Resort parking for part of stay

bee

Original Poster
My in-laws are staying at an All-Star resort at the end of August. They have the room for six nights but they will only have a car for three of the six nights, because my FIL has to drive home for work in the middle and my MIL will be there alone without a car for three nights. Will they be charged for parking for all six nights, or will they be able to pay for just the nights they actually have a car there? Thanks!

DisneyGigi

I think that they do it based on your magicband accessing the gate at parking. The charge shows up each night. I would have them verify that though at check in just in case I am wrong.

John park hopper

We stayed POFQ in May drove stopped at the gate told the guard we had reservation he never checked anything and waved us through. At checkin they asked if we drove and said there was a parking fee. CM never asked for plate number type of vehicle or anything that tied us to my truck. We stayed 8 nights never moved the truck. I think if we said no we did not drive we would have never been charged a parking fee.

nickys

Premium Member
All they need to do is let the front desk know your FIL is leaving and taking the car. They will only be charged for the nights they actually have a car for, but your in-laws will need to tell them.

And remind them to check their charges at the end of their stay, before MIL leaves so they can correct it if necessary.

Zé_Carioca

Lately, from what I understand, what John Park Hopper said would not work because when you first arrive, the security guard takes note of whether you are driving or not once they get your information. That way even the guests who do online check-in can get charged for parking or not, without stopping by the front desk.

From how their system works, if you arrive with a car, you will be automatically charged for parking each night since it will be noted in your room when you first arrive to check-in. However, as Nickys said, just explain the situation to the Front Desk and they can waive the parking fee for the nights where you in-laws wont have the car. Keep an eye on the folio on the day of check out and go talk to them again if needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom