News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

UNCgolf

Seems to be a close approximation. Looking forward to see it in a couple weeks.

I think the only thing that's really similar to the one in Paris is the actual ride entrance, although I think the one at EPCOT is a bit simpler.

I don't think they could have really built something that was the same as Paris, though, due to the limitations of the location. Maybe if they didn't have the creperie?

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Guest reviews (so far) are very strong. Of course, when the question is “you enjoyed Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, didn’t you?” that’s pretty much guaranteed.

So true. I’m sure a survey will be written to capture high guest scores and certain people will tout their genius in ride building. I have yet to read any reports of people being blown away by Rat, but they are enjoying it.

I think I said it would be popular (I should rate my accuracy with such things, I’d probably score 100%!!! 😂). It’s family friendly in a park that is desperate for something of even C-ticket quality to ride (although I’d rate it a D ticket attraction).

dreday3

I don't know why anyone would be surprised to think guests actually like this ride or are being persuaded to answer that way.

It's a (relatively) simple, classic, Disney dark ride. It's got props, beautiful setting, beautiful music and a character most everyone loves. And you are in a moving vehicle. :D
These types of rides pull at my heartstrings of nostalgia. More so than Rise or Flights of Passage. Those may very well be great rides (haven't gone on yet), but they aren't classically Disney to me.

Is it the most technologically advanced ride? Of course not. But this is one of the rides I am most excited for because this is one of the rides that reminds me of my youth and Disney trips with my parents.

UNCgolf

I don't know why anyone would be surprised to think guests actually like this ride or are being persuaded to answer that way.

It's a (relatively) simple, classic, Disney dark ride. It's got props, beautiful setting, beautiful music and a character most everyone loves. And you are in a moving vehicle. :D
These types of rides pull at my heartstrings of nostalgia. More so than Rise or Flights of Passage. Those may very well be great rides (haven't gone on yet), but they aren't classically Disney to me.

Is it the most technologically advanced ride? Of course not. But this is one of the rides I am most excited for because this is one of the rides that reminds me of my youth and Disney trips with my parents.

I don't have any problem with people liking the ride, but it feels absolutely nothing like a classic Disney dark ride to me. I'd be much happier about it if it did!

disneygeek90

How would ROTR not have the nostalgia you describe when it's a very similar car design with impressive settings and music? I'll be on Rat for the first time tomorrow but from what I'm hearing there's not much in the way of props. Certainly not as much as ROTR.

dreday3

How would ROTR not have the nostalgia you describe when it's a very similar car design with impressive settings and music? I'll be on Rat for the first time tomorrow but from what I'm hearing there's not much in the way of props. Certainly not as much as ROTR.

I'm not going to explain what inspires and doesn't inspire nostalgia for me and then have strangers try to tell me I'm wrong. 😂

UNCgolf

I'm not going to explain what inspires and doesn't inspire nostalgia for me and then have strangers try to tell me I'm wrong. 😂

You get defensive/dismissive too easily.

No one is telling you you're wrong. They're just giving their opinion. That was a legitimate question asking why Ratatouille feels that way to you but Rise doesn't; there was nothing negative in their comment. It sounded like simple curiosity to me.

dreday3

You get defensive/dismissive too easily.

No one is telling you you're wrong. They're just giving their opinion. That was a legitimate question asking why Ratatouille feels that way to you but Rise doesn't; there was nothing negative in their comment. It sounded like simple curiosity to me.

I've been around here a long time. We all know how it's going to go. 😂

Not defensive, just not interested in going further with it.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I did the AP preview yesterday. Rode 3 times to give myself a chance to catch a few more details. My spoiler-free summary is that this is a very good movie-based dark ride. It is detailed, fun, tells a not-very-complicated story, has good effects, and is long enough to feel like an actual experience. Those expecting a "headliner" type attraction (e.g., Flight of Passage, Rise of the Resistance, the Great Movie Ride) will not be satisfied; those looking for a thrill ride will be disappointed; and those who decry all use of screens will have stuff to decry. But it's a very good attraction (I'd say a D-ticket, if we were still doing that), and it fits well where it is in Epcot (side-eye stare at Frozen).

GimpYancIent

I did the AP preview yesterday. Rode 3 times to give myself a chance to catch a few more details. My spoiler-free summary is that this is a very good movie-based dark ride. It is detailed, fun, tells a not-very-complicated story, has good effects, and is long enough to feel like an actual experience. Those expecting a "headliner" type attraction (e.g., Flight of Passage, Rise of the Resistance, the Great Movie Ride) will not be satisfied; those looking for a thrill ride will be disappointed; and those who decry all use of screens will have stuff to decry. But it's a very good attraction (I'd say a D-ticket, if we were still doing that), and it fits well where it is in Epcot (side-eye stare at Frozen).
A wordy way of saying mediocre.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think that is a very accurate summary.

disneygeek90

Weird response but alright. Was just legitimately curious since the actual ride systems for ROTR and Rat are so similar, and it is a physically moving ride. I can see why something like FoP would be a different being in front of a stagnant screen.

dreday3

Weird response but alright. Was just legitimately curious since the actual ride systems for ROTR and Rat are so similar, and it is a physically moving ride. I can see why something like FoP would be a different being in front of a stagnant screen.

Well since you are legitimately curious, to put it simply, it's Star Wars.
I am DEEPLY nostalgic for Star Wars. The first 3, on their own.
But I don't equate those movies with Disney (Disney World to be even more specific), so Rise is not going to give me the "feels". I'm sure I'll love the ride, but it's not going to make me wish my dad was there with me.

Riding Rat will, I can just tell. Like riding Snow White, Peter Pan or Mr. Toad as a child. Yes it's screens, but I've accepted they exist 😂 , but everything else about it - for me- the set design/sounds/ride vehicle, it all seems like it will take me right back to my childhood visits in the early 1980's and just have that feeling that I can't put into words.

Or I ride it and I feel nothing because now I've put too much pressure on it. 😂

Last edited:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

A wordy way of saying mediocre.

An arrogant way of discounting what somebody wrote. I do not believe it is mediocre. If I did, I'd have said it.

Nope! Just how what you stated came across to me. Just being honest. Have a nice day.
Then I apologize for being unclear, and I hope my clarification fixes the misunderstanding. I believe it is significantly better than mediocre. Indeed, as I explicitly said, it is “very good“.

Last edited:

Poseidon Quest

Just got back from riding it and my impression is that it's Disney's attempt at emulating Universal. The combo of screens and physical sets is very much in the vein of Spider-Man and Transformers, with scent, water and heat effects thrown in. Overall, I think it's a far more interesting attraction than Rise or Railway and it's the only recent Disney attraction that I actually like. When you're not explicitly looking for it, the screens blend into the environments well, unlike with the empty warehouse that is Runaway Railway. The pacing is also slower and more digestible than both of the other trackless attractions.

It's a solid and enjoyable D-ticket and also makes a lot more sense for Epcot than Frozen. Part of what makes the IP acceptable is the film's honor of French culture, as well as the attraction being tucked away into the back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom