Trip Report Resort hopping and Christmas shopping 12/14-12/16/20

Dis1.jpg

Hello friends and fellow magicians! I took a recent no park trip to the World strictly for shopping and resort hopping and thought I would fill you in on some of it. I stayed at the Hilton Disney Springs for 3 days and 2 nights. I haven't stayed at this particular Hilton and arrived around noon on 12/14/21. Really nice front desk manager put me close to the hot tub as requested and gave me one of their refurbished rooms on the 6th floor. I unloaded the car and headed straight for the Springs via the suspended walkway. It was a total of 5 minutes from my room to the temperature check, so I was absolutely thrilled with my room location and time it took me to arrive at the Springs.

cgersic

Original Poster
I landed at the boat dock and headed to the Syliner next! First destination Art of Animation! It was still closed when I was there in July and I stayed at POP. I love wandering around the outside of this resort since it's so full of life and characters. I was headed to their resort store to get a mug. I am a collector of the resort mugs for 2 reasons: 1) I drink a ton of water and like cups that have a handle and I can carry with me and 2) I love looking at the characters on them. I have to say I was sorely disappointed in this year's Christmas mug. Soooo boring?!
dis29.JPG
dis28.JPG
dis27.JPG

Oh well, it's got a handle! I was just surprised at the lack of character compared to all of my other mugs.

cgersic

Original Poster
With cup in hand, I ventured outside and headed to the Cars area. I've only seen the Lion King area at sunset, so I wanted to catch this area with some lower light as I'd seen a lot of nighttime pictures and it looked really cool. I should have waited a little longer, but I also wanted to be on the Skyliner headed towards Epcot when the sun actually set. I took a couple of photos and headed to the Skyliner.
Dis14.JPG

dis15.JPG

These guys always make me smile....
Dis16.JPG

Dis13.JPG

Dis17.JPG

cgersic

Original Poster
I was getting thirsty again, so I walked to the Yacht and Beach Club for another Pina Colava to put in my new cup! Took a couple of photos along the way
Dis22.JPG

Dis23.JPG

Now it was starting to get cool outside, so I decided to head back to Disney Springs for some food. Ended up at my favorite - Raglan Road - and got seated right away at the physically distanced bar. I had some really yummy red pepper soup and soda bread (YUM!!!) to go with my Smithwick's, the band and the dancers.
Dis24.JPG

Dis25.JPG

Yeah, I know. I can't take a clear photo to save my life. I have an older iPhone 6, but I guess it gets the job done? 🤣 I finished up my mini meal and headed back outside. The Springs was really busy, so I thought I'd try World of Disney again before heading back to the Hilton. Nope, long line with virtual wait times over 2 hours!? Guess I'll get the shopping done before I head back home the next day!

cgersic

Original Poster
I woke up refreshed and it was a gorgeous day! I went down to the hot tub for a morning soak while I drank my coffee. Sooo nice! Went back to my room, got everything packed and to the car (including putting my swim suit in a small bag in case I had time for a dip when I was done shopping) and headed back over the bridge. If you are headed to Disney Springs and plan on visiting World of Disney, do it early in the day. The Springs seem to get crowded every night and you will be waiting for sure! I hit every store in the Marketplace area and then World of Disney. I am just so disappointed in the direction this store has gone. No more little trinkets that you can't find anywhere else, hardly any jewelry, the plushies are now bigger with a bigger price tag, I could go on. So after wandering and wandering, I finally had the gifts I needed. This is when I found the best buy of the entire trip! For ONE DOLLAR! Nope, that is not a capitalized typo - it really was $1!!!
dis30.JPG

They have these reusable shopping bags with one for each park, with all of them together like this one, and ones that say World of Disney with the fab four on them. I bought one of each thinking I would use them as gift bags, but I kept them all except one. :inlove: They have 3 different sizes, but again, they are all one dollar!! Make you holler!! Yes, I'm sure I'm way too excited about them, but the alternative was their Christmas bag for $14.99 with any purchase and I knew I wouldn't use it anywhere. So with my bag of bags, I left WOD and headed back to the Hilton. On my way, I passed one of the trees that had these decorations all over it. Soooo cute!! My new favorite and I will definitely be trying my hand at making some.
Dis26.JPG

You will also notice there are 2 of them in the cover photo for this report. They were inside one of the planters and I had passed by them multiple times but there were always other people posing in front of them. On my last day, there was no one around so that's when I got my photo opportunity.

So, I finally finished and I thank you all for following along! I had a wonderful time even though I didn't step foot inside of a park. Christmas is my favorite time at Disney, with Flower and Garden coming in right behind in 2nd. It always puts me in such a festive mood, and this trip was no different. I wish you all a safe and Happy 2021 and I look forward to reading all of your reports! I'm hoping to get back there in March or April... See you real soon!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
I woke up refreshed and it was a gorgeous day! I went down to the hot tub for a morning soak while I drank my coffee. Sooo nice! Went back to my room, got everything packed and to the car (including putting my swim suit in a small bag in case I had time for a dip when I was done shopping) and headed back over the bridge. If you are headed to Disney Springs and plan on visiting World of Disney, do it early in the day. The Springs seem to get crowded every night and you will be waiting for sure! I hit every store in the Marketplace area and then World of Disney. I am just so disappointed in the direction this store has gone. No more little trinkets that you can't find anywhere else, hardly any jewelry, the plushies are now bigger with a bigger price tag, I could go on. So after wandering and wandering, I finally had the gifts I needed. This is when I found the best buy of the entire trip! For ONE DOLLAR! Nope, that is not a capitalized typo - it really was $1!!!
View attachment 523981
They have these reusable shopping bags with one for each park, with all of them together like this one, and ones that say World of Disney with the fab four on them. I bought one of each thinking I would use them as gift bags, but I kept them all except one. :inlove: They have 3 different sizes, but again, they are all one dollar!! Make you holler!! Yes, I'm sure I'm way too excited about them, but the alternative was their Christmas bag for $14.99 with any purchase and I knew I wouldn't use it anywhere. So with my bag of bags, I left WOD and headed back to the Hilton. On my way, I passed one of the trees that had these decorations all over it. Soooo cute!! My new favorite and I will definitely be trying my hand at making some.
View attachment 523982
You will also notice there are 2 of them in the cover photo for this report. They were inside one of the planters and I had passed by them multiple times but there were always other people posing in front of them. On my last day, there was no one around so that's when I got my photo opportunity.

So, I finally finished and I thank you all for following along! I had a wonderful time even though I didn't step foot inside of a park. Christmas is my favorite time at Disney, with Flower and Garden coming in right behind in 2nd. It always puts me in such a festive mood, and this trip was no different. I wish you all a safe and Happy 2021 and I look forward to reading all of your reports! I'm hoping to get back there in March or April... See you real soon!
March and April sound good😉

KellBelle

I really enjoyed this. I love DS, my vacation is not complete without several visits. I also was super excited about the bags, you are not alone on that! Thanks for the fun!

fractal

That is a great buy at World of Disney! Someday I'll get to WDW at Christmas time.

thanks of the great report and Happy 2021!

LisaBelle

I really enjoyed your report. I love Wilderness Lodge and Pina Colavas! I’ve never been to Disney at Christmas so I love the photos of the trees! Thanks for sharing!

cgersic

Original Poster
I really enjoyed this. I love DS, my vacation is not complete without several visits. I also was super excited about the bags, you are not alone on that! Thanks for the fun!
Thanks for coming along! If I stay on property, I normally don't make it to DS, so it was a great change of pace.

cgersic

Original Poster
That is a great buy at World of Disney! Someday I'll get to WDW at Christmas time.

thanks of the great report and Happy 2021!
I know, right?! I can't wait until you go and I get to see your photos :happy: Thanks for following and Happy 2021 to you and your family!
I really enjoyed your report. I love Wilderness Lodge and Pina Colavas! I’ve never been to Disney at Christmas so I love the photos of the trees! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you! I had a lot of fun doing it! Wilderness Lodge is my dream stay at Christmas (or really any time) and I'm pretty sure I'm going to find the recipe for Pina Colavas! :hungry:

amjt660

Premium Member
No plan right now.
Trip last April was cancelled and our border is supposed to be closed to non-essential travel.
(I say supposed to because I know of Canadians that went to Florida as an add on to an essential business trip to Texas)

Maybe not a popular position on this board but a trip to WDW does not appeal to me right now.
Too much COVID impact to the park experience for me

So I will just keep reading/commenting and waiting for my next turn.....

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom