Rental Car or Shuttle???

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
Next april i will be in WDW for 10 nights/11 days and I am staying at ALL STAR SPORTS. I will be renting a car however for 2 days to go to Universal. Anyone know if I should stick with a shuttle transport or rent a car? Where should I get it from prices, quality, etc. There will only be 2 of us so I only need a small car. Thanks! :wave:

shoppingnut

During the 50th Celebration there will be complimentary bus service from MCO airport to the Disney Resorts. It is called Disney's Magical Express, it starts May '05 through December '06, so you will be able to use it in April '06. You need to make the reservation through disney and if you do a search on this forum, I'm sure you will come up with several threads discussing it.

Renting a car -- I understand that you can arrange to rent a car and it is either delivered to the resort or they come and pick you up and take you to the rental office. I'd call Disney and ask about doing this, because I believe they have a particular vendor they recommend.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Alamo is on site at the Car Care Center. Dollar, Hertz, and Avis are located on WDW, I believe at some of the non Disney resorts. And enterprise... they'll pick you up ;)

righttrack

crazycalf said:
The one year I went to universal, I took mears and it was horrible.

If you can afford it, rent a car.

The break point for car rental is 3.75. If you are more than 3, car rental (with advanced online reservation) costs less than the shuttle. I reccomend L&M which is cheapest with no line, or Dollar, about $5 more expensive than L&M, but they have a line.

vb4hire

xodisneybelleox said:
... if I should stick with a shuttle transport or rent a car? Where should I get it from prices, quality, etc.

I am taking shuttle into Pop Century (via magical express), but like you I wanted a car to get around to universal, others... just "winging it" for this trip.

Alamo is official car rental agency.
Price: $130 for the entire week. Alamo will pick you up at your hotel and take you over to the magic kingom transportation center.

I thought $130 was good for me (family of 4). I really only need a few days also, but a few days of shuttle to Universal would have been more... now I have flexibility to drive whereever, whenever... if the disney buses to parks are a pain.. .I can drive.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I only use Quick Silver for my Disney trips and I will use then especially now after I saw the problems that are happening with the new magical express. They are getting flight times wrong, arrival dates and departures wrong, no documents for people, having people not even in their system....there is a laundry list of problems.
I never rent a car, why spend the money when you stay on property and can take advantage of the Disney transportation system.

Pam

SimonLee5282

If I did not live so close to orlando (4hrs) and flew in, it would depend on how much disney I wanted.

In orlando there are numerous dinner shows, many small atractions worth visiting, and universal's two wonderfully put together parks. Wet-n-wild is the greatest water park, in my humble opinion. There is a lot in orlando you would be missing out in. Then you have Busch Gardens in Tampa, and Ybor in St. Pete.

Who can go to Florida and not visit the beach. Coco beach and Melbourne Beach are awesome on the east (atlantic). St. Pete beach is wonderful, and so is Clearwater on the West (gulf). Then you have some awesome state parks in the aera. You can go swimming is crystal clear springs, a cool 72 degrees. There is just so much. All of this is within 90 minutes of Orlando.

Put it this way, if you are going for on vacation at Disney, (and only disney) then no, I would not reat a car. I would use the moeny elseware. If I were going on vacation at Florida, and including a few days at disney, then yes, I would defenatley rent a car.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom