Reservation People Aren't Supplied Pens

jwbeck3

Original Poster
I made reservations today from March 1-8 at Dixie Landings (I don't like to call it POR) The interesting thing though is that the woman who made them said that they have to bring their own pens because they don't have any for them. I thought that that was ridiculous that Disney doesn't supply pens, but maybe she was lying or something I don't know.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by jwbeck3
I made reservations today from March 1-8 at Dixie Landings (I don't like to call it POR) The interesting thing though is that the woman who made them said that they have to bring their own pens because they don't have any for them. I thought that that was ridiculous that Disney doesn't supply pens, but maybe she was lying or something I don't know.

It may explain that when I made my reservations for that resort the only details they got correct was my credit card.

DanStat

A trip to the Mousekeeping cart would fix that! They have the "Walt Disney World Resort" pens for free! :lol:

MickeyTigg

It's getting quite common for companies not to provide stationary supplies....they're apparently tired of buy them for company use and them walking out and to employee homes.

:veryconfu

Monorail Lime

Originally posted by Tigger Boing
It's getting quite common for companies not to provide stationary supplies....they're apparently tired of buy them for company use and them walking out and to employee homes.

:veryconfu

:lookaroun

I left t-base with one of their pens in my pocket at least once a week, usually by accident. None of them ever made it back...

Eljay

Where I work, they buy a big bag of the cheap Bic's & throw away all the caps. Can you believe they still disappear? Who wants a pen with no cap?

RPMdfw

Originally posted by Eljay
Where I work, they buy a big bag of the cheap Bic's & throw away all the caps. Can you believe they still disappear? Who wants a pen with no cap?

Who wants a cheap bic even with the cap? :lol:

orangefan15

I find it absolutely deplorable that they aren't given pens. I mean, its a pen for heaven's sake! Its not like it costs millions of dollars. If they're worried about workers stealing them, then maybe they should give each person a certain number of pens...if you run out of pens (because you're taking them), then its your responsibility to get more.

To not provide an employee with the supplies they need to adequately perform their job is insane.

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by orangefan15
I find it absolutely deplorable that they aren't given pens. I mean, its a pen for heaven's sake! Its not like it costs millions of dollars. If they're worried about workers stealing them, then maybe they should give each person a certain number of pens...if you run out of pens (because you're taking them), then its your responsibility to get more.

To not provide an employee with the supplies they need to adequately perform their job is insane.

Do you really need a pen to enter information in to a computer? After all , that is where the information is supposed to be going and not onto a peice of paper to be lost (I mean entered) later. The person with the pen should be the guest on the other end of the phone taking down information as it is given to them so that the cast member doesnt have to back track through the system a lot.

Also, look at it this way, if the cast member doesn't have a pen then it is several times harder for them to remember your identification and credit card numbers to use as they wish later. Not saying that Disney doesn't do a good job of screening their cast members but I have seen lots of honest people who will become dishonest if the conditions in their life are right. The news tells of these people almost everyday.

Maria

Originally posted by niteobsrvr
Do you really need a pen to enter information in to a computer? After all , that is where the information is supposed to be going and not onto a peice of paper to be lost (I mean entered) later. The person with the pen should be the guest on the other end of the phone taking down information as it is given to them so that the cast member doesnt have to back track through the system a lot.

My thoughts exactly! In theory, they don´t need them. All the info should be on the screen at the moment the guest speaks.

I have my share of "WDW Resorts" pens that I took while I worked there. They work really good I may say.... and it has been already three years!
:animwink:

pepsistar

:lol: Maybe why that is why I was requested to return the pen I had used at check in this time???

I was not to happy about it, after signing a charge is exccess of $800.00 you should be able to keep it! This is usually the first of my souveiners we collect on our trips-- ( and sometimes we did not have one in the room) They used to have different ones for each resort, which made it a nice collectable.

Now they all say Walt Disney World Resort on them. I think?? each hotel has a different color? at least they used to.

Anyway as much $$$ as Disney makes, the employees should not have to worry about a pen mmmmmmmmmmmm? :rolleyes: :D

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by Maria

I have my share of "WDW Resorts" pens that I took while I worked there. They work really good I may say.... and it has been already three years!
:animwink:

Totally off but kinda on

When Guests ask if they can borrow a pen I give them a "WDW Resort" pen and wisper to them that they can't have it b/c it will explode if taken off of disney property...............

I know ALOT of CMS that say that and its the joke in Fantasyland that we always need exploding pens

CAPTAIN HOOK

You certainly dont need pens when entering info into a computer - but the guest usually likes the confirmation written down on a piece of paper to remind them

pepsistar

:) One other thing--- I just remembered! They are not supposed to say your room number out loud-- They are supposed to write down on the map---- Kind of hard to do without a pen LOL What do you think hummmmmm :lookaroun

Yellow Shoes

Apparently this is not all that unusual. I was checking out at Sam's Club recently and the clerk told me that they had to provide their own pens.

She was upset because she had had a favorite pen stolen by a customer. It was ironic because it had a religious message on it--can't remember, but it was "Jesus saves" or something along those lines.

I suppose it is budgetary, but I bought a dozen cheap pens for something like $.89 recently.

leeocean

I don't know about the truth to the "bring your own supplies" thing but I will say that I have gotten some really rude CRO CMs lately.

SirNim

Originally posted by castlecake2.0
Has anybody ever wondered why banks leave their doors unlocked, but then chain the pens to the counters???:brick:

-Ty:king:

:p :brick: :hammer:

Yes... I have...

Honestly!! How much of the budget would be wasted on $0.89 packs of pens?!?!

:confused: :brick:

RPMdfw

Originally posted by pepsistar
:) One other thing--- I just remembered! They are not supposed to say your room number out loud-- They are supposed to write down on the map---- Kind of hard to do without a pen LOL What do you think hummmmmm :lookaroun

It's the front desk agent that checks you in that would write your room number on the map, not the reservations agent that took your phone call months ahead of time. And trust me, as a former front desk clerk myself, you can never have enough pens up there, and they always seem to be disappearing. I got into the habit of hoarding pens when I worked front desk, and now 10 years later, my friends still make fun of me because I've always got at least two in my pocket. (which they're always eager to borrow, I might add)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom