Resort housekeeping

BWW

Original Poster
Has anyone heard anything about the resort upping their housekeeping game? We went in November 2020 and the cleaning staff wouldn't enter the rooms at all. We had to take our trash do a "drop site" by the elevators and pick up clean towels on the racks there, also. (Pop Century). I'm hoping little by little things are returning to normal.

ilovelabs2021

Has anyone heard anything about the resort upping their housekeeping game? We went in November 2020 and the cleaning staff wouldn't enter the rooms at all. We had to take our trash do a "drop site" by the elevators and pick up clean towels on the racks there, also. (Pop Century). I'm hoping little by little things are returning to normal.
I was under the impression from others who have gone that they do enter the rooms and take your trash and drop off towels and do light dusting every other day.

runnsally

Housekeeping should be back to normal by now - I’ll give WDW the benefit of the doubt and assume it’s a staffing deficit and not cost-cutting.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I was under the impression from others who have gone that they do enter the rooms and take your trash and drop off towels and do light dusting every other day.
If they do any "light dusting," it's VERY light.

They basically do nothing, and the "every other day" is extremely inconsistent. They showed up twice a day some days, and not at all for multiple days at a time. They were very friendly and responsive when I called for towels a few times, but we started taking out our own trash and sticking it in one of the cans on the resort grounds.

ilovelabs2021

If they do any "light dusting," it's VERY light.

They basically do nothing, and the "every other day" is extremely inconsistent. They showed up twice a day some days, and not at all for multiple days at a time. They were very friendly and responsive when I called for towels a few times, but we started taking out our own trash and sticking it in one of the cans on the resort grounds.
Yes I’ve read that it’s inconsistent.

Raxel7851

Staying at GF and so far the room service has been consistent at every other day. Room is cleaned, trash taken away, towels replaced, soap replenished. The room needs to be unoccupied for them to service it. They do leave plastic bags to use as liners for the trash cans.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Staying at GF and so far the room service has been consistent at every other day. Room is cleaned, trash taken away, towels replaced, soap replenished. The room needs to be unoccupied for them to service it. They do leave plastic bags to use as liners for the trash cans.
They're not making the bed are they?

Raxel7851

I’m going to say No. Only because we make our bed up before we leave for the parks. It’s just the Wife and I, so it’s really no big deal. I’m thinking if you requested the linens changed, they would do that. But again, we haven’t done that.

DiMase

We’re at Yacht now and I can tell you, they are not consistent with what they tell you at all. They say every other day, but when I called yesterday, what was our “cleaning day”, they acted like “Uh, well ok, I guess”. To be sure, we stopped the housekeeper in the hall on our way out in the morning and asked if she was going to clean our room, and she said yes. We were actually excited to return that evening to a clean room, but instead, we got a room left the exact same! ALL they did was empty garage and put new towels out...THAT WAS IT!! Nothing else! Not even fresh shampoo, conditioner and soap, which you could see we were clearly out of (that’s why I didn’t request more - I thought they’d replenish).

We hav 3 people here with long hair, so it was STILL everywhere on the floor, plus dirty sinks & faucets from toothpaste and soap, gross bathtub from 4 people showering, coffee area not refilled, our crumbs on the floor still...I could go on. And mind you, I’m a clean person. Everyday here (like home), I’m organizing, tidying up, taking garbage out, on my hands and knees with a towel “sweeping” and cleaning the floor, taking wet rags to clean the sink, faucets, mirror, tub, counters, coffee area, etc. Plus I leave with the beds made like they’d do it here so it “feels” professional. I want us to come back “like” the housekeeper was here. But stupidly I thought yesterday I wouldn’t have to clean for once - wrong!

It’s a pain in the a$$. You need to call for everything plus BE HERE in the room to receive it (they won’t just leave it in or out your room). So someone always has to wait around to get the stuff. And no offense who’s giving the instructions to whomever’s delivering it, but they alwyas give us not-enough of what we ask for or too-much of what we don’t. So we end up calling several times.

Seriously, it’s enough insanity already. Start cleaning the rooms or at least give us a discount on the room since I’m WORKING on my vacation!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I have stayed on-site six times (a week each time) at four different deluxe resorts since WDW reopened in July.

This is the “official” policy on the website:

Our trash was emptied daily. I believe this was done during the “room security check” (protocol since the Vegas incident.)

Every-other-day we got fresh towels. No vacuuming or wiping/cleaning of vanity counters (as specified in the “During Your Stay” section.) Toilet paper and Kleenex were replenished if needed, but we only got extra soap one day during one visit. Can’t remember which resort it was.

No dusting or bed making (neither of which are mentioned in “During Your Stay”) and sheets are not changed unless you make a special request. (Pre-COVID sheets were changed after 4 nights.)

If you receive service beyond the current protocol, consider yourself fortunate. I fear what began as a “safety measure” will continue forward as a cost-cutting measure. “Opting out” of housekeeping gains you nothing monetarily and current measures feel like an “involuntary” opt out, without a discount on the room rate.

John park hopper

I have stayed on-site six times (a week each time) at four different deluxe resorts since WDW reopened in July.

Our trash was emptied daily. I believe this was done during the “room security check” (protocol since the Vegas incident.)

Every-other-day we got fresh towels. No vacuuming or wiping/cleaning of vanity counters (as specified in the “During Your Stay” section.) Toilet paper and Kleenex were replenished if needed, but we only got extra soap one day during one visit. Can’t remember which resort it was.

No dusting or bed making (neither of which are mentioned in “During Your Stay”) and sheets are not changed unless you make a special request. (Pre-COVID sheets were changed after 4 nights.)

If you receive service beyond the current protocol, consider yourself fortunate. I fear what began as a “safety measure” will continue forward as a cost-cutting measure. “Opting out” of housekeeping gains you nothing monetarily and current measures feel like an “involuntary” opt out, without a discount on the room rate.
Agree IMO Disney has used covid as pretext to cut services and increase their bottom line. It will be interesting to see what services pre-covid come back.

JIMINYCR

Staying at the Contemporary now . Having no problems with mouse keeping changing towels and emptying trash. In fact when we leave our room the mouse keepers ask DW if she needed anything for our room when they see her.

castlecake2.0

We’re at Yacht now and I can tell you, they are not consistent with what they tell you at all. They say every other day, but when I called yesterday, what was our “cleaning day”, they acted like “Uh, well ok, I guess”. To be sure, we stopped the housekeeper in the hall on our way out in the morning and asked if she was going to clean our room, and she said yes. We were actually excited to return that evening to a clean room, but instead, we got a room left the exact same! ALL they did was empty garage and put new towels out...THAT WAS IT!! Nothing else! Not even fresh shampoo, conditioner and soap, which you could see we were clearly out of (that’s why I didn’t request more - I thought they’d replenish).

We hav 3 people here with long hair, so it was STILL everywhere on the floor, plus dirty sinks & faucets from toothpaste and soap, gross bathtub from 4 people showering, coffee area not refilled, our crumbs on the floor still...I could go on. And mind you, I’m a clean person. Everyday here (like home), I’m organizing, tidying up, taking garbage out, on my hands and knees with a towel “sweeping” and cleaning the floor, taking wet rags to clean the sink, faucets, mirror, tub, counters, coffee area, etc. Plus I leave with the beds made like they’d do it here so it “feels” professional. I want us to come back “like” the housekeeper was here. But stupidly I thought yesterday I wouldn’t have to clean for once - wrong!

It’s a pain in the a$$. You need to call for everything plus BE HERE in the room to receive it (they won’t just leave it in or out your room). So someone always has to wait around to get the stuff. And no offense who’s giving the instructions to whomever’s delivering it, but they alwyas give us not-enough of what we ask for or too-much of what we don’t. So we end up calling several times.

Seriously, it’s enough insanity already. Start cleaning the rooms or at least give us a discount on the room since I’m WORKING on my vacation!
But you read and agreed to the reduced housekeeping when you made this reservation?

castlecake2.0

I believe we should be seeing changes soon, they’re actively hiring housekeeping and college program will help as well. The main issue has been 1) safety of the cast ie not wanting them in the room with guests and touching things etc and 2) the union call back system, everyone getting called back has to work their way up to their original spot, so even if you know Pop Century Housekeeper 297’s spot will open in 3 weeks, the person going to that spot may start as custodial at Disney springs until however many people ahead of him also are moved around to try to get them back to their spot, creating gaps in the scheduling, delayed training etc, resulting in a reduced labor pool for now. The union did a great job protecting peoples jobs, but created hell for casting to work through.

EdnaMode

I've been 5 times onsite since July and this is totally our experience as well. We've had to ask for fresh towels on cleaning days and we've pretty much accepted that we are going to produce enough trash from take-out meals that we will empty it ourselves every day. But I don't think it's a good look to see guests hauling their trash bags around the halls at Grand Floridian looking for somewhere to get rid of it. :oops:

I haven't expected much cleaning in the room beginning with the first time we returned. We were greeted by the hotel manager when we got off DME and he was telling us a bit about the services that had been restored. He mentioned that housekeeping would only be entering the room to refresh towels / toiletries and to remove trash. He specifically said they would not be cleaning in the washrooms, I believe he said something like "They will not be touching surfaces." I will say that some stays there has been more than others, but sometimes there was very, very little housekeeping including totally missed cleaning days. I understand all of this, because nearly a year ago, it wasn't clearly understood how COVID was being transmitted.

But now....housekeeping needs to take these tasks back over from guests as soon as staffing can be normalized. This is the announcement I'm really waiting on...

EdnaMode

But you read and agreed to the reduced housekeeping when you made this reservation?

That reduced housekeeping policy is probably why guests like the poster above was expecting a replenishment of toiletries, vaccuming and countertop cleaning when the towels and trash were handled. It is something the policy specifically says they will be doing as part of the reduced service.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom