News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

EeyoreFan#24

it’s always been like that around automated equipment. Especially if you company, like Disney, likes to space out purchases. From the outside equipment looks the same, on the inside a completely different set of sub components. Not because the Oem is trying to be difficult or incompetent (usually). They just usually can’t physically get the same exact parts if it’s been months or years. Well, now a days, minutes. There’s other reasons too, obviously.

EricsBiscuit

From today, I’ll post more later when I ride it tn:
A70834B2-8487-429A-978A-AF944C9E7296.jpeg
96D2EF66-F53A-456A-9B01-3B2DB6CC0313.jpeg
81FB8643-1C0E-49F8-9677-33E796809E82.jpeg
20AA851A-62BA-4544-93BB-C9233A2CFCE1.jpeg

James Alucobond

I hope those are Peugeots and Renaults!!

View attachment 586729
This shot makes me irrationally upset because a couple of attractive gates on the electrical substation (or whatever it is), nicer railing around the curb, a bit more plaster, a vine trellis over the stairs, painted parking spots, slightly better paving, and a bit of well-placed landscaping would make this look suitably front stage while quickly passing by on the skyliner. Dream scenario would also be building out the facades on top, but it's silly how little work they'd have to do to clean this up.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This shot makes me irrationally upset because a couple of attractive gates on the electrical substation (or whatever it is), nicer railing around the curb, a bit more plaster, a vine trellis over the stairs, painted parking spots, slightly better paving, and a bit of well-placed landscaping would make this look suitably front stage while quickly passing by on the skyliner. Dream scenario would also be building out the facades on top, but it's silly how little work they'd have to do to clean this up.

$50 million, at a minimum. Can’t be done. 😉

castlecake2.0

Amazing.

It's like they're forgotten that all of WDW is supposed to be "onstage."

I know they've allowed some backstage areas to be visible from transportation for many years, but those were minimal and their appearance was taken into account. This might be a new low.
Totally a new low. Guest.Services@disneyworld.com if you want to join my fight. Like I said above, just plant some damn trees at least.

James Alucobond

I can’t imagine a berm would even work considering the clearances you probably need around the skyliner. I had always assumed the second floor of the creperie was stumpy for exactly that reason, meaning you wouldn’t be able to mound anything up in a location suitable to conceal anything or import.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Whatever gates, berms, or trees planted; it all has to allow the largest of emergency and construction vehicles through and to have access to the infrastructure.

The entire trip on the Skyliner is a view of both front and back of house of various buildings. At some point you have to stop the theming.

That said, it wouldn't hurt to do some nicer paving and painting.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I hope those are Peugeots and Renaults!!

View attachment 586729

Exactly!

The cars help. But they forgot some things.
But they could have at least extended the facades and theming a little here:
facade.png

Last edited:

Little Green Men

Yes cuz the skyway totally never let anyone see backstage 🤣

Attachments

• 6477E990-335C-42E4-90C6-0DB44E8EEF33.jpeg
    6477E990-335C-42E4-90C6-0DB44E8EEF33.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 181
  • 4CEFCBE0-6006-4D45-A8DF-EFEF7541132F.jpeg
    4CEFCBE0-6006-4D45-A8DF-EFEF7541132F.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 161

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom