Original Poster
I think the TTC should be renamed, maybe to either:

1. Magic Kingdom Park parking lot
2. Transportation and MagicBand center
3. Ttc (kinda like EPCOT became Epcot)

What do you think?

Communicore

Original Poster
Do they sell literal tickets there? I mean back then you buy ride tickets, but now there's no more literal tickets right?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So there are still people that go to TTC and buy their tickets there, like people who decide to just go to WDW on a random day and buy tickets?
Yeah the TTC ticket windows are crazy in the mornings. I always assume most of those guests are going to MK.

Goofyernmost

I know that the ticket booths sell the RFID tickets for one or more days just like online or elsewhere. I don't know about the Bands. Maybe someone that has purchased them there can enlighten us.

ABQ

I think it's the first t that should be lower case, as in tTC, assuming the proper wording is transportation and ticket center. As they don't provide all that much transit from there any longer. Like a dolt I was there looking for a bus to, I believe, Boardwalk. Was early evening, pretty quiet around there, rather desolate, finally found a CM who said, "no, very few buses come through here any more" and they sent me along to the MK bus stop for far,far more options. I mean, aside from the ferry and the monorail hub, it's not much of a transit center.

Goofyernmost

I think it's the first t that should be lower case, as in tTC, assuming the proper wording is transportation and ticket center. As they don't provide all that much transit from there any longer. Like a dolt I was there looking for a bus to, I believe, Boardwalk. Was early evening, pretty quiet around there, rather desolate, finally found a CM who said, "no, very few buses come through here any more" and they sent me along to the MK bus stop for far,far more options. I mean, aside from the ferry and the monorail hub, it's not much of a transit center.
By definition, if they could transport you to another connection than it is a transportation center. It is just one of the hubs. Not every airport flies planes exactly to your location of choice. You sometimes have to go from one hub to another to make that connection. Would that mean that airplanes are not a form of transportation? Or that JFK is not a transportation center because you have to change planes in Chicago to get to Denver?

ABQ

By definition, if they could transport you to another connection than it is a transportation center. It is just one of the hubs. Not every airport flies planes exactly to your location of choice. You sometimes have to go from one hub to another to make that connection. Would that mean that airplanes are not a form of transportation? Or that JFK is not a transportation center because you have to change planes in Chicago to get to Denver?
Yes, they offer transport from that location, sure they do, but frankly, it's not much of a transit CENTER if you can't get to all that many places. The Downtown Disney bus stop is for all intents and purposes, more of a transit center than the TTC is. I didn't say drop the first t entirely, just that it should be lower case. Back when there were just 2 theme parks and far fewer resorts, it was the center of all things transport. Now, not so much.

Goofyernmost

I honestly couldn't care less. It really doesn't matter one bit to me.
I agree, it's one of the many, many topics that are pointless that show up on the boards all the time. But, it's kind of fun to discuss anyway. Many current visitors have absolutely no idea of the history and basis for that location and really don't understand what point Disney was trying to make when it was established. Many feel that all the resort was, as we see it now, when it opened.

Tom Morrow

Yeah, the name "transportation and ticket center" isn't needed anymore, because every WDW location offers full transportation, more or less. But what else could you name it?

slappy magoo

You know what they could do but never would do to give the TTC a sense of purpose?

Endorse tailgate parties.

Set aside a place near the ticket booths for dancing, have a DJ blasting music through speakers throughout the lot (as opposed to strictly from his immediate area which would be deafening), have food trucks out there like the Taste of the Parks roach coaches (or whatever they're called) in DtD, and just make it a Place To Be. Put things out there like rock climbing walls or hey why not meet and greets with less visible more-rare characters? Even guests staying onsite might opt to drive to the TTC if they knew they could see some poor teenager wearing a Robin Hood costume...

And then, of course, knock all that crap off during the peak times, when people are crazy and the lot is closed due to capacity.

DVCPluto

You know what they could do but never would do to give the TTC a sense of purpose?

Endorse tailgate parties.

I love this idea. Let's add the whole sporting event perspective into it, and make people choose whether they are a hero or a villain. They'll have a designated tailgating section and can bond with those on their team and mock the opposition.

slappy magoo

Actually in all seriousness, I know that building a giant parking deck is not in the cards, even if one could be built without creating a giant sinkhole. But if they could build a series of smaller parking structures, only 2 or 3 floors, that would free up some space to have Things To Do before or after people ever get to the MK. What those Things are, I've no idea, but in the past I've thought it would be great to have one sort of Disney themed 24-hour diner onsite. One where there aren't specific character meet-and-greets but disney characters do drop in, presumably in an impromptu fashion, as if to get a snack themselves and hey, adoring fans, of course I'll sign an autograph.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom