Rent DVC points or just stay at a value?

countrygrl4

Okay I am planning on going to WDW in May and read that you can rent DVC points from other DVC members. I'm not a DVC member but would love to actually stay in a higher up resort. Last time I went in august I stayed at POP. There is nothing wrong with it I just want more because this will be my college graduation present to myself! So my question is, is it worth to rent points and stay at a villa for only me and my friends or should we just stay at a value? I don't think we'll spend a lot of time in the room bc I mean come on its DISNEY! so idk if it is worth it...any advice would be awesome!

Thanks!!:)

cdunbar

Well if your not going to be in the room that much than I'm not sure that going through the expense of renting DVC points is worth it....but if you are going to be using the room to prepare food and you and your friends want seperate rooms it might be worth it. Personally, I would feel them out and see if they're ok staying in 1 or 2 rooms with other people, obviously depending upon how many of you there will be. Another option is the family suites @ AS Music, though I know nothing about them. I just have read of there existence on here. :wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Have you done the math for using points?

Search for a DVC Point Chart and then figure at least $10/point - or more.

For Saratoga Springs, in May, for a studio, you are probably looking at $140/night for Sun-Thurs, $210/night for Fri-Sat.

Value resorts are $105/per night plus tax for weeknights and $120/night plus tax for weekends.

Upvote 0

countrygrl4

Original Poster
Thanks guys...yea money is also another issue...Like I said I am graduating college therefore I am soo broke no career yet lol...I think I'll go with my gut and stay at a value again since I dont think we will be in the room very much.

Upvote 0

tiaragirl

My friends and I are going in May, too! We were thinking about a moderate but decided to just go for Pop.. we'll be running around so much that sharing beds and space isn't likely to cause a whole lot of problems. Just a place to crash at the end of the day (or in the middle for a nap!).

Upvote 0

toystory 3

I have stayed at the value resorts three different times and I would have to advise you to stay at the villas. The villas give you a chance to have more space to move around and relax after a long day at the parks.

Upvote 0

mmexpress

I've seen point rentals as low as $7.00 per point, it depends on how soon the points expire and how desperate the owner is to rent them.
Check out the rent-trade board at mouseowners

Upvote 0

natalia1681

Hi! Congrats on graduation!! And good luck in your job search afterwards:wave:

If you are going to be there for a long period of time, the villas may very well pay for themselves, especially if you would like to save money with food. Also, speaking from experience, I've stayed at both the values and the villas (a gift from my mom ;)--the values are my budget). If you are there for more than a few days, you may find yourself craving some additional space.

I hope that you have a great trip!!:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom