News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Disney Analyst

I must be missing the posts where those who don't care are actively mocking those who do care. Usually, they just say it's not as big a concern to them.

I mean. I literally couldn’t see anything wrong in the photo, only until I read below did I find out what people were seeing.

I definitely have standards I want followed, if they plopped the tower down in the middle of the shot... that would be an issue. But something on the outskirts, that isn’t really part of the scene I’m looking at, doesn’t really bother me.

Maybe they can plant some trees in the future to assist those who can’t stop seeing it.

RobWDW1971

Those who don’t care lose nothing but far too many seem to find joy in the fact that those who do care do lose something.
After years of trying to keep the torch burning, I have just come to the realization that they don’t care and trying to care for them is a battle of futility.

The old Disney is unfortunately gone so I try to enjoy what’s there, only spend my money on what’s decent, and just hope to be surprised every once in a while. :(

Animaniac93-98

Remember how in episode 5 of The Imagineering Story they showed off their fancy VR pre-visualization technology they use in project development?

Did they forget to render the Skyliner poles in the simulation? Or the clunky chimney flat supports?

An enormous amount of time and money are put into these projects. There should be no excuses for this stuff.

Far better work was done in the era of paper and pencil. Current WDI is so obsessed with technology and gadgets, they're forgetting the basics of placemaking and architecture.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Even my socks are mismatched.

1581798509916.png

goofy shocked

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The high-voltage power lines converging on Disney Land were the one thing that Walt absolutely hated about the completed project.

The genesis of WDW was literally his wish to build a new theme park and resort with better sight lines.
This was the resort that built an expensive aquaduct to avoid a road bridge spoiling the view.

One of the few positives from the team of original DCA was removing the overhead power lines.

RSoxNo1

That was the beauty of the parks. They catered for those who care and those who don’t. Those who paid attention and those who looked around, and those who didn’t.
That's part of the "Feel" that is non-linear story telling. The textures of the pavement, the sounds and smells all blend in and make things feel, "right". The sense that we're so in tune with though is sight and when something seems out of place it breaks us from that non-linear story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom