Rent a Car? Instead of Disney Busses

rachelredfearn

Original Poster
we are staying at Coronado Springs( 1st time) in 2 weeks..... While we dont love the Disney busses ( we *NEVER* seem to get right on a bus- last time we stayed at All Star music and we waited and waited) we dont hate them either( its a Great FREE service from Disney!)

We just never seemed to get right on the busses and spent ALOT of time WAITING and Waiting....wondering if we should Rent a Car or how is the driving around the property/ having a Car there??
:confused:

BigTxEars

we are staying at Coronado Springs( 1st time) in 2 weeks..... While we dont love the Disney busses ( we *NEVER* seem to get right on a bus- last time we stayed at All Star music and we waited and waited) we dont hate them either( its a Great FREE service from Disney!)

We just never seemed to get right on the busses and spent ALOT of time WAITING and Waiting....wondering if we should Rent a Car or how is the driving around the property/ having a Car there??

Big +1 on renting a car! Easy to get around the WDW property, signs everywhere to lead you in the right direction. Free parking at all the parks. Come and go at your will. Get ADRs where every you want and not having to transfer busses to get there. We bought a Disney music cd in the parks and listened to it as we drive each day around WDW, added to the fun we had :) Leave when you want. Etc...etc.

Get one :)

nepalostparks

If you can afford it and don't mind driving, I always recommend renting a car. Just the convenience of being able to come and go as you please is enough for us. Plus we like to stop at Target on the way in from the airport and pick up bottled water and snacks (along with any last minute items we forgot to pack!) which saves a bundle over buying it at the resort gift shop.

Check out mousesavers.com - they have a ton of different discount codes for all the car companies at the airport. At this time of year, you should have no problem saving a bundle with the right discounts.

If you're flying into Orlando International (MCO), the car rental companies are on the first floor, then its just a short walk out to the garage and right into your car. We always go south out of the airport and take the Greeneway to Disney. It's a toll road, but it's only 2-3 dollars one way, and we've never hit any traffic on it. And driving around Disney is fairly easy, there are alot of signs. If you want to plan ahead, you can map and print out directions on google or the like (which we do to have as a backup).

Hope you have a great trip!

lilclerk

I've rented a car on two trips and loved it. I have a terrible sense of direction and tend to get lost very easily, but never have on Disney property. The signs actually give you accurate directions, unlike around here :lol: I do use my smart phone as a GPS for getting around the surrounding area, but I don't really need it on Disney property.
I do miss taking the bus sometimes as it seems like it's part of the "experience," but the convenience and time saved when having a car just can't be beat.

rachelredfearn

Original Poster
thanks everyone...one more question lol....we are staying at Coronado Springs...how are the busses there?

OHH and *IF* we rent a Car, do we really not have to pay for Parking at the parks(cause that would stink lol) what do you need to show? THANKS

Disneydreamer23

thanks everyone...one more question lol....we are staying at Coronado Springs...how are the busses there?

OHH and *IF* we rent a Car, do we really not have to pay for Parking at the parks(cause that would stink lol) what do you need to show? THANKS

you get a piece of paper when you check in to put in the front window of your car and you get to park at all the disney parks for free i always rent saves time and im not a fan of the busses

Blueskyze

We rented a car during our trip in August (stayed at All-Star Movies), and we definitely plan to rent one for our next trip. Like others have said, the convenience of coming and going whenever you want is totally worth it! I got a great discount through my work, and I was really pleased with the ease of which we picked up and dropped off at the airport. I would definitely say go for it!

rachelredfearn

Original Poster
NOW I AM ON A hUNT FOR RENTAL CARS... arghhhh. nothing under 225.00 for the 6 days :(

HELP ME! LOL>>>>

We rented a car during our trip in August (stayed at All-Star Movies), and we definitely plan to rent one for our next trip. Like others have said, the convenience of coming and going whenever you want is totally worth it! I got a great discount through my work, and I was really pleased with the ease of which we picked up and dropped off at the airport. I would definitely say go for it!

Disaddict

Rent rent rent a car!! Disney busses are horrible anymore. We've had a bus with arctic cold air where we were all freezing to death inside and the driver wouldn't turn off the AC. We have waited forever for them to show up. We have ridden on them for what seemed like forever.
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Just rent a car. LOL

lilclerk

NOW I AM ON A hUNT FOR RENTAL CARS... arghhhh. nothing under 225.00 for the 6 days :(

HELP ME! LOL>>>>

If you're comfortable not knowing which company you'll get, I totally recommend using Priceline's name your own price, or hotwire.com All the companies they use are in MCO's terminal, so you don't need to worry about having to get a shuttle to the rental area, and I've gotten some great deals. The two times I rented in Orlando (9/2010 and 5/2011) I paid $8/day. Since it wasn't really necessary that I rent a car, I just kept trying every day and got those prices very close to arrival.

Disaddict

Waiting is part of vacation at Disney..save the money on renting a car and take cabs when waiting is not a good option.

While I do agree that you're on vacation so you should take the time to smell the roses, those roses smell like crap when you've been in a park for 12 or 13 hours and all you want to do is get back to your room or a pool. LOL We always rent a vehicle but have taken Disney busses a few times in the past. Once we took a bus from ASMu to MK only because the bus happened to be ready to depart. It was okay except for the big guy next to us that kept passing gas :hurl: and the kid that was shouting to the top of his lungs. Then when we had to wait forever to get on the bus to leave at the end of the night. I'd rather live on a Greyhound bus than to ride Disney busses. :lol:

rachelredfearn

Original Poster
:ROFLOL:

Same here......I AM looking for a RENTAL.....waiting an hour for a bus then just trying to get there isnt fun to me/ a vacation!

While I do agree that you're on vacation so you should take the time to smell the roses, those roses smell like crap when you've been in a park for 12 or 13 hours and all you want to do is get back to your room or a pool. LOL We always rent a vehicle but have taken Disney busses a few times in the past. Once we took a bus from ASMu to MK only because the bus happened to be ready to depart. It was okay except for the big guy next to us that kept passing gas :hurl: and the kid that was shouting to the top of his lungs. Then when we had to wait forever to get on the bus to leave at the end of the night. I'd rather live on a Greyhound bus than to ride Disney busses. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom