REnting a car question

pixie1115

Original Poster
Ok, we are planning to go to disney in October. We want to drive to Cocoa Beach (or some beach) for a day, also want to go to Discovery Cove one day and Sea World one day. Would we be better off just renting a car for the week that we are there or by the day for the days we want to drive off property. Or just for the day we want to go to the beach? We have a one year old and I have heard that taking the buses and such with her might be a pain!? Also can you rent cars at Disney? How is the pricing? Would we be better renting from the airport?

Camille59

Ok, we are planning to go to disney in October. We want to drive to Cocoa Beach (or some beach) for a day, also want to go to Discovery Cove one day and Sea World one day. Would we be better off just renting a car for the week that we are there or by the day for the days we want to drive off property. Or just for the day we want to go to the beach? We have a one year old and I have heard that taking the buses and such with her might be a pain!? Also can you rent cars at Disney? How is the pricing? Would we be better renting from the airport?

If you are staying with us on the property, our Disney bus system is pretty reliable & free. If you know your way around Disney, it is easier to drive a car. Disney does have an "official" car rental program. They are located at the Car Care center near Magic Kingdom. Check with your travel agent if you are using one. I believe it is with National or Alamo. Renting a car will give you more freedom to travel around the area. I presume you will be bringing a car seat with you. Off property buses are limiting. Consider checking around online. It may indeed cost less to rent from the airport than through Disney.

amontpet

Check out http://www.mousesavers.com/rentalcar.html#tipstricks. They give lots of advice on renting a car or not. They also list several discount codes for several Car Rental Companies. We have used them several times. It can take quite a bit of time to check several different websites with different codes but it is worth it! Also consider checking in your carseat in with your luggage. It usually counts as 1 bag when you check in. Carseats are very expensive to rent with the car.

ErickainPA

I have rented from the Car Care Center, the rental company is National/Alamo, and as posted above check that site out for discounts. They will pick you up at your resort and take you to the CCC and then you get your car and go as you desire.

We rented the car the day before we were heading out for a week stay in Cocoa Beach, for us we just took it back to the airport.

Was actually cheaper to rent from the CCC then airport.

About a week or days, you would need a car for what like 2-3 days most likely. Check the price for a week rental (usually cheaper in the long run) and also for an individual day, unless you are going to hit the other places right after each other over several days, then put in that many days.

CAPTAIN HOOK

No point in renting for a week if you're not going to need a car for the week. Likewise, you'll pay more renting for three seperate days. Sort out if its going to be cheaper to rent a car for one day (beach) and use an alternative method to visit SeaWorld and Discovery Cove OR is it cheaper to visit the three places on consecutive days and rent a car for all three

H20Babie

Rent a car for the beach day, and check out Quicksilver (WDWMagic sponsor) and Mears for shuttle service to Sea World and Discovery Cove.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom