM or Epcot then the boat or walk.

Or Rent a car!. We always do just for the flexablility, plus we are spur of the moment people and waiting for a bus etc. just doesnt cut it. You get free parking at the parks if you are staying on property.

Sorry Boston...that was Free PAAKING! GO SOX!

Upvote 0

figmentfan

Best way is to take a bus to MGM.
Then a ferry to Yacht/Beach Resort.
When taking transportation from Resort to Resort in the morning, best bet is to leave early in the morning. Usually buses start running around 7:00am in the morning. Buses are usually not that crowded at that time, people are still sleeping. Why sleep, you are at WDW!!!!!!!! You can sleep at home.

Also, you can drive your own car (or rental.) With the parking pass you get when you check in, you can go anywhere on property, then other resorts.

Upvote 0

Cliffordsmon

DigitalDisney said:

Once you get to MGM the friendship boat or walking is the only way to the Yacht and Beach Clubs. There is no bus service from MGM to these hotels or to EPCOT.

If you have early morning Res. at the Beach Club they will not let you enter EPCOT until park opening and then they may not let you into the World showcase area until it opens to walk to the BC.

Even though it's not free, a taxi is your best bet depending on what time your Res. are.

Have a great time. We love the character breakfast at Cape May!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Clifford'smon said:
Once you get to MGM the friendship boat or walking is the only way to the Yacht and Beach Clubs. There is no bus service from MGM to these hotels or to EPCOT.

If you have early morning Res. at the Beach Club they will not let you enter EPCOT until park opening and then they may not let you into the World showcase area until it opens to walk to the BC.

Even though it's not free, a taxi is your best bet depending on what time your Res. are.

Have a great time. We love the character breakfast at Cape May!
Actually the last time I was there in December we did grab a bus from MGM to ECPCOT. We did that as we had just missed the boat. I had to admit that I was a bit surprised as I didnt think there was a bus either, but there was. Belle

Upvote 0

Cliffordsmon

wannabeBelle said:
Actually the last time I was there in December we did grab a bus from MGM to ECPCOT. We did that as we had just missed the boat. I had to admit that I was a bit surprised as I didnt think there was a bus either, but there was. Belle

Let me clarify my statement, there is no bus service from Y&BC to MGM and no bus service from Y&BC to EPCOT.

You must walk or take a friendship boat to get to either park from the hotels.

I also was not aware that there was bus from MGM to EPCOT. Thanks for the information.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I would just take the first bus that arrives at POP...you can sometimes end up waiting 20 minutes for any particular bus, which negates any time you might save from going to a closer park to transfer. I would definitely not recommend going to epcot and then walking to Beach Club unless you want to spend at least an hour trying to get to your breakfast. I am under the impression that you would rather not wake up at 6 am so you can make it to the Beach Club by 8:30 or so...the walk from the Epcot buses to Beach Club would take at least a half hour if you were speed-walking. Take the first park bus that arrives and then transfer to the Yacht/Beach Club bus if you want the fastest possible route (I could perhaps see the walk from MGM to Yacht/Beach Club being faster than the boat, but I would personally not put myself through that kind of needless walking that early in the day...my feet are generally about to fall off by 8 pm even without that). I am fairly certain that Epcot does have a Y/BC bus since the distance b/t the buses and the International Gateway is well over a mile...I couldn't imagine Disney telling someone over at the entrance to Future World that they need to walk all the way over to the International Gateway for a boat...

Upvote 0

Yanks07

ISTCNavigator57 said:
I am fairly certain that Epcot does have a Y/BC bus since the distance b/t the buses and the International Gateway is well over a mile...I couldn't imagine Disney telling someone over at the entrance to Future World that they need to walk all the way over to the International Gateway for a boat...
Your right on regarding the distance, but there is no bus service from Epcot to BC. I have stayed at BC about 12 times and have the blisters to prove it! (LOL) No bus from MGM to BC either, only boat.
Taxi`s are pretty cheap although an added expense.

Upvote 0

lscott933

well we have stayed at the pop the past two years. we have had early morning breakfast at beach club. take the bus to mgm. i have asked the bus driver to take us to the beach club for breakfast. both times they have gone to mgm then when across a street and drop us off at the beach club. so i would ask your bus driver if it is at all possible. have a good trip. our time for breakfast was at 8 am. both times.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Yanks07 said:
Your right on regarding the distance, but there is no bus service from Epcot to BC. I have stayed at BC about 12 times and have the blisters to prove it! (LOL) No bus from MGM to BC either, only boat.
Taxi`s are pretty cheap although an added expense.
That's ridiculous...you pay $300/night for a room and they would have the nerve to tell you to walk two miles to a boat...ouch. Remind me not to stay there lol

Upvote 0

Cliffordsmon

ISTCNavigator57 said:
That's ridiculous...you pay $300/night for a room and they would have the nerve to tell you to walk two miles to a boat...ouch. Remind me not to stay there lol

It's only "two miles" from the front of the park. If you are in World Showcase it's just right outside your door and a walk from the bus stop is sometimes longer than the walk from the International Gateway.

Back when Y&BC opened they used to run a tram to the Yacht Club and to the Swan and Dolphin Hotels. We only used it our first trip after that it vanished but you can still see the loading area by the ticket booth.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Clifford'smon said:
Let me clarify my statement, there is no bus service from Y&BC to MGM and no bus service from Y&BC to EPCOT.

You must walk or take a friendship boat to get to either park from the hotels.

I also was not aware that there was bus from MGM to EPCOT. Thanks for the information.
Not a problem!!!! Another odd thing, there is no bus from EPCOT t the Polynesian!!!! You have to take the monorail. I thought this was straqnge as two people I was chatting with both told me that there are busses in the morning to go to EPCOT!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom