Replace Ariel's Grotto with Mr. Toad?

Replace Ariel's Grotto with Mr. Toad?

• Yes! Yank that stupid Ariel's Grotto out of there.

Votes: 44 71.0%
  • No! They need to keep Ariel and friends there for the kiddies.

Votes: 18 29.0%

• Total voters

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
The waterfalls are mor likely than building underwater, and I don't think a lagoon extension will work either. But I just want there to be a villian land!!!

I would like Mr.Toad back but a Villian Land would be cool.

NADisney

An "Atlantis" attraction would be nice , but I envision that to be at AK : with an exotic aquarium , a 'Leviathan" coaster, and a Dumbo-style Atlanthain vehicles.

As for my idea about the "Alice in Wonderland" attraction ,there is none at WDW's MK.There is a "Mad Tea Party " attraction based on a scene from the film.

A Disney Villians attraction is already in the works ,but it's heading to the Disney-MGM Studios.But I do wish they get a "Roger Rabbit Car-Toon Spin " at the Studio's.:brick:

Brett

I've always been a big fan of Mr. Toad, but the only way I wanna see it back is if it goes back home. That means No Pooh! But I really don't see it ever coming back and have accepted that, unlike most people on here.

As for Ariel's Grotto, I'm all for Disney taking there time with this one. Unlike most things they are doing at WDW, I want this ride to be perfect. No rushing just to get a ride there...

Tarzan266

Yeah but guys, Ariel's Grotto is a popular location, it is not like no body is going to it. I was thinking maybe they could add another Little Mermaid-type attraction/ride to compiliment Ariel's Grotto. I don't think they should put Mr. Toad there though.

Terp02

Originally posted by NADisney
An "Atlantis" attraction would be nice , but I envision that to be at AK : with an exotic aquarium , a 'Leviathan" coaster, and a Dumbo-style Atlanthain vehicles.

YES!!!! They should definitely put an atlantis ride there...........
but on the other hand I think if they did make an atlantis ride, it'd probably be better as a Simulator ride, not a slow moving track ride with fake looking animals (though there's already an atlantis 3D simulator ride in Vegas at Caesar's Palace). Though what would totally be awesome would be if they put a monster coaster based on the movie with loops and corkscrews, etc. around there and have a portion go under water in like a see through tunnel like to simulate when they were underwater and such and then go up a giant hill and then going into all of the cool stuff to represent the last scene. Now that would be perfect. :sohappy:

-Josh

NADisney

Universal Orlando has a spectaculer 3D-simulator attraction based on "Spiderman" .Disney could use the same concept for "Atlantis", "Disney Villians' Revenge" ,or a new "20,000 Leagues" attraction's.

They could use the tecnoligy for "The Great Movie Ride" also.

Besides ..Disney World has to many mountains already in the MK.

:veryconfu

NowInc

The rumored "Atlantis" ride would have happened if the movie did better...it was slated to go into the 20k lagoon..it would have been another sub-type ride.. (bad idea in my opinion)...at least thats what "rumors" were saying a while ago....

I dunno, I really dont see them touching the lagoon any time soon...if they havnt done it yet...and they seem to have plans for "other" sections of the MK....

Belle13

I like the idea of Villainland with the entrance being the cave of Aerial's Grotto. They could move Ariel to Toontown and expand that a little bit, as well.

As for Mr Toad, as much as I would LOVE that ride to come back, I think we are whistling in the wind. Poor Mr Toad...may he rest in peace!

meeko_33785

I would love to see something done wih the Lagoon, but I'm not fond of either the Villain Land, Atlantis, or Mr. Toad ideas. I think an attrction based on the Little Mermaid would be a great addition to the area, or a Storybookland-style attraction would be great as well.

NADisney

I have no problems with the "Grotto" , it just needs more then dancing water and an Ariel photo spot. Now if they could relocate it to Toontown ,add the "Voyage of the Little Mermaid" and an attraction based on Ursula , a sea-coaster , and move the train station between the "Grotto" and "Tommorrowland " and develop that to look something from "20,000 Leagues". that would be cool.

Tokyo DisneySeas has "Mermaid Lagoon " with similar attractions ,and more.

XtremeEC2

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Sure, it's probably dead in DW, but as far as I know it's still in Disneyland. I've ridden it a few times the 5 times i was down there and it's always a stop in Fantasyland. I think that it would be cool to see that ride back again in WDW.

DigitalDisney

Ideally, a Little Mermaid water coaster would be in the 20K lagoon. Another option is the 20K Leagues walkthrough attraction at DLP, or some kind of water-based show with fountains and music and all that jazz (King Triton's Water Symphony?)

FYI, a water coaster is a hybrid ride that combines a log flume / boat ride with a roller coaster. Like Splash Mountain, but slightly more advanced.

WDWsmith2001

This ride has been rumored to be just about any and everything under the sun since it was shut down. Itjust makes too much sense to tie into "The Little Mermaid" its one of Disney's better and animated films; plus it's had staying power in the imaginations of children and adults for years now. You can't say that for "Pocahontas" or "Mulan", so making a ride based on it would not look dated in the near future. I say let's get on with it; knock down the grotto, fill in the lagoon (although I really loved 20K) and lets build a new classic. If we can't have 20K back, then it's time to move on.

tinkrbel

I couldnt vote on this ..because I think Ariel's grotto is ok .. and it would be ok by me if they put in Mr. Toads too .. as for the 20k .. I guess it might be too expensive ..but I would love to see a ride from Atlantis put in there

Mr. Toad

The grotto can go but as much as I loved Mr. Toad's, I agree that they should probably go with a new attraction. Little Mermaid would be a good theme. Beauty and the Beast would also be good for Fantasyland but the whole lagoon area would have to redone to have the right theme.

Or they could just do an updated 20K :animwink: .

ToTBellHop

I certainly would not miss the Grotto, but I also certainly don't want Toad to be replaced either...I pushed for its removal for YEARS (writing letters and such) and when they finally decided to build Pooh...I was enthralled. I say build a new attraction. I can only take so many Fantasyland Dark Rides...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom