Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

21stamps

Holy cow.. so many pages since this morning.
Just read a few of them..

As someone who anxiously awaited and tried to figure out what was in a stupid shed..for about 9 months.. I can understand excitement.
But the panic, guesses, freaking out, excitement.. is all kind of cracking me up.lol
I did enjoy @Tony the Tigger 's idea though. I would like something like that.

rreading

What changed recently that they want to invest so much in the American parks? Is it due to capacity issues or a realization that they neglected the American parks for too long?

They've been spending a lot of money, just not predominantly on WDW rides; there was the huge outlay for MDE/FP+, for what it was worth around the same time they were spending a huge sum for the DCA overhaul out west while they made the Fantasyland expansion (again, for what it was worth); then the huge sum for Shanghai, followed by Pandora. Now it's time to throw a few billions at improving the rides at WDW.

And again, ymmv, but we also have a new Soarin' (I prefer the original), Africa expansion at AK, and the overhaul of Norway (which was certainly expensive as well).

So it's not like they've been completely ignoring WDW

wishiwere@wdw

You're the only person who's come up this nugget. Why do you think you have this info but none of the other insiders do?
All I can say is a substantial refurbishment was put on hold a few years back due to massive capacity constraints (my opinion is it was more $$$ related!). It was thought once new FL came online that things could proceed. Well... that didn't happen as the crowds picked up. I suspect this much is common knowledge around here as a space refurb has been discussed plenty? Whether or not there is 100% truth to the various reasons it was put on hold is beyond me. I'm simply restating what I was told and I trust this person and have no reason to doubt them. That being said, I have not been told anything specific to Space going down for refurb after Tron is online but rather how interesting not only the timing is but also the location.

Like most in these situations, I can't dive into it much further without bluntly calling out those involved so we'll just have to see how it pans out. And no, I'm not an insider nor do I pretend to be or have insight to anything else going on. Just this particular situation.

Castle Cake Apologist

I'm hungry. 220.

Let's see what's read into that!

Hmm... hunger clearly references eating and 220 years ago would have been 1797.

Colonial American themed restaurant coming to Tomorrowland and will be announced at D23. #Confirmed

Wait, wait, wait. I've had more time to think about this most cryptic of clues.

Hunger is felt in the stomach, which is part of the human body.
Animals also experience hunger
2+2+0 = 4.
220 is also a number, which can be used to measure MPH in a car.

Sooo.....

An attraction about the four seasons is coming to Future World in the former Wonders of Life plot, while Wonders of Life will be revamped and completely uprooted and moved to Tomorrowland in the former Speedway plot. In the meantime, the Speedway will be upgraded to travel at 220mph and then will be moved to DAK to replace Conservation Station (themed, of course, to the completely-thematically-appropriate-to-DAK Zootopia IP). Meanwhile, DHS will still be a disjointed mess with no real identity.

Am I warm?

I'm sure we'll see a DSNY Youtube video about these #CONFIRMED plans soon.

Captain Neo

They've been spending a lot of money, just not predominantly on WDW rides; there was the huge outlay for MDE/FP+, for what it was worth around the same time they were spending a huge sum for the DCA overhaul out west while they made the Fantasyland expansion (again, for what it was worth); then the huge sum for Shanghai, followed by Pandora. Now it's time to throw a few billions at improving the rides at WDW.

And again, ymmv, but we also have a new Soarin' (I prefer the original), Africa expansion at AK, and the overhaul of Norway (which was certainly expensive as well).

So it's not like they've been completely ignoring WDW

You might as well throw in the new footage on Star tours as an "investment". Norway, Soarin and Harambe expansion are not adding capacity to the parks and are not substantial capital expenditures in any way shape or form.

TeriofTerror

Isn't that site banned BECAUSE its a rumor mongering website? Literally the only reason this rumor has a shred of legitimacy in my eyes is because Martin is vouching for it.
Technically, @marni1971 corrected it.
And as I've stated before, In Martin We Trust. TC? Not even a little bit.
ETA: And the number of sites that consider a source and repeat whatever is posted there?! Holy guacamole, what is wrong with these people?!?!

yeti

I could always wait five days for this, but is this expected to be a direct clone of the Shanghai coaster?

Captain Neo

Im told that space mountain is confirmed getting bulldozed to make way for Hyperspace Mountain.

Can any other insiders confirm??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom