Resort Booking Question?

slowbee

Has anyone know if you have a better chance of getting a resort that is sold out calling the Resort directly vs. going thru the Disney Travel number?

I'm trying to change to a Deluxe (Monorail) resort during my stay in December and can't get into any of the three.

wannabeBelle

slowbee said:
Has anyone know if you have a better chance of getting a resort that is sold out calling the Resort directly vs. going thru the Disney Travel number?

I'm trying to change to a Deluxe (Monorail) resort during my stay in December and can't get into any of the three.
Absolutely not. The resorts do not handle reservations at all and will simply transfer you back to the 1-407-W DISNEY number. Belle

Upvote 0

slowbee

Original Poster
I've been calling in for the last two months (made reservation in August)... None of the Monorail resorts have been. They keep suggesting to call back because of cancellations...

Upvote 0

soccer9miahamm

One other thing...has anyone booked with the annual pass best rates program on the Internet yet? I am planning a surprise trip and was wondering if the reservations will show up if one of my family members checks the site. Thanks!

Upvote 0

lscott933

did you try booking thru expedia.com. disney set aside room for site like that. it is usually the easy way to get a room for the holiday when they are sold out.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

soccer9miahamm said:
On the subject, what about hotels that show they are booked on the Internet...any chance that you will get different results calling in?
There is always the possibility!!! I would certainly give it a shot. As far as December apparently this year has been a banner year for vacations booked then. In addition the Pop Warner get together ( convention?) is being held the first full week of December as well probably leading to many more hotel rooms being booked at that time.
Hey Mia, The answer is YES!!!! it will show up if someone goes through the effort to check. One of the ways that this can be kept a secret is to go thru Kingdom Konsultants. All of your paperwork would come to us and we would foward it on to you, either at a different address or not at all if that is what you prefer!! PM me if you need more details!!
As far as Expedia, just be careful and read all of the fine print. There are penalties for cancellations etc. Belle

Upvote 0

slowbee

Original Poster
I've already got my reservations booked for CSR (thru Disney) for our trip. I booked it back in August when we decided to come out for the christmas events, but at the time they had no Monorail resort availability....

I've been trying to go thru them to get my resort switched, but it hasn't worked out. I can't go to AA or Expedia without having to fork over more money due to cancellations... If we can't get the upgrade, I guess we'll just have to be content with still being on Disney property and spending time with Mickey Mouse... :D

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I would really suggest giving Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge a try if you want a deluxe. Both have great transportation, though no monorail.

If you want convienent, you also have Boardwalk, Beach Club, and Yacht Club. They're connected by Friendship (boat) to both MGM and Epcot (Epcot's super-special secret entrance!) and from Epcot you can take the monorail to MK.

Upvote 0

bsummer

Good thought good thought! Also with the WL you can take the boat to the Contemporary and get on the monorail! That's what we did when we stayed there. Also on the note of calling resorts..the thing to remember is that they don't even get your reservation until 10 days before you arrive. And the only reservations that a resort can book there is same day walk-in one night only reservations, and you can't get ANY kind of discount actually booking at a resort!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom