Reservation Question

inafog

Just booked a trip for early January using Passholder Best Rate program. There is only about a 60% chance that my husband will be going; if he bows out, my mother will probably come in his place. When I booked the reservation online I had to put in my husband's name. If he doesn't come, can I change his name to my mother's? Will there be some kind of penalty for changing people?

PigletIsMyCat

Different kind of reservation question...

I don't have a question about AP stuff, but general run of the mill stuff. I am leaving for WDW in a week :sohappy: and am wondering what I have to call to confirm: UG 2006 says you should call DRC to confirm arrival date/departure date, room requests, etc. Also says you should call the resort you're staying at and confirm arrival/departure dates, room requests. And call DME and double check everything. And call to double check all ressies.

Is this a bit much, or am I actually missing something?

Upvote 0

Mystic

When my mom and I go we don't usually call to confirm everything days before we go but we DO take ALL our reservation numbers with us. This includes the reservation sheet sent by DCR, plus all the priority seating ressie numbers I got, plus our tour ressie number and our dinner show ressie number. In 2003 when we checked in they couldn't find a record of our Hoop-Dee-Doo tickets but we had our reservation number with us to prove that we'd booked it and they managed to find it that way. As long as you take ALL your ressie numbers with you, you should be fine.

Upvote 0

Mystic

Absolutely love it. You'll have to bribe me pretty good to get me to stay anywhere else. First words out of my mouth when I stepped into the lobby on my trip down in 2003 were "I feel like I'm home" only to be welcomed home to the Lodge by the CM at check in :D . Can't wait until my next trip down when I get to experience the Lodge in all it's Christmas goodness. :xmas:

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I do exactly what Mystic does, bring all my paperwork and ressie numbers. I don't have time to call to confirm everything and besides if you have the paperwork there is no need. If there are problems, then they have to fix it at the hotel and you might even get an upgrade out of it if it is room related. Don't make yourself crazy, it isn't worth it.

Upvote 0

Mystic

When we went in 2003, they upgraded us from Lodge view to Courtyard view and when we got the bill at the end of our stay they had charged us for Courtyard view. My mom took our copy of the original reservation sheet sent to us by DCR down to guest services and they refunded (paid by credit card) us the difference between the two rooms because the upgrade was their decision not ours.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

inafog said:
...If he doesn't come, can I change his name to my mother's? Will there be some kind of penalty for changing people?

To modify your reservation, simply call 1-407-W-DISNEY (or 1-407-560-PASS either way you will talk to the same set of reservation cast members) to change the name. As long as your total package price does not decrease there will be no change fees. Changing one Adult for another Adult will result in the same total price, so no fees will be added. If you call to drop a name or change an Adult to a child, or make any other change that would lower the total package price, then you would be subject to a $50 change fee.

PigletIsMyCat said:
...I am leaving for WDW in a week and am wondering what I have to call to confirm...

First, verify all your information on your printed confirmation. If everything is correct, there is NO NEED to call to verify. Same goes for DME, check the information printed on your DME travel documents. If all is find, again there is no need to call.

If you want to verify room request that may not be listed on your printed confirmation (some are, some are not, depending on the request) ALWAYS call 1-407-W-DISNEY or your travel agent. The Resort will not have any access to reservation until just a few days prior to your arrival and cannot add to or modify your reservation until the date you are scheduled to check-in. In most cases if you do try to call the Resort directly prior to your scheduled arrival date, the switchboard operator will redirect your call to the Reservation Center anyway.

Lastly if you feel the need to verify your dinning reservations, ALWAYS call 1-407-WDW-DINE. When prompted by the auto-attendant (the computer) be sure to enter the same home phone number you gave us when you originally booked your dining reservations. When you get a cast member, simply ask to verify all your dine reservations under your phone number. We can then do a search by phone number and read them back to you in order by date and time.

Remember, however, you really do not need to call to verify anything if all your printed confirmations are correct.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

inafog

Original Poster
JPVonDrake said:
To modify your reservation, simply call 1-407-W-DISNEY (or 1-407-560-PASS either way you will talk to the same set of reservation cast members) to change the name. As long as your total package price does not decrease there will be no change fees. Changing one Adult for another Adult will result in the same total price, so no fees will be added. If you call to drop a name or change an Adult to a child, or make any other change that would lower the total package price, then you would be subject to a $50 change fee.

Wow--I didn't know there was a difference between adults and children in the room (except that children are smaller, LOL). It'll be a straight change from adult to adult if it happens. Anyway, thanks for your help--right after I booked it I wondered if there was some way I could've booked the second adult as "TBA."

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

To clairify...

All rates at Disney Resorts are based on 2 adults in the room. There is no difference in the room price whether you have 1 or 2 adults in the room. If you add a 3rd adult or more, you will be charged an added adult fee per extra adult. You can include as many children (0-17) as the maximum occupancy will allow, plus have up to 1 infant under the age of 3 years old over the maximum without any additional fees.

The added adult fees are:

$10 per adult at Value Resorts
$15 per adult at Moderate Resorts
$25 per adult at Deluxe Resorts
$2 per adult at Fort Wilderness Campsites
$5 per adult at Fort Wilderness Cabins

There are no added adult fees at Vacation Club Resorts or in select Deluxe Resort Suites.

So in my above example, if you originally booked 3 adults in a Value Resort room, then modified it to 2 adults and 1 child, your total package price would be reduced by the $10 plus tax. If you booked with the Passholder Best Rate Offer, you would then be charged the $50 change fee to make this modification.

...I wondered if there was some way I could've booked the second adult as "TBA."

No, for Homeland Security reasons, we need to have the full name of each guest staying on our property. We would not be able to accept a false name if you book by phone. If you booked online with a guest name as TBA or even John Doe, you will receive a phone call from us as soon as it was discovered.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom