Reservations in September

jjlm33

Original Poster
Has anyone had any luck calling for ADR' sfor September? I have been able to make some reservations but not for every restaurant that we wanted. I know things are very booked but has anyone had any luck recently with making researvations. Should I be trying every week to see if cancellations have been made???:animwink:

FINALLY: I called today to get tickets for MNSSHP for the 14th. The person I spoke with asked if I needed to make any dining reservations and I said that I had been trying and have not a lot of luck (we have 5 reservations already but I wanted more). She asked what restaurant I really wanted and I said we would love to have Ohana's for dinner. She opened up the week that we will be there and found a 5:10 dinner seating. Yeah!!!!

Mickey&Minnie

Because free dining was offered earlier, many have booked the restaraunts full. I know that we made our reservations as soon as we booked our trip. I would continue to try, hoping for a cancellation. We did recently book a breakfast reservation for 1900 Park Fare and there were many openings. As far as more popular restaraunts go, I hope you get what you want, but it may difficult.

pinkrose

You may want to go ahead and see about booking some second and third choices, then keep calling back to check for cancellations on those you weren't able to get.

disneytopdog

I gave up calling to change my ADR's for Sept 16-22. The operator told me to check back when you get to the 45 day mark before your trip. Thats when people who were on the fence about going cancel there reservations and hopefully they cancel there ADRS

ThinkTink721

Has anyone had any luck calling for ADR' sfor September? I have been able to make some reservations but not for every restaurant that we wanted. I know things are very booked but has anyone had any luck recently with making researvations. Should I be trying every week to see if cancellations have been made???:animwink:
Yes, but we made our ADRs for our Sept. trip in April.
Keep checking to see if something that you want to book becomes available.
:wave:

LoriMistress

Did you call at exactly 180 days to make your ADRs? If you're not calling on the 180 day mark--than most likely you won't be able to get the dining selection that you want. Most people have caught on with the fact that September gives away free dining. So there's more crowds and less chances of eating at the restaurants you want.

The only suggestion I could make is if you don't have a ADR, arrive first thing to the restaurant you want and ask if they have any availablity. If they don't you can have them search which restaurants DO have availability and can put you in the the system to book your ADR there. That's a tip I learned from Skipper Ben.

Microcell

That is a great tip Lori!! Gonna keep that one in the ole memory banks! Of course I booked at 180+10 but if we change our minds in the parks I will do that!

ThinkTink721

Just keep trying...call every day if you can! :D :wave:

kubfish

posted here about a month ago, first familiy trip to DW everyone helped with places to eat.

I would say, most places were full, we called and kept calling and up until last week we pretty much got what we wanted. 3 CD's in 7 days and some various other places.

A tip when my wife called, we had backups x3 based on menu. So maybe option 1 is not there but opt 2 or 3 may be.

awitelin

I think it's really strange that folks are having so much trouble getting dining reservations - I made mine for my week-long trip (starts Labor Day) very late, only about two weeks ago now. I had no trouble getting tables at any restaurant on the days we wanted, except Boma - which, after a little schedule-jostling, managed to even get an ADR there too! Sorry you've had so much trouble - maybe you're picking more popular restaurants than me.:shrug:

WEDisney

I was able to get every reservation I needed with the exception of Le Cellier. I am not on the dining plan and each reservation was 5-10 minutes off of the time I had wanted. The beginning of the trip was 6 people but the rest of the trip were a table for 2.

Remember there are only a certain number of reservations for the dining plans (including the free one). This however does make it harder for people not on the plan to get a reservation because the tables set aside for non DDP guests fill up very fast. I have found that calling 3-4 days before you go can get some great results. I wanted the Cinderella Breakfast last trip and nothing was available for months out but I got them 3 days before we left. Also try calling from your resort when you get there. I have never been turned down when calling from my resort room.

Dagger

I think it's really strange that folks are having so much trouble getting dining reservations - I made mine for my week-long trip (starts Labor Day) very late, only about two weeks ago now. I had no trouble getting tables at any restaurant on the days we wanted, except Boma - which, after a little schedule-jostling, managed to even get an ADR there too! Sorry you've had so much trouble - maybe you're picking more popular restaurants than me.:shrug:

I think it has does have to do with restaurant choices, but also the times you're willing to take and party size. Last night I was able to get a reso for our party of 8 at Kona and there was actually 2 to choose from. We are thinking of replacing our 'Ohana with Kona. I'm sure you'd be less likely to find a 7PM pt. of 8 at 'Ohana but not impossible because people do cancel/change their minds (like us!) :shrug:

jjlm33

Original Poster
Finally...

I called today to get tickets for MNSSHP for the 14th. The person I spoke with asked if I needed to make any dining reservations and I said that I had been trying and have not a lot of luck (we have 5 reservations already but I wanted more). She asked what restaurant I really wanted and I said we would love to have Ohana's for dinner. She opened up the week that we will be there and found a 5:10 dinner seating. Yeah!!!!:sohappy:

Jimmy Thick

OK, here is the secret for getting any ADR you want.

What I do, I don't waste my time with calling the ADR line, I have a great connection inside the mouse, my personal concierge from the Contemporary Resort.

See, when I stay at Disney, I almost always stay at the Contemporary at concierge level, and have been lucky with meeting one of the best concierge's ever employed anywhere. This person, goes well out of their way to make my vacations magical. I just call this person up, a private number from the hotel, and tell them my wants and needs and just like that, magic.

Disney at its best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom