Resort Question

heartodisney

Our next trip will HOPEFULLY include my sister, brother-in-law and their two teenage girls along with myself, wonderful wife, 4 y.o. daughter and mother-in-law. This will be everyones first trip except for my wife and I. We have a LONG list of things to TRY and do. My sisters' family will arrive days later than us and would have to leave even sooner than us. my first of two questions would be:

1) Do they have Disney stationary in the rooms? (I cannot remmeber if there was the last visits) to write some things down for my sis..will explain in next question.

2) Will the staff let me in my sisters room just before they check in so I will try to decorate their room with a artifical Christmas tree, gift basket and a "letter from Mickey", this would be where the stationary will come in.

All answers will be wonderful! Thanks all! :sohappy:

PurpleDragon

As far as Disney stationary, I believe they have notepads in the room (or there used to be), but if not you can easily buy a Disney notepad in the gift shop in the lobby.

As far as getting into your sisters room, that's a bit of a tricky question. If both rooms are reserved under your name then yes, you will have access to the room, but if its not in your room they probably won't let you in there. However, you may be able to ask a CM at the front desk to get one of the Mousekeeping staff to put the items you requested in the room for you prior to their arrival. I guess more than anything it will depend on the CM you talk to on how flexible they are willing to be. Also you could always go to http://www.disneyflorist.com/ and order a basket for them and have it delivered to their room on the day they check-in.

Upvote 0

heartodisney

Original Poster
As far as Disney stationary, I believe they have notepads in the room (or there used to be), but if not you can easily buy a Disney notepad in the gift shop in the lobby.

As far as getting into your sisters room, that's a bit of a tricky question. If both rooms are reserved under your name then yes, you will have access to the room, but if its not in your room they probably won't let you in there. However, you may be able to ask a CM at the front desk to get one of the Mousekeeping staff to put the items you requested in the room for you prior to their arrival. I guess more than anything it will depend on the CM you talk to on how flexible they are willing to be. Also you could always go to http://www.disneyflorist.com/ and order a basket for them and have it delivered to their room on the day they check-in.

Thanks! It will be in my name, to get my sis there, I am paying for their room and park tickets, they are own their own after that. I have looked up staionary on websites, nothing there...but forgot about the gift shop! I have priced what you have metioned...whew! Since we will be in the park days before them, we will pick up things, christmas decorations, mugs and I will have gift cards for the girls! :lol:

Upvote 0

heartodisney

Original Poster
Dug and dug, for hours, but I did come along someting great that will work! This has envelops and Mikey paper to write on. Now, to find someone that has very good handwriting to make it "look" like Mikey...he he!

Upvote 0

wdwwdeagle

Each time we have stayed at a deluxe resort, there has been resort-specific stationery (paper and envelopes) in the room (usually at the desk or in the drawer in the nightstand between the beds). I don't know about other resort categories, though.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Thanks! It will be in my name, to get my sis there, I am paying for their room and park tickets, they are own their own after that. I have looked up staionary on websites, nothing there...but forgot about the gift shop! I have priced what you have metioned...whew! Since we will be in the park days before them, we will pick up things, christmas decorations, mugs and I will have gift cards for the girls! :lol:

You might want to search for "stationery" for writing material, not "stationary".

While they used to have it in the rooms at Moderates, I think this "perk" is now limited to Deluxe resorts.
Check your local Michael's or A.C. Moore arts & crafts stores. Plenty of Disney paper goods in the scrapbooking and other sections.

As others said, if you have multiple rooms booked under one reservation that's in your name, you'll get all the keys at once, and will have access to the room. Otherwise, talk to the Front Desk when you arrive and see what they can do for you.

-Rob

Upvote 0

cinderellafan6

That is very tricky. I think u will only be able to get into ur sisters room if ur name is on the reservation. I wanted to get into my parents room one time and they didnt let me.

Upvote 0

heartodisney

Original Poster
You might want to search for "stationery" for writing material, not "stationary".

While they used to have it in the rooms at Moderates, I think this "perk" is now limited to Deluxe resorts.
Check your local Michael's or A.C. Moore arts & crafts stores. Plenty of Disney paper goods in the scrapbooking and other sections.

As others said, if you have multiple rooms booked under one reservation that's in your name, you'll get all the keys at once, and will have access to the room. Otherwise, talk to the Front Desk when you arrive and see what they can do for you.

-Rob

Thanks! Yes...I DO need to "spell check"...:lol:..:wave: I did find something VERY neat, Package includes paper that has characters on it, confetti, pencils,envelops, erasers, pencil sharpner..and a couple of other neat things that with shipping will only be less than 11.00 dollars! Most will be put back for my DD at use for later time.

As for info on the room, thank you very much, at check in, MANY questions will be asked. One other thing I do want to set up for them will be a nano with external speakers with Disney music playing for them when they walk into their room. This will be very tricky time line for this! :D

Upvote 0

heartodisney

Original Poster
That is very tricky. I think u will only be able to get into ur sisters room if ur name is on the reservation. I wanted to get into my parents room one time and they didnt let me.

It will not bother me if they have a CM with me while I put up things for them, I will not be in the room long!

Upvote 0

amontpet

If you wanted to print off some Disney Stationery online and bring it with you check out the following link. http://www.google.ca/images?q=online+disney+stationery&um=1&hl=en&tbs=isch:1&ndsp=20&imgtype=i_similar&sa=X&ei=6rr2S5tRjNC2A8ez0YcF&ct=img-sim-l&oi=image_sil&resnum=2&tbnid=QzNKvQ06mNadYM::

They have several Disney character's stationery to choose from.

Otherwise we have just searched for disney backround pictures we liked and then insert a text box and you can type your "letter". You can play with the color and font until you find one that works best. We did this for Christmas last year. Santa gave all of us entrance tickets for Disney and the kids each received a certificate (a picture of their favorite attraction, character or Cinderella's Castle saying this certificate is good for Disney Entrance Tickets etc.). This way it was personalized and looked "offical".

Upvote 0

heartodisney

Original Poster
If you wanted to print off some Disney Stationery online and bring it with you check out the following link. http://www.google.ca/images?q=online+disney+stationery&um=1&hl=en&tbs=isch:1&ndsp=20&imgtype=i_similar&sa=X&ei=6rr2S5tRjNC2A8ez0YcF&ct=img-sim-l&oi=image_sil&resnum=2&tbnid=QzNKvQ06mNadYM::

They have several Disney character's stationery to choose from.

Otherwise we have just searched for disney backround pictures we liked and then insert a text box and you can type your "letter". You can play with the color and font until you find one that works best. We did this for Christmas last year. Santa gave all of us entrance tickets for Disney and the kids each received a certificate (a picture of their favorite attraction, character or Cinderella's Castle saying this certificate is good for Disney Entrance Tickets etc.). This way it was personalized and looked "offical".

Yummy! This is a great idea! Thank you very much! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom