Resort pools...are they safe?

ewensell3

Just what you wanted to read before your vacation.

P'ing in The Public Pool: One In Five People Do It A new survey reveals that pool-p'ing is uncomfortably common, but you can take steps to protect yourself.

Click here for the full article.
http://health.msn.com/health-topics...lepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100241009&GT1=31034

For what it's worth, several sites I have read claim Disney uses ozone-based systems for treatment of their pools. If true, and if properly maintained (simple matter of maintaining salt levels), I'd say you have little to worry about in Disney pools.

Upvote 0

ewensell3

For what it's worth, several sites I have read claim Disney uses ozone-based systems for treatment of their pools. If true, and if properly maintained (simple matter of maintaining salt levels), I'd say you have little to worry about in Disney pools.

PS - Ozone doesn't work on "solid contaminants", so you still want to bring those discoveries to a Lifeguard's attention.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

One night, while at Riverside, I had a little too much to drink. I must've fallen asleep on a bench outside. I groggily woke up to the smell of chlorine and a gurgling voice saying "don't speak, it'll all be over soon." I opened my eyes, and in the dark of the night...

I could see...

Mounting me...

USING me...

OL' MAN ISLAND!!!

And the quiet pools just looked on...quietly...

So...NO! The resort pools ARE NOT SAFE! They are not safe AT ALL! :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
One night, while at Riverside, I had a little too much to drink. I must've fallen asleep on a bench outside. I groggily woke up to the smell of chlorine and a gurgling voice saying "don't speak, it'll all be over soon." I opened my eyes, and in the dark of the night...

I could see...

Mounting me...

USING me...

OL' MAN ISLAND!!!

And the quiet pools just looked on...quietly...

So...NO! The resort pools ARE NOT SAFE! They are not safe AT ALL! :lookaroun

....and I thought I was the only one.

Have been holding on to that secret for years.

Horrible nightmares. Waking up in cold sweats....:eek:

Soooo relieved to now know that I am not alone.

Upvote 0

yeti

Upvote 0

JustPlainBill

Would you swim in a Lake?
How about the Ocean?

WC Fields once said..."I don't drink water because of what the fish do in it"

When I see all those people in the pool before I get in and it crosses my mind what 1 in 5 of those people may be doing, I think back to my childhood swimming in Lake Michigan off Chicago's shore or out in some country lake in the suburbs. I remember how dirty they were. No natural crystal clear spring by any means.
For anyone who's had a chance to swim in a lake...swimming in a pool loaded with chemicals is no sweat. Doing so may have made me immune to any germs I may be exposed to anyway!

Upvote 0

BrownEyedGrrl

I'm sure some will think it's gross, and trust me, I don't want to be swimming in a pool full of other people's p, but isn't p sterile? Unless someone had a disease, but then most disease germs 'die' in a short amount of time after leaving a human body through urine. So, I'm getting myself out of the pool to potty, and I hope others do the same. But I'm not any more worried about getting sick from a public pool, than I am about getting sick from touching handrails and lap bars in WDW parks.

Upvote 0

westie

In all honesty, urine is the cleanest liquid the body produces. Essentially, its nitrogen with a low pH content(acid). Its the baby ruth I'm worried about...

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
You know, the more I think about it, its safer to swim in the pools than in some or most of the lakes and ponds in Florida with that bacteria issue they have from time to time.....

Upvote 0

CaptainJackNO

On our recent trip to Vero Beach I witnessed a child jump out of the pool doing the potty dance, and their parent actually told them to just get back in the pool and go. People are just gross. I am shocked at some of the unsanitary things I have witnessed people doing in public places.

Yep, lots of idiots in this country. And the world, for that matter. Typical action by people who do not care about what is not theirs.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom