Resort choice help

Schweino

Original Poster
Hey all! This Nebraska cold we got slammed with recently (and my wife getting a bonus) has made us want to get back to Orlando. We are looking for an off-site hotel and here are some 'wants':

1. Free Breakfast (biscuits and gravy?! Pancakes and eggs!)
2. Spa - my wife would love to get a mani/pedi/massage (which I am not sure is happening with Covid?)
3. Hot tub.
4. Maybe a more fun pool? Something with a slide.
5. A game room - something with like air hockey, some random video games, and massage chairs (like the arcade at Pop - that was perfect for me!). If open.

There are so. many. hotels. I've found it overwhelming to even start looking. Hotwire seems to have a lot of great rates with airfare included (flying from Omaha ain't the cheapest sometimes), so hoping for experienced guidance on what hotels you would pick. Budget I would say we want to stay on the lower/moderate side so we can do 1-2 days at Universal and Discovery cove.

TIA all!

hsisthebest

We've used mousesaver.com, they have a good (and updated) list of offsite hotels. Personally I'd recommend Buena Vista Suites- we've stayed at its connecting resort "Caribe Royale." Between the 2, they have a great pool, nice restaurants, a spa, and Buena Vista has free breakfasts. The drive to the parks could not be any easier, just turn right out of the parking lot and World Drive is 2 minutes up the road. It's about a 5 minute drive to Epcot and Hollywood, 10 to the ticket center for Magic, and 10-15 minutes to Animal Kingdom.

TamaraQT

I personally prefer timeshare resorts instead of standard hotels so that is what I have a tendency to recommend. However, I do agree Buena Vista Suites is a good choice but I find their pool is very small. I haven't stayed at their sister property Caribe Royale next door, but I think Caribe Royale pool is larger. I also think the amenities at Caribe Royale are a little better. Another suggestion is YouTube. Watch a few YouTube videos that other guests posts to see the hotel grounds and rooms to give you a better idea. Personally, I watch YouTube almost daily at posts of Orlando hotels, restaurants, theme parks, you name it. I haven't been able to get back to Orlando in 2 years. So I use YouTube when I need a quick online visit to my favorite place.

Schweino

Original Poster
Hey all! Thanks for the posts. We actually had a change of heart and going to do Destin on May 14th for our first anniversary trip :) She really wants to do all those (expensive) animal encounters at the Gulfarium and it would be nice to have a relaxing trip. We nixed Orlando because we hope to be back either later this year or early next year to do a Universal visit since she has never been. If I had my way, it would be in November of this year with no masks needed but we'll see what happens!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom