Resort Hopping 2022

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Original Poster
Hmm...thought there would be info readily available on this. Perhaps my 'search' game is off.....

For obvious reason this has not been a thing. However now that just about all restrictions have been dropped.

Is resort hopping back like it was in the olden days? I mean I know I can go just about any where with a dinner reservation.
I know the deal with monorail resorts, I know the deal with skyliner resorts, I know if I take a bus from a park I can go anywhere...

However can I roll up in my whip and just tell security I wanna take a look see 'round let's say....AKL?

Tiggger1966

Several of the youtubers have been talking about this they are clamping down on it. Disney has realized that people are doing this to get out of paying for parking. So the answer is no you cant just roll up and get in to look around. Its not every time but most of the time security says no, not without a reservation. Sorry:confused:

Club Cooloholic

Several of the youtubers have been talking about this they are clamping down on it. Disney has realized that people are doing this to get out of paying for parking. So the answer is no you cant just roll up and get in to look around. Its not every time but most of the time security says no, not without a reservation. Sorry:confused:
My guess would be if someone does just want a peek they should come after 8pm...when it's less likely someone is parking just to avoid a parking fee for the parks.

MissViv

When we were there in February this year, we were staying at YC and wanted to go to the Contemporary for shopping. They would not let us enter the parking lot with a reservation. We ended up going to Magic Kingdom which had closed early for cast party and parked free there and took the monorail. Ended up eating at the Contemporary at the quick service - best Hamburger I have found at Disney is there!

nickys

Premium Member
I would think that if you try and drive up to either a monorail resort or one of the Epcot resorts during the day, the chances are you may be denied entry.

WL and Riviera are also reported to still being strict. Your chances are probably better at other resorts, including AKL.

To be on the safe side you can use Disney transport.

DisneyFreak

This is good information. We will be there in a week and staying a couple nights at Boardwalk. One night we plan on doing a monorail pub crawl. It sounds like the best way to do this would be to take Uber or Lyft over to one of the monorail resorts and have a dining reservation?

nickys

Premium Member
This is good information. We will be there in a week and staying a couple nights at Boardwalk. One night we plan on doing a monorail pub crawl. It sounds like the best way to do this would be to take Uber or Lyft over to one of the monorail resorts and have a dining reservation?
Depending on the time you could just take a bus to MK and start from there. Or take an Uber / Lyft to the TTC. No dining reservation required.

Diamond Dot

I resort hopped on my last trip, it was even better with the GF walkway. I walked to Contemporary, took the monorail to TTC walked from there to Poly onto GF and then back to MK.
The only thing I found different was the resort menus were very samey, but, I still really enjoyed it.

aladdin2007

We have a dining reservation at the Contemporary tomorrow,,,are we going to get turned away from parking there? I ask because we have a family member with us who can not do all that walking through parking lots etc. Now were starting to wonder just how were going to get in and be on time and all of that.

Chi84

Premium Member
We have a dining reservation at the Contemporary tomorrow,,,are we going to get turned away from parking there? I ask because we have a family member with us who can not do all that walking through parking lots etc. Now were starting to wonder just how were going to get in and be on time and all of that.
You won’t be turned away with a dining reservation. The security guard will direct you which way to go if you want to drop off your family member before parking.

aladdin2007

You won’t be turned away with a dining reservation. The security guard will direct you which way to go if you want to drop off your family member before parking.
thank you, I was also asking because we had a dining reserve there back on the 50th, on oct 1, and they turned us away even with the dining reserve proof. It was kind of a mess having to backtrack we were almost late but made it. Just didn't really want to go through that again. But maybe because that was a big day?

Chi84

Premium Member
thank you, I was also asking because we had a dining reserve there back on the 50th, on oct 1, and they turned us away even with the dining reserve proof. It was kind of a mess having to backtrack we were almost late but made it. Just didn't really want to go through that again. But maybe because that was a big day?
I’m sure that was it. They also didn’t allow park hopping for part of that day due to capacity issues. This time of year has never been a problem for parking with reservations.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies. There were a couple of resorts we wanted to check out that we could not during Covid. We always have a car and I avoid Disney bus transportation as much as I possibly can. 🙃 sounds like it may be a cr*p shoot

Club Cooloholic

I resort hopped on my last trip, it was even better with the GF walkway. I walked to Contemporary, took the monorail to TTC walked from there to Poly onto GF and then back to MK.
The only thing I found different was the resort menus were very samey, but, I still really enjoyed it.
I think even the menus have all started to look the same.

Monorail_Red_77

I tried resort hopping a few times over the past few years during the pandemic and got the usual no answer. No Room Reservation and No Dining Reservation, no entry. So I would then uses WDW Transport to get into the various resorts for resort specific purposes.

Fast forward to April 30th, 2022, with all resorts now fully open, All Star Sports Resort being the last resort to open.
I thought I would try to drive into a resort for lunch but with no reservations. To my surprise it worked.

I was able to drive into Port Orleans French Quarter with no issues. Next I was able to drive into Pop Century Resort with no issues the same way. Pop Century even had an A-Frame sign out saying parking is limited. After this I did not try to drive to any other resorts, I used Skyliner, Monorail, etc where needed. I do a lot of resort hopping for pressed pennies for myself and others.

I don't know if this was some random fluke or not. But, I do know that I will try it again next time for sure. Driving into Resorts cuts way down on the travel time when resort hopping. Other wise waiting on a WDW bus to hop from MK to resort, to another park and then my next resort takes close to an hour, for example. I enjoy resort hopping getting a bite to eat here and there. Riding the various forms of transportation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom