resort mugs

fourstamps

We are leaving for WDW in 18 days and I have a question. What do the refuillable mugs at the All Star Music look like. Are they the YOAMD ones or are they like the old ones again. Have you seen anyone using the old ones there?

:xmas:

Phonedave

We are leaving for WDW in 18 days and I have a question. What do the refuillable mugs at the All Star Music look like. Are they the YOAMD ones or are they like the old ones again. Have you seen anyone using the old ones there?

:xmas:

As of Sep 3, they were YOAMD mugs.

And I have seen people using OLD mugs all over the place. Does that make it right? Well I am not here to decide that, :)

-dave

Upvote 0
Hiya!

Two weeks ago, they were using the YOMD mugs, but PLENTY of people were using the old models. On an interesting note, the new mugs had "for use during this stay at WDW" or something similar printed on them.

Upvote 0

imamouse

Hiya!

Two weeks ago, they were using the YOMD mugs, but PLENTY of people were using the old models. On an interesting note, the new mugs had "for use during this stay at WDW" or something similar printed on them.

I heard that to (about the fine print on the mug), but with all mugs looking alike now (except for CS), how is that even remotely enforcable outside of the year printed on the mugs? So, I can see a CM stopping someone from using a 2007 mug in 2008, but other than that, how can anyone know if you used the mug for your current visit or the last 4 trips during the same year? :shrug:

Upvote 0
I heard that to (about the fine print on the mug), but with all mugs looking alike now (except for CS), how is that even remotely enforcable outside of the year printed on the mugs? So, I can see a CM stopping someone from using a 2007 mug in 2008, but other than that, how can anyone know if you used the mug for your current visit or the last 4 trips during the same year? :shrug:

Believe me, I've thought about this too. It seems VERY unlikely that the CMs will be stopping anyone using the 2007 mugs next year. My fam. will be taking the 2007 mugs with us next year for sure.

Upvote 0

EPCOT.nut

Been staying at the WDW resorts for years now but have been so strapped financially during our stay that I have not purchased mugs. Finally get the chance and they are all generic! :ROFLOL:Doesn't that figure! Well, I bought one anyways - just wish they would bring back the individual resort mugs. Seems more of a special souvenir!

Upvote 0

EPCOT.nut

Attachments

• 100_1744.JPG
    100_1744.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 100_1733.JPG
    100_1733.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 52
Upvote 0

WishIwasThere

This generic "YOAMD" mug...Is it only for the value resorts or all. I like collecting the mugs from the different resorts. So far I have Contemp., WL, Poly., Boardwalk, and CBR. I use one every day...gives me my little bit of WDW daily fix.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Saw the same mug being used at the Poly and the GF. Also, the handles do come in 3 colors, blue, black, and a white/gray/silver color. Definitely saw lots of people using old mugs. Wonder if they will ever roll out the program they had at the water parks to the resorts. I dunno if the water parks still do this, but last time I was there, they would sell you a bar code to stick on any mug, that got you unlimited fountain drinks that day only. It was like 5 bucks for the sticker, or 10 bucks for a mug/w sticker. But the bar code changed daily.

Upvote 0

DisneySam

Make sure you choose wisely. Mine from the Pop Century in May has a black handle instead of blue, which of course I didn't notice until I was using it.

Upvote 0

sherylemomof2

Great I have that one

I think it is neat that we got these our last trip this past June Going again in May and I will take them along just in case!
I thought it was ironic that we traveled clear to Disney Paid 12 bucks for these and they are manufactured at a plant down the road in Warren PA cool huh. Wish we could get them here at cost LOL No such luck!

Upvote 0

EPCOT.nut

Yes I thought the 3 different handle colors was good. Granted the black handle looks stupid, but it did the trick for telling mine, DS and sis's mugs apart during our Celebration 25 trip. We only used them for the 2 days but it was worth the price since I really milked the free refills. Problem is that I don't drink much soda (not good for you) so I drank soda like a pig for 2 days to get my money's worth! (yea I was in Hog Heaven!) :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom