Requesting too much for Pop?

007mickey

We have made our reservations for our trip in May and currently are booked at Pop Century (standard view). I have stayed previously at two All-Star resorts, Port Orleans French Qtr, Port Orleans Riverside and Animal Kingdom Lodge. I have in the past made minor requests and sometimes not at all. I was wondering when is a request(s) too much. I would like to stay on a 3rd or 4th floor and not face a pool for noise reasons, I would also like to be near the food court/bus stop. The easy answer is probably pay for the prefered room and it might come to that but I was wondering if there is any chance of getting a room in say buildings 6, 9 or 10 that is facing Classic Hall that doesn't come under a prefered room location? I have heard prefered room locations are in bldgs 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 10 but I have no idea if that is correct. I may be just wasting my time but I knew I could an answer here. Thanks for the help as always.

Tinkrbell

If you don't mind me asking Tinkrbell, did you ask when checking in to the Pop or when you made your reservation? I LOVE the 80's - 90's section and would kill to get the same room area we had our last trip (90's building facing the rubik's cube staircase and the computer pool - first floor). A short jaunt through the parking lot and we were at the bus stops and it really helped my mother-in-law as she can't climb stairs very well because of bad knees. I was hoping to ask for a first floor room in the 80's or 90's building facing the pool, but didn't know if that would be pushing it or not :shrug:
We made the request when we made the reservation. We asked again when we were checking in & the cm checking us in said that our request was showing up on her computer screen & we would be able to have a room in the 80s section like we wanted. She then gave a pin for my birthday because we told them that when we made the reservation, too.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

We made the request when we made the reservation. We asked again when we were checking in & the cm checking us in said that our request was showing up on her computer screen & we would be able to have a room in the 80s section like we wanted. She then gave a pin for my birthday because we told them that when we made the reservation, too.

Good to know, thanks!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

I didn't read through all the replies, but, after speaking with friends in the hotel industry, they recommend making only your MOST IMPORTANT request first, as they can usually grant at least that one most of the time.

When people start clouding the issue with numerous requests, the resort clerks are more likely to not even try to get them for the customer, because the customer will not be happy with the results anyway - even if they are able to grant 3-4 of the 5 requests they made!

They can't win, and therefore the customer wont either.

That's why there are basic descriptions of the rooms for a resort, with no promises to guarantee special desires.

Just book your room with a single request, hope they can do it, and whether or not it is granted, ENJOY YOUR TRIP!

:wave:

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

We have made our reservations for our trip in May and currently are booked at Pop Century (standard view). I have stayed previously at two All-Star resorts, Port Orleans French Qtr, Port Orleans Riverside and Animal Kingdom Lodge. I have in the past made minor requests and sometimes not at all. I was wondering when is a request(s) too much. I would like to stay on a 3rd or 4th floor and not face a pool for noise reasons, I would also like to be near the food court/bus stop. The easy answer is probably pay for the prefered room and it might come to that but I was wondering if there is any chance of getting a room in say buildings 6, 9 or 10 that is facing Classic Hall that doesn't come under a prefered room location? I have heard prefered room locations are in bldgs 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 10 but I have no idea if that is correct. I may be just wasting my time but I knew I could an answer here. Thanks for the help as always.
We stayed at Pop last Sept.
We requested adjoining, bottom floor rooms near the pool & we got them.
I would not pay extra for the preferred rooms.
All of the rooms at Pop are w/in decent walking distance of the lobby & food court.
I believe most of the preferred rooms are located in the 60's & 70's sections.
:wave:

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I have a quick question, I am planning on staying at Pop in December. I would like to request a room in the 60's building where Baloo is. Does anyone know what building # that is? As far as location goes for that building, is it pretty close to everything? Appreciate your help.

Upvote 0

007mickey

Original Poster
I have a quick question, I am planning on staying at Pop in December. I would like to request a room in the 60's building where Baloo is. Does anyone know what building # that is? As far as location goes for that building, is it pretty close to everything? Appreciate your help.

The 60's are buildings 4 & 5, I don't know which has Baloo though. And yes they are very close to everything (most centrally located). I do know that most if not all of the 60's will be considered a "preferred" room location with the slight increase ($10-$15) more per night.

Upvote 0

lac628

Luckily Pop is a fairly small resort compared to the others, so no matter where you are, the walk isn't too bad. We were told by a CM that they assign rooms 3 days prior to arrival, so if you call 3 day before your arrival, you can request where you want to be and chances are better(not guarateeed). You do have to know what building you want, they won't be able to tell you which is closest.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

Luckily Pop is a fairly small resort compared to the others, so no matter where you are, the walk isn't too bad. We were told by a CM that they assign rooms 3 days prior to arrival, so if you call 3 day before your arrival, you can request where you want to be and chances are better(not guarateeed). You do have to know what building you want, they won't be able to tell you which is closest.

You should be aware that you can no longer call to make special requests like you used to be able to do. You must call the reservation center and have them enter your requests into the computer system data base. It's the only way. Here is some useful advice from JPVonDrake who works at the reservation center, and therefore is in-the-know about these things.

Let me be of some help...

We have been instructed at the Reservation Center that ALL of the Disney Resort Hotels will no longer accept or consider any room request faxed or mailed to them. If you try to call the resort directly before you check-in, the switchboard is instructed to redirect your call to the reservation center, not the front desk.

The best time to make requests for specific rooms, buildings, bedding, ground-floor, connecting rooms, etc. is when you first book the reservation or as early as possible after your reservation is made. Please note, we at the reservation center have a VERY limited space to enter in room request, so please limit your requests.

When you call to make any modifications, please have the reservation agent verify any requests you have previously made are still there. Due to system challenges, the accommodations comment box on a reservation may clear when a modification is confirmed, erasing any requests that were noted. To ensure they are correctly re-entered, please ask us to read back to you what is there.

The resort room coordinators will do their best to honor as many request as possible, but will factor in the number of request made. For example if you have 10 different request and another guest made 1 or 2 requests, you may get some of the 10 honored, and the other guest may get all of their request honored. Although the Resort may start pre-assigning rooms up to 2-3 days prior to your arrival, your room assignment is never finalized or guaranteed until you have arrived and are checked-in to your resort. No one at DRC or the Resort itself will be able to disclosed what (if any) pre-assignments have been made, so please don't ask.

Please try to be general in your request avoiding requests for specific room numbers. If you simply request room 1004 (because you know it is the closest to the bus stop) and it is not available, the resort does not know how to honor it. If you simply request a room close to transportation, and room 1004 is not available, the resort may assign you room 1003 or 1005, honoring the general request you made. Also, bedding options are continuously being reviewed so the number and location of select bedding (i.e. king beds) may change at any time. Just because room 1234 had a king bed last year does not mean it still has a king bed this year.

Be sure to ask your reservation agent to verify if your request is even possible. For example, if you are booked in 2 standard (parking) view rooms at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, and you want connecting rooms, it cannot be honored, as there are no connecting standard view rooms at the Lodge. Many rooms now also have limited bedding configurations. Request for king beds, or bunk beds may not be possible because there are none in the room category you are booked in.

Also please keep in mind, rooms such as the Preferred Rooms at the Value Resorts are charged a preferred priced because they are the closest to the main building with the Food Court, Bus Stop, Front Desk, etc. Please do not request to be near these locations if you are booked in a standard room. These type of request can not be honored or even considered as it is essentially asking for a free upgrade.

Finally, remember nothing will guarantee you get your requests; that really will always depend on what rooms are scheduled to be vacant on the date you check-in. Often there are only a few rooms in your room category for the room coordinators or front desk Cast to choose from.

I hope this helps!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom