Resort Scents

SCB1012

I went through this search a while back, as I was trying to find what the GF uses-it is one of my favorites and always takes me back to walking into that beautiful lobby. I found Columbia Fragrance Company that has "Walt's Wonderful World", which is a green clover and aloe candle. I was hesitant, but ordered it, and it smells JUST like the GF lobby! I think they have one that smells like the oranges at Soarin' and maybe the Poly too. http://columbiafragrance.com/products/walts-wonderful-world (I don't have any affiliation to this company other than buying their candles!) Enjoy!

Last edited:

Missymoe4

I went through this search a while back, as I was trying to find what the GF uses, as it is one of my favorites and always takes me back to walking into that beautiful lobby. I found Columbia Fragrance Company that has "Walt's Wonderful World", which is a green clover and aloe candle. I was hesitant, but ordered it, and it smells JUST like the GF lobby! I think they have one that smells like the oranges at Soarin' and maybe the Poly too. http://columbiafragrance.com/products/walts-wonderful-world (I don't have any affiliation to this company other than buying their candles!) Enjoy!

Just bought a room spray in the green clove and aloe scent. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it smells like the Contemporary!

MissingDisney

That's part of the smell in the lobby area, but there's definitely a specific scent in the hallways.

It's absolutely our favorite. I can't even describe it, really, except what it's not-not floral, not soapy clean, not perfumey, not overwhelming..... I even stalked maintenance staff last time trying to find out. I found one changing some type of vent filter in a hallway and he just said "I know, smells good, right?" :banghead:

wdwfan22

Okay today my scent machine arrived from Enviroscent. I purchased the Green Clover and Aloe. It really does smell like the Beach Club. (not the Grand Floridian though so they must use another scent) The machine is powerful to. I turned it on at 5:00 pm and had to turn down the fan speed at 7:00 pm because the scent was really strong. You can program the machine to run at certain times of the day and I will be making adjustments to when it runs so it's not so over powering. The fan does produce some noise but it's not a distraction at all. Overall I'm satisfied with the purchase and would recommend :)

ToTBellHop

I must have no smell. There is never a smell in any of the resorts. Poly smells like ohana and all star sports smells like pizza and wet dogs
Really? It's so distinctive to me when I step in the deluxes in particular. I want to bathe in the Contemporary scent.

Ordered a sample. What are the samples, actually? Like a little scratch and sniff to put under my nose at work? Lol...

deeevo

Original Poster
It's absolutely our favorite. I can't even describe it, really, except what it's not-not floral, not soapy clean, not perfumey, not overwhelming..... I even stalked maintenance staff last time trying to find out. I found one changing some type of vent filter in a hallway and he just said "I know, smells good, right?" :banghead:
Thanks for the update. As soon as I tell my wife she will want to order it so you helped me out. Thanks

deeevo

Original Poster
Really? It's so distinctive to me when I step in the deluxes in particular. I want to bathe in the Contemporary scent.

Ordered a sample. What are the samples, actually? Like a little scratch and sniff to put under my nose at work? Lol...
They are little strips of paper in foil packs that are labeled.

Daveeeeed

Does anyone know what the smell is for the Universe of Energy Attraction inside? Is it pumped or does it just smell that way because of a cleaner, and if you know please tell I as I have been trying to replicate it for the longest time. Thanks. Cool thread btw

deeevo

Original Poster
Tikiman said it was green bamboo and white tea and ginger. I was there this past weekend and I did smell a hint of the white tea and ginger in the stairway. I only got the white tea and ginger in my sample pack so I don't know what the green bamboo smells like. I mean if you were really hardcore you could get 2 scent machines and run them both at the same time but that is a little much.

jrogue

I mean if you were really hardcore you could get 2 scent machines and run them both at the same time but that is a little much.

I just ordered all the samples :rolleyes: so hopefully I will be able to figure it out from there! I will report back about the green bamboo! I feel like that sounds like the Poly, but I also feel like a large part of the lobby smell in the Great Ceremonial House was from the waterfall so now that that's gone I'm not sure what it will smell like lol (haven't been back to WDW in about 3 years) :facepalm:

MissingDisney

I got all of the samples a few weeks ago and despite the company's warnings regarding only opening one at a time....I went full in. I was like a cat who found a bag of catnip when its owners were out of the house. :jawdrop: Crazy sniffer, I became. I was in full Disney hallucination mode...and then it hit me....I HAD OPENED THEM ALL. :eek: The next thing I knew I was scrambling for scotch tape to seal up the sleeves so I could keep the scents alive! We were at Disney last week and I think I spent more time sniffing air at resorts than anything else, trying to decide which scent to purchase when we got back home. This stuff is amazing! :inlove:

gibson12

I found a recipe for macadamia pancakes that are supposed to be just like the ones they make at Kona Cafe. The author claimed that it recreates the scent from that area of the Poly. When I made them, my family decided they weren't that great, but we haven't spent any time there. Plus, I'm a terrible cook. It might be something to try for someone who has been there a few times.

KikoKea

Okay today my scent machine arrived from Enviroscent. I purchased the Green Clover and Aloe. It really does smell like the Beach Club. (not the Grand Floridian though so they must use another scent) The machine is powerful to. I turned it on at 5:00 pm and had to turn down the fan speed at 7:00 pm because the scent was really strong. You can program the machine to run at certain times of the day and I will be making adjustments to when it runs so it's not so over powering. The fan does produce some noise but it's not a distraction at all. Overall I'm satisfied with the purchase and would recommend :)
How much space does it cover with scent? Would it work well for a large area?
I just ordered a green tea and aloe candle from Amazon. Will sit in my room and swoon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom