Resort Scents

bethymouse

Ordered a sample. Thanks for the thread. It'll be nice to have a bit of that Disney resort smell in my house. I never really knew it existed.;)

PinnySmart

Not sure of the scent through this company, but the Citrus and sage Yankee candle is point on for the scent in AKL's lobby! I buy it sole for that reason!
Not to argue but AKL isn't sage and citrus. JW Marriotts do use Sage and Citrus from YC. Thanks to the wonderful company I work for my home smells like the Dolphin Lobby. I could tell you which exact scent they all use but I could lose my job so I will keep it to myself.

The scents at WDW are provided by Enviroscents. They have scent machines available for consumer use. They will not sell the exact scent, but if you email them, they will recommend scents to what you are trying to achieve.

ItsOn

Ordered the free samples!

Can Anyone can recommend candles from yankee or something similar that is less expensive than buying the machine? Thx!

jhastings74

If anyone nails down the AKL scent let me know! :)
When we were at AKL in December, I asked one of the managers about the scent...because it was so unique, but immediately identifiable as "You are back at the Lodge" as soon as the main lobby doors slid open. He said they actually had a separate, temporary scent for the holidays. THAT would be awesome to have as well.

And to the OP, thanks for the info, the thread, and the link!

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I've only seen pics of AKL at Christmas time. I'd love to do that! Our house has lots of accents and slowly taking on [edit: the feel of the AKL].

Last edited:

Thessair

I just ordered the Soarin' Over and Pineapple Whip candles from Anthology Candles on Etsy. I am very impressed with them and want to order all the other scents. I know there are a ton of shops on Etsy with Disney themed candles, but I highly recommend this one. Plus, they are based in the US!

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=anthology candles&ref=auto1

Nice! I've always found the Beach Walk from Yankee Candles smells like the 'over the ocean' bit of Soarin' as well.

KikoKea

When we were at AKL in December, I asked one of the managers about the scent...because it was so unique, but immediately identifiable as "You are back at the Lodge" as soon as the main lobby doors slid open. He said they actually had a separate, temporary scent for the holidays. THAT would be awesome to have as well.

And to the OP, thanks for the info, the thread, and the link!
He didn't tell you the name or nature of the scent? Disney could make a small mint if they sold candles or air fresheners to match their scents!

jhastings74

He didn't tell you the name or nature of the scent? Disney could make a small mint if they sold candles or air fresheners to match their scents!
No. He said that all he knew was that an outside vendor provided the different scents for the resorts and he was there when they switched it over to the 'holiday' scent (whatever that was), but that he often heard people talking about how much they liked the smell of the lobby.

As of this moment, I couldn't even begin to guess what different scents might have been combined to make it...but I promise that if I suddenly smelled the tiniest whiff of it...it would instantly transport me back. I had never smelled anything like it before. A little spicy, a little holiday-ish, a little 'other country'...but 100% amazing. :)

jhastings74

Also...take it from someone who impulse-bought each of the Disney air-fresheners when they sold them a few years ago (turkey leg, Mickey ice cream bar, and the one we WANTED the most: Mickey Waffles...) they didn't really nail those scents. Actually, they were all pretty gross-smelling. It was a pretty huge let-down.

KikoKea

Also...take it from someone who impulse-bought each of the Disney air-fresheners when they sold them a few years ago (turkey leg, Mickey ice cream bar, and the one we WANTED the most: Mickey Waffles...) they didn't really nail those scents. Actually, they were all pretty gross-smelling. It was a pretty huge let-down.
I was thinking of a partnership with a company who can do a great job with the scents and can market them nationwide. Going to your local store and picking up a candle or air freshener of Disney scents would be wonderful! I love candles and burn them nearly every night, so I'd be on them in a second!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom