Resort Questions

Brickcity Pauly

Original Poster
I'm looking to book a trip from 3/24/14-3/31/14. My daughter and I have stayed at Pop Century for the past 3 years. We've always enjoyed it, for what it is. But we're looking to upgrade to moderate this year, to have beds and rooms that are slightly bigger, and a less cartoon-ish resort atmosphere. My daughter is 12 years old. We're not typically ever at a park for opening, in the mornings we like to sleep until 9 or 9:30, walk to a food court and grab some breakfast, go for a swim and maybe head out to a park after showers at 1 or 2 pm. (DAK is usually different since they close earlier). We're at the parks until close usually, and we like to come back to the resort and maybe grab a bite, go to the arcade and go back to the room and watch TV for a little while.

I'm trying to decide on a Mod Resort. My top two choices right now are POFQ and CS. Both look nice to me, but I've never been to either, so thought I'd ask here.

Also, I wanted to stay at a Deluxe for one night of our stay, as we always love looking at the Contemporary Resort and think it would be great to spend one night there. But my travel agent quoted me $1300/night for a STANDARD room at the Contemporary. That...can't be right, right?

brokedad

They are both great, personally I like pors.French Quarter is decorated awesome too,cbr is my 13 yr old daughters favorite, before you mske your mind up, type them all into youtube snd see other peoples videos from each, that really shows you all the details thst the website doesnt show, hope that 1300 per night includes airfare also:), it is ridiculous how prices change from day to day thanks to projected number of guests, like the price of gas.Sorry and good luck, all the mods are really great.

HollyAD

Coronado springs is very beautiful and more like a deluxe than a mod resort. It has been years since I have stayed there but I have read that it has some deluxe amenities because of the conference center. This caught my attention for you because you said you wanted to splurge for a deluxe!

Brickcity Pauly

Original Poster
I'll surely take a look at some of the youtube videos before I decide, thanks. I've heard alot that CS is kind of like a deluxe, so that intrigues me. Plus the pool looks really nice as well.

The reason I've been leaning towards POFQ rather than PORS is because everything I read says how HUGE PORS is. How much larger are these moderates in relation to the size of Pop?

Demeter Tess

It sounds like either of the Port Orleans resorts would be perfect for you! Both have great food courts, and there's a beautiful riverside walkway that connects the two resorts, so you can easily enjoy the amenities of either resort. We really loved staying at POR and walking down to POFQ for beignets in the morning, or taking water transport to Downtown Disney.

HollyAD

I'll surely take a look at some of the youtube videos before I decide, thanks. I've heard alot that CS is kind of like a deluxe, so that intrigues me. Plus the pool looks really nice as well.

The reason I've been leaning towards POFQ rather than PORS is because everything I read says how HUGE PORS is. How much larger are these moderates in relation to the size of Pop?
The mods are much more spread out and I remember some of them have a bus just to go around the different sections. I know CS and CBR have multiple bus stops. I have not stayed at POFQ in many years so I do not remember. We usually stay at Pop and what is appealing to us is the layout! No matter what room you get you are really not that far from the main building in comparison to the mods.

Mukta

I'm looking to book a trip from 3/24/14-3/31/14. My daughter and I have stayed at Pop Century for the past 3 years. We've always enjoyed it, for what it is. But we're looking to upgrade to moderate this year, to have beds and rooms that are slightly bigger, and a less cartoon-ish resort atmosphere. My daughter is 12 years old. We're not typically ever at a park for opening, in the mornings we like to sleep until 9 or 9:30, walk to a food court and grab some breakfast, go for a swim and maybe head out to a park after showers at 1 or 2 pm. (DAK is usually different since they close earlier). We're at the parks until close usually, and we like to come back to the resort and maybe grab a bite, go to the arcade and go back to the room and watch TV for a little while.

I'm trying to decide on a Mod Resort. My top two choices right now are POFQ and CS. Both look nice to me, but I've never been to either, so thought I'd ask here.

Also, I wanted to stay at a Deluxe for one night of our stay, as we always love looking at the Contemporary Resort and think it would be great to spend one night there. But my travel agent quoted me $1300/night for a STANDARD room at the Contemporary. That...can't be right, right?
POFQ is much smaller than the others, so it would be easy to walk to the food court to get breakfast.

$1300 a night definitely doesn't sound right. Price it yourself on the WDW page.

docdebbi

as to your question about contemporary being 1300...........like everything disney depends on the date and what category room you want. a quick scan of allears prices it at anywhere from 400 to 1800 a night. if you really want to stay, but don't want to spend the BIG bucks, go with garden wing, standard view. still VERY nice, i love contemporary. and it's only a short walk to MK, make sure you stay there one of the day you plan to be at MK, so much easier to get into from there!

Brickcity Pauly

Original Poster
I would just love to stay at a Deluxe for one night with my daughter, and she's always looked at the Contemporary in awe, so I figured a night there would be great! Maybe I'll check the Poly too. I have no issues with even $500-$700 for the night...but $1300? lol.

zelie

Excuse me if the question was already posted
How many stairs can I find in the Cabanas 8A or 9A at CSR ?
Thanks for the answer

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My favorite moderates are CSR and then CBR. I really like the theming of both, CSR has the edge over CBR though because of the pool and the lounge, and it had the best bus service of any resort I had previously stayed at. I stayed at POR too and didn't care as much for it, I think I expected a lot more because of how much people love it on here. The theming of POR was pretty and relaxing but I prefer more tropical themes.

Rob562

Excuse me if the question was already posted
How many stairs can I find in the Cabanas 8A or 9A at CSR ?
Thanks for the answer

They're two-story buildings, so you either have a ground-floor room with no stairs, or the upper floor with one flight of stairs.

-Rob

The Magical Genie 123

I love POFQ. It is an amazing resort. I have never stayed at Coronado Springs, but have visited the lobby area and had dinner there. I like POFQ because it's usually quiet, and I enjoy the theme, pool, and rooms. It is smaller, but it is a very nice resort. I've stayed 2 times and have had great experiences. Riverside is also a great resort, so you may want to consider it too. Hope I helped!:)

Disneykidder

I think every moderate is really a win win and each has something unique to offer. Of all the mods, I like CSR best. I just love the atmosphere, theme, grounds, shop, staff, rooms, pool and qs there. For our last trip, we did a split stay between two deluxe resorts. My hubby chose the first one and for the second I showed the kids pics of all of the resorts on the computer and had them choose. That might be a another way to go. :)

luv

I'd go to Coronado Springs. I think it's prettier and more interesting for your daughter. The food court is better, too.

Changing hotels is a bit of a pain. My advice is to spend your entire stay in one room, if you can. :)

ToTBellHop

$477 a night, just noticed you'll be in WDW at the high priced time.

Contemporary is priced at $570 a night for the times you be there, garden wing and tower was either 691 or 762 depending what you are looking at.

I'm to cheap to pay those prices, you could rent a house and car with a driver for that much money.
Yeah, and the driver would do more than just drive you around.

One thing to realize with Coronado is that the pool is very far from the food court. If you want to go to breakfast each morning, then swim, then shower, then leave for the park, you could be walking a lot. I would hope for a room by the pool. POFQ is more convenient for what you like to do, unless you enjoy a couple miles of walking each day before you even get to the theme parks.

Brickcity Pauly

Original Poster
$477 a night, just noticed you'll be in WDW at the high priced time.

Contemporary is priced at $570 a night for the times you be there, garden wing and tower was either 691 or 762 depending what you are looking at.

I'm to cheap to pay those prices, you could rent a house and car with a driver for that much money.
Yeah, I usually am too...but if it's just for one night, for the experience, it's not a huge deal. Thanks for looking in to these!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom