Resort discount strangeness

BenS

Original Poster
I'll be visiting the world this august with some friends. One of these friends happens to be an airline employee, and I'd read online that airline employees can get discounts of up to 40-50% off resort prices.

Now since we're staying at a value resort (All-Star Movies) and during a really cheap season, I doubted we'd get that big a discount, if anything. But since we're college students on a budget we just had to check.

So we call up their special employee discount line and find out that yes, there is a discount program for airline employees and yes, his airline is eligible. We get a quote and it doesn't look like we're getting a discount, so we tell them thanks anyway and call back the regular line to set up our reservation.

This is where it gets a little weird. The final price we get from Disney is $519 total, which is about $19 less than what the discount line quoted us. :veryconfu

I can certainly understand not getting a discount in this situation, but I can't understand why it would cost (granted, just slightly) more. I know resort prices can fluctuate, but the time difference between quotes was literally 5 to 10 minutes.

I know it's not important, but can anyone offer any ideas? I'm stumped here.

A good friend of mine's husband is a pilot. She said they do get a discount. Call back again and ask for an explanation. Sometimes you get a newbie and they do not know what is going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom