Resort to Resort Transportation

Invero

Okay folks... I'm just curious about something. This is just something that I was thinking of. I'm a transit freak :king: This is what I do for fun, in my spare time... LOL...

I know Resort to Resort transportation is not exaclty convenient, with having to switch here and there, especially with Downtown Disney being congested as it is.

What I am thinking of, is a few designated Resort Loop busses. The busses would run during the evening, on the hour, and cover areas. (They might not run on the :00 mark... but approx once an hour... maybe every 45 mins... there would be set times that the bus would arrive, so that you're not aimlessly waiting)

"Areas" would be the following (might be tweaked)

MK Resorts = FW, WL, Co, Po, GF
Epcot Resorts = Swan, Dolphin, Yacht, Beach, & Boardwalk
DAK Resorts = All Stars, AK Lodge
Studios Resorts = Caribbean, Coronado
DTD Resorts = Port Orleans (RS & FQ), Old Key West

Busses would pick up at the MK Resorts for the Epcot Resorts... and then would go pick up at the Epcot Resorts, and drop off for the MK Resorts. And back and forth. This would provide direct Resort to Resort transportation during peak dinner hours with no transfers. It would require 10 routes... Not sure how many busses, that would depend on frequency, breaks, and demand. Run it from like 5:00pm-11:00pm... This would help out greatly to alleviate congestion from Downtown Disney.

The Downside to this, is that the busses would be on set schedules. So, in the chance that a bus might fill up, not sure how that would work. With actually guest traffic flow data, and proper planning, Im sure it could be worked around and figured out how to divert units to proper locations. Another downside is that the busses would be stopping at all the resorts in its location. For example, MK Resorts, the bus would travel to Fort Wilderness (Settlement Depot), and then onto Wilderness Lodge, then Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian. It's really not as bad as one might think... and it does avoid the transfer.

At any rate... Vote on the poll, and give me feedback. Ideas, suggestions, constructive critisizm, whatnot. :)

DISCLAIMER: I am conducting this poll for my own personal curiosity. My proposed transportation routes are simply an idea that I created. Disney currently has no plans that I know of to do such a thing. Once again, this is just something I am curious about. Results and/or feedback may or may not be passed on to Disney Transport management, if I decide to pitch the idea to the Constant Improvement Process committee.

jmarc63

Originally posted by ntn_haqqer

Maybe there can be a monorail going from resort to resort ;)

:lol:

If Disney ever decides to fund the expansion of the Monorail at WDW that would be the plan. But until they do, this won't happen.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom