resort cups??

dixiegirl

can anyone tell me if they are still allowing you to use your cups from previous visit's?? we have been the past 3 years and have'nt taken our cups.......was curious if we could still use them at the food courts at the resorts?? we have stayed in the past and are staying at again port orleans riverside.....any info would help......
it will always be Dixie Landings to me..........:D

Fido

From what I've read on here, it doesn't seem like a big deal. People have done it before and suffered no ill consequences apparantly.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

the last time we stayed at the WL we saw people using cups of different designs (same resort). No one seemed to mind. We usually buy new one because the kids use them constantly and they look pretty shabby.

Upvote 0

crazygirley

You will have no problem. Like I have said in other posts, People definately use old resort mugs, as well as mugs from the parks. People also fill up baby bottles, Starbuck cups, soggy paper cups, and even ice buckets. I highly doubt they will say anything to you about your old resort mugs. Bring them along and drink up!

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Be advised...
Disney is trying to prevent this

For starters...Disney is (has) placed scan codes on the Water Park mugs...the mugs are bought...and the Scan code is activated....then you must scan your mug in order to get a breverage....the mug "expires" at the end of the day...it can be reactivated on ur next visit...
I have seen this...

I know...pretty ridiculous to me too...

I doubt this idea will come to the resorts....at least not in this year...it will be complicated once you factor in lengths of stays and what not...

also...people do shun against this...some don't think its right for you not to buy the mug...

But hey...if you have one...use it...this worst there going to do is ask you not to use that mug...which I doubt they will....

Upvote 0
For the past four years we've stayed at All-Star Movies. We purchased our refillable mugs during our first or second stay there, and have brought them back with us each year. We were under the impression (when we first purchased them) that they were good for unlimited refills for any return visit to that particular resort. Then last year, I heard some rumblings that they were only for the length of your stay. I read on another (*GASP*) WDW info board that they have made the policy to only include refills for the length of your stay. Hmmm...should have grandfather-claused it in for people who bought on previous years. We didn't have any trouble last year, but I did get a few funny looks. I decided we'd just buy new ones this year....more room in the suitcase on the way down at least!
:lol:

Upvote 0

bhg469

i say go for it, disney is charging you for everything else. soda costs pennies a cup and those mugs hold almost nothing so FILL EM UP. Eisner wont miss the money.

Upvote 0

Becky

Originally posted by bhg469
and those mugs hold almost nothing .

That sure is true:eek: But at least I burn off lots of calories walking back and forth to the soda machine:lol:

I have heard all kinds of "cup , good fors", "good for length or stay", "good for resort purchased in only" "good forever" "good for a half hour" etc.

I have never seen anything posted on the mug display, at the food courts or in resort pamphlets etc. I have seen people filling up everything except the kitchen sink:D

Upvote 0

bhg469

especially when you are staying at the coronado, now dont get me wrong its my favorite moderate resort by far cause its so nice and quiet but when you stay in casitas 7A and if youve been there you know what i mean. its a HIKE. almost not worth it, sometimes we would eve catch the bus to the closer stop to the front. if you want free drinks though, go to ice station cool at EPCOT and you have to try beverly!!! its the tastiest soda ever hehehehe (in case you couldent tell by my evil laugh its terrible) but they do have some good stuff and its free!

Upvote 0

bailey5697

I have a question regarding the mugs, I figured I would throw it under this MUG thread, hope you don't mind! :D
Someone mentioned that you can buy a mug at the resort and then use it also on the cruise? I know the cruise has a refillable mug also, but can you actually use the same one from the resort you just stayed at? :confused:

Upvote 0

GrumpysGal

Originally posted by disneydudette
Be advised...
Disney is trying to prevent this

For starters...Disney is (has) placed scan codes on the Water Park mugs...the mugs are bought...and the Scan code is activated....then you must scan your mug in order to get a breverage....the mug "expires" at the end of the day...it can be reactivated on ur next visit...
I have seen this...

I know...pretty ridiculous to me too...

I doubt this idea will come to the resorts....at least not in this year...it will be complicated once you factor in lengths of stays and what not...

also...people do shun against this...some don't think its right for you not to buy the mug...

But hey...if you have one...use it...this worst there going to do is ask you not to use that mug...which I doubt they will....

I heard this same thing! I find it redicoulous as well. But I am imagining its costing them some money when people do that and they must find a way to prevent it. I have never done it, but I have thought to do it. I just always forget to take it. I also say go for it, especially since Orlando water is so yucky! It has the weirdest taste, I can even sometimes taste it in the fountain soda. (It's probably all in my head since I find Orlando water so different from Miami's (my hometown) water! LOL) My friends and family find me weird because they don't tase it, but ever since I was a kid, I never liked the water. Anyways, GO FOR IT and good luck! :D

*Erika*

Upvote 0

rosie.ca

Originally posted by GrumpysGal
.... I also say go for it, especially since Orlando water is so yucky! It has the weirdest taste, I can even sometimes taste it in the fountain soda. (It's probably all in my head since I find Orlando water so different from Miami's (my hometown) water! LOL) My friends and family find me weird because they don't tase it, but ever since I was a kid, I never liked the water. Anyways, GO FOR IT and good luck! :D

*Erika*
it tasted like camp water ... when i went to camp as a kid they had a water fountain...exact same taste...
and as for ice station cool...hahahaha i challenged my yonger brother to drink one mini cup of each of the flavours in 30 seconds without making a face .... and he had never tasted them before ... the first few were not bad at all but then what was it germany and italy? :hurl: ...hahahaha

Upvote 0

Zippa D Doodah

[ I also say go for it, especially since Orlando water is so yucky! It has the weirdest taste, I can even sometimes taste it in the fountain soda. (It's probably all in my head since I find Orlando water so different from Miami's (my hometown) water! LOL) My friends and family find me weird because they don't tase it, but ever since I was a kid, I never liked the water. Anyways, GO FOR IT and good luck! :D

*Erika* [/B][/QUOTE]

Orlando water tastes just plain nasty to me. :hurl: :hurl: . Our water here at home is delicious well water. We bought Brita filtered water bottlles and fill them up constantly at the parks. Tastes like water from home then:slurp: . It's either that or pay $3 a bottle for water:brick:

Upvote 0

disneydudette

never noticed the water issue....
But it would explain why the coffe tasted like dirt.... :hurl:

QUESTION!!

when we were at WDW....I was obsessed with "PIBB"....it was like a :Ghetto" Dr. Pepper:lol: :lol: ....
To give u an idea on how obsessed I was....CMs started calling me the "PIBB"...it stuck good...and now even the family calls me "PIBB"

Does neone know if they sell that stuff anywhere in NE....or anywhere outside of FL....
thanx

Upvote 0

bhg469

Originally posted by disneydudette
never noticed the water issue....
But it would explain why the coffe tasted like dirt.... :hurl:

QUESTION!!

when we were at WDW....I was obsessed with "PIBB"....it was like a :Ghetto" Dr. Pepper:lol: :lol: ....
To give u an idea on how obsessed I was....CMs started calling me the "PIBB"...it stuck good...and now even the family calls me "PIBB"

Does neone know if they sell that stuff anywhere in NE....or anywhere outside of FL....
thanx

they sure do, Mr pibb is coke's dr pepper i think its in the north east. i have never seen it anywhere else. i find it shocking that no one down there likes pepsi though, everyone loves plain coke. that stuff is crap!

Upvote 0

tiggerlover1971

Mr Pibb is a coke product and they have it here in south florida personally I like coke products better Pepsi has a bad after taste to me Oh and Mellow yellow came out with a cherry mellow yellow like code red mountain dew and we dont have it down in south florida but I saw it at the exxon station in disney

Upvote 0

Becky

Originally posted by Zippa D Doodah
[ since Orlando water is so yucky! It has the weirdest taste

*Erika*

Orlando water tastes just plain nasty to me. :hurl: :hurl: . We bought Brita filtered water bottlles and fill them up constantly at the parks. :brick: [/B][/QUOTE]

Hum, I'll have to look for the brita filtered water bottles and stop spending $2.50 a bottle.
:D

Yucky is a nice word for the taste of the water.:eek:

Now to Mr. Pibb. They used to have it here in Ohio but since people liked it they got rid of it and replaced it with Mr. Beverly:hurl:

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Oh ok.....

I was able to make shirley temples at WDW too...
a little sprite...
a little fruit punch...
:slurp: :slurp:

Thanks for the "PIBB" update...I'll guess we'll keep looking....
I personally am not big on the sodas....I like PIBB,CODE RED, and SPRITE....but I do prefer Pespi over coke...but favor the coke products....

OH ANOTHER QUESTION***

do they have "Clearly Canadian" in FL....:veryconfu

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom