News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

rct247

Remy is a great addition to the France pavilion, World Showcase and Epcot. I have done both versions and I do prefer the one at Walt Disney Studios more, but just because the area around it looks better and the restaurant at the end is missing from Epcot. I love that a level of bilingual French/English was left as is and not changed for an American audience. I remember riding it in Paris as my first trackless ride and being blown away, but after now riding Rise and Runaway Railway, those two are a bit more exciting, but it's to be expected as they are newer and pushed the envelope a bit more. One thing that Remy does do well is the mix of cozy "smaller" spaces compared to the expansive rooms we see in Runaway Railway and Rise.

If I could have done it my way, I would have completely redone the back of the France pavilion, removing the French film and playing something like it in the queue and having them exit into the gift shop and cafe. They did a great job squeezing in a new street like they did, but they didn't have to. It would have left one of the expansion plots open still. The one part I don't like about the new street is the covered shelter right in front of the marquee. Any cover is welcome for Florida's rainy summers and I think it was added to try and block an awkward sight line of the Eiffel Tower from a view you were never supposed to see it, however, that same awkward view is still visible from the ride entrance/exit. It's also currently a dead end and may suffer from poor Guest flow.

I absolutely think World Showcase has room for Disney to incorporate Disney stories into these representation of real counties and cultures. The key is transitioning from real world to animated and respecting both. There is real culture to explore and the animated representation is a great way for children to be introduced to that so long as it doesn't take over. Frozen and the Norway pavilion is pushing it.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
To answer my question, yes you can ride it multiple times during your preview time. It’s a fun ride and something that Epcot really needed.
Ha, it'd be nice to have the opportunity to ride it twice. Where did you see this? Thanks!

wendysue

We have the AP ride preview on Sept. 27, but had to change our trip to the week before. Does anyone know if there is some way to change the day of our preview? Or maybe we can print out our present reservation, take it with and see if they will let us in the week before?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The view of the Eiffel Tower from the new Rat Plaza looks way too fake....

1630816747505.png

Incomudro

Watched some videos of the new ride, and opening of the expansion.
France is now far and away the nicest of the Epcot countries.
I know they were there before the opening of the expansion, but the kinetics of the skyliner and boats really help to give the land a level of movement that reminds me so much of the way Disney used to do things.
The land is alive has multiple levels of engagement.
Really nice.

jaxonp

I’ve re-evaluated my opinion. Rat is a fun ride and a great addition. Crush is a fun ride and also would have been a *good* addition. But given the expansion to the pavilion and superb theming of the area, the correct decision was to clone Rat over Crush.

I can give credit where it’s due. The ride? A solid C+/D- and all the parks need more of them.

And I’m not so obtuse as to not enjoy this…View attachment 584193
Although we could have done without the dreary weather. Would have been exemplary if WDI could have also recreated the rainy gray skies and chilly wind we had when there for real authenticity. Like the Mexico pavilion only miserable.
What does Crush have to do with France?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom