Resort comparison question

bemusing

We are planning our next trip to Walt Disney World in December. Previously I have stayed at Pop Century, All Star Movies and Coronado Springs. Pop was plenty of fun, All Star Movies was a complete nightmare and Coronado Springs was delightful. I had intended to book at Coronado again but noticed that we are traveling in value season, and I can get a room at Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge for $215 a night. I'm very tempted to splurge that tiny bit and experience a deluxe, so my question is to you all who might have stayed in a spectrum of rooms--is the deluxe really that much better of an experience than the moderate? For instance, we decided after staying at CS, we probably wouldn't go value resort again because the little differences made for a significantly better experience--the nicer bus queues, the peacefulness of the resort, the nicer store, the coffee pot (!) etc. So will a deluxe be the same kind of pleasurable increase, or do you think I should just save the extra $65 a night?

Thanks for any advice you may have!

slappy magoo

Thank you everyone for such well thought, kind suggestions! You have managed to sway me to Wilderness lodge and I can't wait! Again, many many thanks!

Not to necessarily sway you back, but bear in mind, you can always opt to split up your vacation stay. Spend your first half/ two-thirds/ five-sevenths whatever you choose at the WL, then maybe your last night or two or three movie to a Savannah view at AKL. WDW has luggage service that'll take yor bags from one resort to the other, all you gotta do is make sure you pack.

Some people love to split up their stays, others can't be bothered moving once they're there. But it IS an option for you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom