Replace Ariel's Grotto with Mr. Toad?

Replace Ariel's Grotto with Mr. Toad?

• Yes! Yank that stupid Ariel's Grotto out of there.

Votes: 44 71.0%
  • No! They need to keep Ariel and friends there for the kiddies.

Votes: 18 29.0%

• Total voters

MKCustodial

Yes, Toad should be back. But in Toad Hall, not anywhere else. I'd get rid of the bear without thinking twice...

Now, the Grotto actually works. You guys have to stop and think a bit. Fantasyland is no place for E-rides simply because the tots that wander around there wouldn't be able to enter an E-ride. On the other hand, they're thrilled by the idea of getting wet (dancing water) and meeting a character, specially Ariel.
If I had to guess, poorly accepted or not, the ride that'd best fit there is an Atlantis ride.

Mr. Toad

Actually, 20K was an E Ticket Ride that I believe anyone could ride. I also believe that technically It's A Small World was an E ticket ride back when they had tickets. I don't think it would have that status anymore if they still had tickets.

bearboysnc

Maybe they can dismantle Primevil Whirl at AK, and plop it on top of the grotto, and then bolt the old Mr Toad flats to the beams.

The discussion forum is SO bitter about Disney using cheap "off-the-shelf" carny rides,and theming it with cheap card board cutouts.

Kill 2 birds with one stone!

Then it would be a cheap carny ride with historical signifcance!

MUCH BETTER!

:brick:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I can think of two good reasons to go and visit Aerial, but thats another story. 2o k was closed before my first visit so i have no attachment to it I think that the space has layen dorment for so long is something Disney should be ashamed of. If 20 k took up so much space and the building is now Pete Tong then surely the area is ripe for redovelopment with a premium coaster style ride, OR, a sim ride and a couple more smaller attractions.
The Bear buy tyhe way kicks the Toads chuddy!!

njchris65

I could have sworn I read somewhere that they couldn't empty out that place because it would cause some instability with the land. I'm missing a lot of details, but I remember SOMETHING like this.

Of course, it could have been a dream.

JoniTink

Speaking as a mom here......I think they should leave the grotto and add something more to it........we were there in June 2001 and my daughter loved the Ariel.......but I think the main thing a bunch of you are forgetting is that we are talking about FantasyLand.......do you really think a big, height restricted, roller coaster is the answer?? I don't......there's a TON of smaller children that spend most of their MK time in FantasyLand.......I just personally think that a coatser would seem a bit odd there......but I do agree they should do something with the lagoon......but FantasyLand is mostly about kids.....so don't take another attraction away from them!!!!! :)

ToTBellHop

coasters don't belong in Fantasyland...I would like something novel to come in...kinda like Indy minus the thrill factor. The ride would begin with you coming to an intersection featuring three themed doors. Each would lead to a ride about a different disney film. I would like to see...101 Dalmations, Robin Hood, and The Little Mermaid. You wouldn't know which you were going to visit, as it would be random. This would allow each area to have special effects that wouldn't interfere with other Guests' adventures (there would be a pretty large interval b/t one car entering and the next).

Cindy Rella

I miss the toad too but,

Visiting Arielwas one of the highlights for my daughter on our last visit, she was so nice and took time to talk to my daughter for several minutes. My husband also seemed to like visiting Ariel...:rolleyes: so be nice and keep her!

Do add SOMETHING in the lagoon - Why not an Atlantis ride? seems logical. I could also go for an updated 20,000 leagues

figmentmom

Welcome, Massfan; I'm relatively new myself, but this is a great place to talk about one of my favorite subjects in the world (WDW, of course)!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom