News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Kman101

Last September I hit “I’m here” as I crossed the hub bridge to Teacups. I got to the counter with maybe half a dozen other phone holding guests.

Food came twenty minutes later. And it wasn’t the only time.

Wow. That's a shame. I can believe it though, lol. It was great when it first came out, IMHO. I haven't had much experience with it this past year so far.

Kman101

They can't build a gazebo in the Animal Kingdom in 2 years... I am really doubtful that they can build an actual ride in that timeline that has still not broken ground...

lol.

To be fair, things like a gazebo have no urgency. Not saying it obviously shouldn't have been done sooner than it was. There's a lot of things they seem to drag their feet on, but of course we don't know everything that goes on with projects.

DanielBB8

What makes Frozen feel shoe horned in to me isn't even the iP. Or the idea of a magical fairytale cartoon in the world showcase. I understand why these are deal breakers for a lot of people.

What makes Frozen feel shoehorned is that it doesn't fit or even attempt to fit the Norway Pavilion.

The Norway Pavilion, like most World Showcase Pavilions, was built to be in modern day. Set up as a mix of different architecture styles blended together to for a more or less modern snapshot of Norway as a whole.

Then you enter some modern looking building and immeadietly and harringly find yourself in Arrendelle.

There is no, none, zero effort to blend it into the current pavilion.

If they redid the pavilion as a whole to reflect medieval Norse architecture of the kind that inspired Frozen (similar to the idea behind the absolutely wonderfully done Royal Summerhaus area). Then the transition to Arrendelle wouldn't be so sudden and jarring. Or perhaps redo the line for the ride to start off as a museum about the influences of real Norse culture, architecture, fashion, and mythology that influenced Frozen transitioning into the ride (a more on the nose version of how Maelstrom transitioned you into the ride). OR redo the entrance/exit/shops so the entrance to the queue is next to the Summerhaus instead if the main section of the pavilion so it doesn't clash as much.

But how they did it was lazy and shoehorned in
What guests would know anything about Norse architecture to make Arendelle feel less shoehorned in the Norway Pavilion?

My feeling is Frozen Ever After feels out of place because it adhered to the Frozen story and didn’t try to connect to Norway culture. Frozen Ever After is all about Disney and Disney’s cultural and storytelling cues. Norway is not even considered. Other than this already happened at Akershus with character dining and the addition of Anna and Elsa meet and greet. There’s little Norway left. So what’s shoehorned really?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Then you enter some modern looking building and immeadietly and harringly find yourself in Arrendelle.

There is no, none, zero effort to blend it into the current pavilion.

The architectural and interior design of the Sommerhus (both outside and in) and the queue for FEA is 100% Norwegian. If it weren't for a few Anna and Elsa Easter eggs in the queues (their dolls and Oaken in the sauna), there is nothing there which is specifically the Frozen IP. The Frozen IP only interjects itself at the M&G rooms and the very ride itself. If you surgically removed them, everything else is 100% Norwegian.

Wildly overstating your case doesn't actually make your case.

Timothy_Q

The architectural and interior design of the Sommerhus (both outside and in) and the queue for FEA is 100% Norwegian. If it weren't for a few Anna and Elsa Easter eggs in the queues (their dolls and Oaken in the sauna), there is nothing there which is specifically the Frozen IP. The Frozen IP only interjects itself at the M&G rooms and the very ride itself. If you surgically removed them, everything else is 100% Norwegian.

Wildly overstating your case doesn't actually make your case.
The only modern looking building I can think of is the loading room of Maelstrom.

The queue for FEA is 100% better than what was there before. It fits the pavilion like a glove.
Credit where it is due

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom