News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

MrPromey

Yes that may be true but the point was comparing the current state of the ride at DLP is not indicative of what we’re getting at EPCOT.

Sadly, my point was that unless things change, we may be faced with the similar conditions in years ahead as was the case for way to long with Soarin', and has continued to be the case with many others throughout the parks.

In some cases, it seems that Imagineering came up with things that didn't prove practical for long-term use and in others, it feels like management just decided it wasn't a big enough deal to bother with. In your example, it sounds like the latter when it came to this particular ride which worries me a bit because if it's a clone, that means that there weren't any kinks to work out to avoid these kinds of problems.

Last edited:

eddie104

Sadly, my point was that unless things change, we may be faced with the similar conditions in years ahead as was the case for way to long with Soarin', and has continued to be the case with and many others throughout the parks.

In some cases, it seems that Imagineering came up with things that didn't prove practical for long-term use and in others, it feels like management just decided it wasn't a big enough deal to bother with. In your example, it sounds like the latter when it came to this particular ride which worries me a bit because if it's a clone, that means that there weren't any kinks to work out to avoid these kinds of problems.
Yea I totally understand your concerns and hope the management culture at TDO starts to change where maintenance takes higher priority once again. I say that because according to some people WDW use to be better at certain things in the past but has declined in some aspects.

MrPromey

Yea I totally understand your concerns and hope the management culture at TDO starts to change where maintenance takes higher priority once again. I say that because according to some people WDW use to be better at certain things in the past but has declined in some aspects.

I would say this is absolutely true. You see it everywhere from care of attractions to litter in the parks but with so many new high-profile things coming online in the years ahead - something that hasn't been the case for a while - maybe they'll have a little more incentive to take care of the new toys and (fingers crossed) that'll spill over to the rest of the parks.

Tayoboy

In the Parks
Yes
The Restaurant that's going in the expansion pad with Ratatouille has been detailed:

eddie104

The Restaurant that's going in the expansion pad with Ratatouille has been detailed:

Huh ??? I thought a restaurant wasn’t planned with the attraction.

GlacierGlacier

There has never been a better time to visit Epcot.

I think literally everyone that knows Epcot knows that is a lie.

Huh ??? I thought a restaurant wasn’t planned with the attraction.
A full table-service restaurant is likely not planned. This looks more like a snack thing? I'm not certain, but not a full sit-down, three-course meal. restaurant.

Timothy_Q

So where exactly is this going?

I can't place it, from the art they released today

Sir_Cliff

A full table-service restaurant is likely not planned. This looks more like a snack thing? I'm not certain, but not a full sit-down, three-course meal. restaurant.

I don't know about three courses, but the announcement does say:

"With a menu inspired by the Brittany region of France, the new location will offer table service dining as well as a quick-service stop for guests craving savory crepes called galettes and sweet crepes."

So, I guess they'll need a decent sized space, menus, etc.

AdventureMP4z

I don't know about three courses, but the announcement does say:

"With a menu inspired by the Brittany region of France, the new location will offer table service dining as well as a quick-service stop for guests craving savory crepes called galettes and sweet crepes."

So, I guess they'll need a decent sized space, menus, etc.
Beat me to pointing it out. :)

Sky

France is going to be the biggest pavilion with the most to do and eat. 3 restaurants, multiple quick serve, crepe stand, drink stand, festival stand. Ice cream shop. Wow.

Hopefully this serves as a catalyst for other pavilions being re-examined for further opportunities. I can wait on Brazil if I know other pavilions have updates or new additions on the books.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Scheduled to be built in an all-new location near the previously announced Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure attraction

So, there's the whole front half of the national pavilion pad that Rat sits on. It could go there. If you include the theming of the IG, this would give France a full two and a half pads. Take that, American Adventure!

Or.... the nice but space-wasting hedge garden area could be up for a restaurant take-over.

Purple = Rat
Orange = Rat plaza and queue
Green = front half of the pad that Rat sits in
Teal = hedge garden and tree grove

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom