Rumor Reservation Changes?

TP2000

Probably the right time to do it if they were to get rid of reservations, vs having it during the holidays.

Ah, okay. I get it.

This might just be all about the Mickey's Railway ride, and nothing about a new fireworks show, two moat fountains, and a cabochon.

They must think that new ride is going to be a really big deal. But... didn't they already get burned on that with Star Wars Land?

CaptinEO

Ah, okay. I get it.

This might just be all about the Mickey's Railway ride, and nothing about a new fireworks show, two moat fountains, and a cabochon.

They must think that new ride is going to be a really big deal. But... didn't they already get burned on that with Star Wars Land?
I can't see it being that big a deal. All the clone rides as of the last few years leave a big cloud of staleness behind. We're getting a ride Disney World had 3 years ago.

Galaxys Edge was the same land and 2 rides on 2 coasts. The Tron coaster that has taken 5 years to clone from Shanghai isn't going to excite the masses either.

Disney World got the Paris Ratatouille ride last year that was already pretty dated.

I guess at least Avengers Midway Mania and the upcoming Avengers Star Tours will be something unique?

MarvelCharacterNerd

I think they're going to change the reservation system and this has nothing to do with the D100 plans; that's just the excuse to pause right now.

I got a very odd pre-visit survey recently (as opposed to the usual post-visit surveys) that was very strongly focused on reservations, the reservation process, my use of reservations (definitely going/probably going/placeholding) and multiple questions about revenge travel for the time the parks were closed i.e. whether my upcoming visit was to replace one I missed out on when the parks were closed. (That tells me they are worried about lower crowd levels coming up if they think they're at the end of the revenge travelers and that those folks won't return for a few years.)

None of the questions as far as I recall were about whether I liked or wanted reservations, but about how I use them.

I also had more negative options to choose from in questions about how I anticipated my upcoming visit ("less magical", "harder to plan", etc.).

I think they may drop reservations for day tickets to encourage them to come more spontaneously with less planning but keep them for Keyholders. I don't think they can restrict the Keys further mid-contract, but won't be surprised IF Keys stay that they are further modified or penalized or require a 48-72 hour cancellation or some such. Or, if the situation gets dire enough without day ticket holders as inflation continues to impact spending, they can either open up more available reservation dates for current Keyholders or allow new Keys to be purchased.

They've got options. But I think those options are about to change if that survey was any indication.

SuddenStorm

Oh my gosh, you're right. I only skimmed the Parks Blog post and should have read the rest of this sentence...

"While Mickey’s Toontown is slated to reopen for guests in spring 2023, we are pleased to announce that the new Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction will open early as we kick off the Disney100 anniversary celebration on Jan. 27!"

So Toontown won't be open yet, but they're going to set up walls and/or crowd barriers to keep people just going to/from the new ride itself? Why? That sounds like something dreamed up in a comfy conference room that will be a logistical nightmare when attempted in the actual dead-end corner of a theme park.

The mind boggles on how/why these decisions are made. o_O

Logistics aside- isn't that just bad show?

socaljoeyb

Original Poster
I think they're going to change the reservation system and this has nothing to do with the D100 plans; that's just the excuse to pause right now.

I got a very odd pre-visit survey recently (as opposed to the usual post-visit surveys) that was very strongly focused on reservations, the reservation process, my use of reservations (definitely going/probably going/placeholding) and multiple questions about revenge travel for the time the parks were closed i.e. whether my upcoming visit was to replace one I missed out on when the parks were closed. (That tells me they are worried about lower crowd levels coming up if they think they're at the end of the revenge travelers and that those folks won't return for a few years.)

None of the questions as far as I recall were about whether I liked or wanted reservations, but about how I use them.

I also had more negative options to choose from in questions about how I anticipated my upcoming visit ("less magical", "harder to plan", etc.).

I think they may drop reservations for day tickets to encourage them to come more spontaneously with less planning but keep them for Keyholders. I don't think they can restrict the Keys further mid-contract, but won't be surprised IF Keys stay that they are further modified or penalized or require a 48-72 hour cancellation or some such. Or, if the situation gets dire enough without day ticket holders as inflation continues to impact spending, they can either open up more available reservation dates for current Keyholders or allow new Keys to be purchased.

They've got options. But I think those options are about to change if that survey was any indication.
I agree, something is happening.

SoCalDisneyLover

They're going to increase prices, but haven't announced it yet. Since the reservations are tied into ticket purchases, they want to implement the increase before allowing people to purchase tickets now for less than they're going to be after 1/7.

SoCalDisneyLover

Logistics aside- isn't that just bad show?
Besides the fact they want to raise ticket prices, and opening the new ride makes that all but a certainty, they also want to shut down Splash Mountain, and will need a ride to take over the capacity loss from losing a people eater like Splash.

Ryan120420

They have a price increase planned. That's why they are not allowing reservations past 1/8. I also think they are about to introduce tiered pricing multi-day tickets.

The way that Disney has set up the ticket purchase and reservation system is very misleading. They know very few people will purchase a ticket without getting a reservation for the date they are actually going to the park. They also know most people don't read the fine print on the ticket site. I bet most people don't realize that if you purchase and reserve a date for a ticket and fail to go to the park, the ticket remains valid for use through 12/30/2023 for single day tickets and 1/12/2024 for multi-day tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom