News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure opening reports and using Virtual Queue at EPCOT

gerarar

Premium Member
7am: 4124.93 secs, or ~1 hour 9 mins
1pm: 22323.80 secs, or ~6 hours 12 mins

BG 171 is the last BG for the day. This is 13 more than yesterday.

It’s pretty obvious that no one should be paying ILL for Rat as it’s available for a good chunk of the afternoon. Morning too if you’re in the park within that first hour-ish.

Last edited:

RussM45

Yesterday I arrived at Epcot (first park of the day) at 3:40 pm, and as noted above, BG's for Remy were still available. I got BG 144 just before 4. I was then able to see both the 4:15 and 5:15 Voices of Liberty shows in a very uncrowded theater (I am a Voices of Liberty fan). I then took the Skyliner over to the Studios, did Star Tours (walk on), and Rise of the Resistance with a one hour wait (posted wait was 80 minutes). At 7:48, shortly after I exited Rise, my BG for Remy was called (the estimates of when my group would be called kept getting earlier as the day went on - at first the estimate was 9:05)., I was surprised to see the Skyliner still uncrowded and took it back to Epcot to conserve energy, even though walking is faster and less risky. I arrived at Remy at 8:25, waited in line a half hour and then rode. I still had time for a quick dinner at Regal Eagle before seeing Harmonious, which started at 9:45. I viewed this as quite a successful half day in the parks, with no use of Genie+ or the individual lightning lanes. I note, though, that if I had paid the $9 to ride Remy in the lightning lane, I could have avoided a half hour wait in line and had more control of when I rode.

Purduevian

It’s pretty obvious that no one should be paying ILL for Rat as it’s available for a good chunk of the afternoon. Morning too if you’re in the park within that first hour-ish.
VQ still makes you wait in a 30-45min line. ILL for RAT is probably still a better value than Space or EE

EngineerMom

VQ still makes you wait in a 30-45min line. ILL for RAT is probably still a better value than Space or EE
So that is my question.

Currently 2:20ppm
I was just looking at the boarding group on the App.
It said now boarding Groups 49 to 60
Estimated Wait: 360 minutes

Do they mean 360 minutes if you get a virtual pass now or there are still passes and if you get one it will be about 3 hours?

Touchdown

So that is my question.

Currently 2:20ppm
I was just looking at the boarding group on the App.
It said now boarding Groups 49 to 60
Estimated Wait: 360 minutes

Do they mean 360 minutes if you get a virtual pass now or there are still passes and if you get one it will be about 3 hours?
360 is the max it posts, but seeing as I got group 144, it will be longer then that.

DisneyDodo

Unfortunately, I may not have a choice. I will have a 21-month-old when I go in December. We’re only hopping to Epcot since it opens so late, and we have to leave the park by ~545pm to get my daughter to bed on time. By the time we arrive at 2 (or later), I doubt we’d be able to grab a BG early enough. Of course, this all assumes they are still using a VQ by then.

Purduevian

Yea that’s true. It’s varies from person to person. Waiting 30-ish mins in line isn’t too too bad imo.
Yup, just saying that there is some value to the ILL for Remy even with the VQ.
Current rates $7 to skip a 20 minute space mountain wait ($0.35 per minute)
$10 to skip a 45 minute 7D ($0.22 per minute)
$9 to skip ~40minute like for Remy ($0.225 per minute)
$9 to skip a 20 minute FEA ($0.45 per minute)
MMRR is down right now
$15 to skip a 70 minute RotR ($0.214 per minute)
$11 to skip a 25 minute FOP ($0.44 per minute)
$7 to skip a 5 minute EE ($1.4 per minute ) (lol)

Remy is in line with the best "value" lines.

RSoxNo1

If you are a resort guest, you can purchase both ILLs at 7am. If you're not a resort guest, you can purchase the ILL at park open. If you are trying to buy an ILL at a park you don't have a reservation for, the time selection you can choose from will be after 2pm (as long as your ticket media allows for park hopping).
Perfect, thank you.

gerarar

Premium Member
7am: 355.17 secs, or ~6 mins
1pm: 7767.02 secs, or ~2 hours 9 mins

BG 168 is the last BG for the day. This is 2 less than yesterday.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

At this point, is there any reason for this to retain the virtual queue other than a means of forcing people towards the ILLS?

Magic Feather

At this point, is there any reason for this to retain the virtual queue other than a means of forcing people towards the ILLS?
Queue space is very much an issue with Rat. Even with full ILL utilization, it maybe holds an hour to and hour and a half. If they do go standby, expect a Rise-esque inflation of wait times to manage people arriving. The creperie’s placement definitely didn’t help things either as they can’t really extend the queue too much.

yensidtlaw1969

Queue space is very much an issue with Rat. Even with full ILL utilization, it maybe holds an hour to and hour and a half. If they do go standby, expect a Rise-esque inflation of wait times to manage people arriving. The creperie’s placement definitely didn’t help things either as they can’t really extend the queue too much.
Can someone explain to me, like . . . why they do this to themselves?

I feel like these days more than ever Disney has a bad habit of underbuilding their queues - I know that demand Ratatouille will wane over time from what it is right now while it's brand new, but it's literally the only ride in that quadrant of the park. It's reasonable to expect that lines will hold strong for a good while, and will likely always be necessary around the more crowded moments in the year.

It's not like Ratatouille's queue is *so* complex that it would be crazy to suggest they build more of it - most of it is pretty basic hallways.

Dear Prudence

I am in a minority because I am the only person on the planet who didn't like the movie Ratatouille. Would I still enjoy this attraction? I am not being a jersey, I swear! I tend to avoid screen based attractions as it is.

Magic Feather

Can someone explain to me, like . . . why they do this to themselves?

I feel like these days more than ever Disney has a bad habit of underbuilding their queues - I know that demand Ratatouille will wane over time from what it is right now while it's brand new, but it's literally the only ride in that quadrant of the park. It's reasonable to expect that lines will hold strong for a good while, and will likely always be necessary around the more crowded moments in the year.

It's not like Ratatouille's queue is *so* complex that it would be crazy to suggest they build more of it - most of it is pretty basic hallways.
Really the only two queues that Disney significantly under built was Rat and Railway (which had existing constraints). Every other queue was built with pretty adequate size, especially so long as some type of FP was in use, which would increase the standby wait of a full line by a decent margin and, in turn, cause more people to balk.

castlecake2.0

Really the only two queues that Disney significantly under built was Rat and Railway (which had existing constraints). Every other queue was built with pretty adequate size, especially so long as some type of FP was in use, which would increase the standby wait of a full line by a decent margin and, in turn, cause more people to balk.
I think rat will eventually balance out and be fine. Frozen is the one that is/will always be an issue, and with how they moved load/unload really have no options without taking away space from merch or the restaurant

Magic Feather

I think rat will eventually balance out and be fine. Frozen is the one that is/will always be an issue, and with how they moved load/unload really have no options without taking away space from merch or the restaurant
My personal unpopular opinion on the Frozen queue is that the answer is to build up into the lounge. I’m sure the dessert parties can find another inclement weather location.

I’m also on the list of people really not opposed to the queue claiming the far end of the Fjording, or at least the awkward neutral space along the exit path of the attraction.

That said, perhaps the issue is that it’s ILLs aren’t selling enough, but I really don’t remember Frozen’s queue reliably spilling outside not counting peak times, pre-covid. I could very well be misremembering, but now it feels like the queue always stretches to the promenade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom