Resort-to-Resort late evening?

habuma

Original Poster
Here's our plan...

On January 7th, we're planning to spend the day in Animal Kingdom. AK is scheduled to close at 5pm, so we're going to make our way over to POR to spend some time with Yehaa Bob. So far, no problems. Buses will get us anywhere we want to go.

Once our evening with Bob is done, we want to head back to Art of Animation. I know we can't take a bus directly from POR to AoA, so we'll need to go to a park. The common recommendation I've seen is to go to DHS and then to AoA. But DHS closes at 7pm that day and we're probably not leaving POR until 10pm or maybe later. What are the odds we'll even be able to get a bus to DHS at that hour? Probably pretty low.

Epcot closes at 9pm. I've heard buses will run for up to 2 hours after the park closes. If that's true, then we're probably good as long as we don't stick around at POR too far past 10:00-10:30.

Or we can get a cab (for 4 people...or 6 if we can convince my parents to join us on this trip).

Anyone here have recommendations on how we can get from POR to AoA late evening, after all parks are closed?

FireChiefGoofy

We generally stop bringing guests back to the park once it closes. Usually only guests that have their car parked at that park will be allowed to return to a closed park (we are trying to close the park and get as many guests home as quickly as possible). My recommendation would be to take the boat to DTD and transfer to AoA bus from there.

Rob562

I agree with @FireChiefGoofy, your best free route is to get to Downtown Disney via the boat (scenic) or bus (possibly a little faster) and then transfer to an AoA bus.

Otherwise, a taxi would be in the $12-14 range and is your fastest option and might be worth it if you have 4-6 people.

-Rob

habuma

Original Poster
Thanks. I came back here to answer my own question and saw your answers were the same as the one I had come up with on my own. I had failed to consider DTD as an option. And riding the boat at night is a lot of fun, so...why not?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom