Resort tax

Does anyone know how much the resort tax is? From what I've read not all of the resorts have the same tax (depends on what county the resort is located in).

Has anyone recently stayed at the Poly, WL or AKL? What was the resort tax? How much was the additional sales tax?

Thanks!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The All Star Resorts have a resort tax of 6%, and a combined sales tax of 7% for a total of 13% tax on your room. All other WDW resorts and retail locations have a resort tax of 6% and a sales tax of 6.5% for a total of 12.5%.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The All Star Resorts have a resort tax of 5%, and a combined sales tax of 7%. for a total of 12% tax on your room. All other WDW resorts and retail locations have a resort tax of 5% and a sales tax of 6% for a total of 11%.

Don't different resorts have different rates, depending upon which county they are in? (Or did I dream that?)

Upvote 0

ImaYoyo

Hey Yoda, I think your info may be a little out-dated. Here are the current rates:

Osceola 13% total - 7% sales tax & 6% resort tax (Pop Century)

Orange 12 1/2% total - 6 1/2% sales tax & 6% resort tax (Everything Else)

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hey Yoda, I think your info may be a little out-dated. Here are the current rates:

Osceola 13% total - 7% sales tax & 6% resort tax (Pop Century)

Orange 12 1/2% total - 6 1/2% sales tax & 6% resort tax (Everything Else)
Thanks. The info I have is a few years old, but I thought that the all stars were the only resorts in Osceola?

Upvote 0

ImaYoyo

Thanks. The info I have is a few years old, but I thought that the all stars were the only resorts in Osceola?
OOOPS! Please excuse an old man's temporary lapse in brain activity... yes, All Star is 13, pop is 12 1/2... currently All Star is the only resort at 13%. Any future resorts built south of Osceola Parkway would also be 13% (or the current Osceola rate at that time).

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
OOOPS! Please excuse an old man's temporary lapse in brain activity... yes, All Star is 13, pop is 12 1/2... currently All Star is the only resort at 13%. Any future resorts built south of Osceola Parkway would also be 13% (or the current Osceola rate at that time).
It happens to the best of us.:wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

This jives with what I was doing last night. I was pricing out the All Star Sports resort and Pop Century resort for a client for the same dates and Pop was a little cheaper due to the tax rate in that particular county. Hope this helps!!! Marie

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom