Resort Date Of Construction

BigTxEars

Original Poster
Does anybody have a list of the dates of construction of the DVC resorts?

We will be using our DVC points for the first time in Jan of next year. Our home is SSR but we want to experience the different resorts of course. Since we are having an issue deciding where to stay first I was thinking of doing the following.

Stay at the oldest resort first, OKW in this case. Then the next visit stay in the 2nd oldest and so on. This way we get to see all the resorts in a order that is set and known to us. Also as the newest DVCs (Poly and GF) would be last on the list that would allow us to try and book those years from now when the new "hype" has slowed down for them as well as our kids will be out of school so we will be much more flexible in when we can visit thus allowing us a better chance to book them.

But I need a list :)

Obi

here is what i could find. not sure if this is accurate though.

OKW Fall 1991
VB Fall 1995
HHI Mar 1996
BWV July 1996
VWL Nov 2000
BCV July 2002
SSR May 2004
AKV July 2007
BLT Aug 2009
VGC Sep 2009
Aul Aug 2011
VGF Oct 2013

Crafty

Be careful!! You may like a resort so much that you will never want to stay anywhere else. LOL

That happened to us at the AKV. We will never stay anywhere else at WDW. That said, we also like HHI a lot. When we want to save money and relax, we go there.

BigTxEars

Original Poster
Be careful!! You may like a resort so much that you will never want to stay anywhere else. LOL

That happened to us at the AKV. We will never stay anywhere else at WDW. That said, we also like HHI a lot. When we want to save money and relax, we go there.

I have always heard people "stumble" upon the one resort and never go anywhere else. We just do not know where that is for us yet :)

kparn

FWIW...Animal Kingdom Villas are comprised of two. Jambo House: opened in 2007 after conversion from lodge. Kidani Village: opened in 2009.

Crafty

FWIW...Animal Kingdom Villas are comprised of two. Jambo House: opened in 2007 after conversion from lodge. Kidani Village: opened in 2009.

We have never stayed at Jambo. However, we have eaten at BOMA (good) and visited the lobby.

Kidani is where we stay. It is the extra bathroom for us every time.

Now if HHI would only add an extra bathroom.....
I like the new lighter decor a lot, but it is not an extra bathroom. LOL

Last edited:

slappy magoo

Since we are having an issue deciding where to stay first I was thinking of doing the following.

Stay at the oldest resort first, OKW in this case. Then the next visit stay in the 2nd oldest and so on. This way we get to see all the resorts in a order that is set and known to us. Also as the newest DVCs (Poly and GF) would be last on the list that would allow us to try and book those years from now when the new "hype" has slowed down for them as well as our kids will be out of school so we will be much more flexible in when we can visit thus allowing us a better chance to book them.

But I need a list :)

Sounds like a fun plan. But my 2 cents:

OKW, SSR and VAK are HUGE, and as a result, these will probably be the resorts you'll have the best shot at booking at the 7 month mark. And of course, as SSR owners, you can book there at the 11 month mark. Some resorts have incredibly select few rooms, and might be harder to book, especially at certain times of the year - for example, Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas are routinely hard to get if you're planning to go during the Food and Wine Festivals at Epcot. And early December (which requires fewer points compared to Xmas week) are busy EVERYWHERE).

Were I you, I'd first to always make sure I book SSR at the 11 month mark (or ASAP) so you have something, just in case. Then at 7 months, try to book where you want to stay first and foremost, in the order of "most like to stay." Because OKW will probably always be easier to book than many of the others.

BigTxEars

Original Poster
Sounds like a fun plan. But my 2 cents:

OKW, SSR and VAK are HUGE, and as a result, these will probably be the resorts you'll have the best shot at booking at the 7 month mark. And of course, as SSR owners, you can book there at the 11 month mark. Some resorts have incredibly select few rooms, and might be harder to book, especially at certain times of the year - for example, Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas are routinely hard to get if you're planning to go during the Food and Wine Festivals at Epcot. And early December (which requires fewer points compared to Xmas week) are busy EVERYWHERE).

Were I you, I'd first to always make sure I book SSR at the 11 month mark (or ASAP) so you have something, just in case. Then at 7 months, try to book where you want to stay first and foremost, in the order of "most like to stay." Because OKW will probably always be easier to book than many of the others.

Makes sense :) We are currently booked at SSR right now in Jan. When the "new" points hit our DVC account I will see what we can book at that point :)

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom