News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

ZachPL

Wondering if we will get an opening date announcement soon, toy story land had an announcement I think on feb 16th for its summer opening of june 30th

Epcot82Guy

It's such an odd and poor (cheap?) design choice...

Even the ride in Paris has some very small bits of this. But, most of the facade is fully realized, making it work well. Let alone the side profile (which Paris doesn't have to deal with - but WDW very much does.)

Sir_Cliff

Even the ride in Paris has some very small bits of this. But, most of the facade is fully realized, making it work well. Let alone the side profile (which Paris doesn't have to deal with - but WDW very much does.)
Honestly, I didn't notice anything like this in Paris. That whole area is wonderfully themed. I'm kind of surprised they would go this route in World Showcase... or any Disney park other than circa 2001 DCA. Maybe from front-on it looks ok, but so far even from that perspective it seems uncharacteristically cartoony compared to the rest of the pavilion.

Epcot82Guy

Honestly, I didn't notice anything like this in Paris. That whole area is wonderfully themed. I'm kind of surprised they would go this route in World Showcase... or any Disney park other than circa 2001 DCA. Maybe from front-on it looks ok, but so far even from that perspective it seems uncharacteristically cartoony compared to the rest of the pavilion.

I had to go back and check. There is a little bit of it, but it is very much in the background at the very top. There is another layer of 3-D facades in front of the more "backdrop" types. And, the WDSP location's backdrops are never seen at profile. So, you don't see anything like this. That areas is very well done. And, I think doing realistic versions of the buildings adds to the integration of the character into "actual" France. So, again, very odd.

JBIRDTO

Ouch. C'mon guys, these are CHIMNEY TOPPERS. They didn't need to be flat (and therefore require reinforcement on their backs). I could go down to Home Depot right now and replace each one with real toppers and make this problem go away.

View attachment 448338

Photo by from ResortTV1
I loved the concept art. This is pathetic. Such a poor effort and something that could have been easily and cheaply rectified

Josh Hendy

They need to add some street art to those building on the side and maybe a Disney inspired Space Invader or something. These buildings don't represent true Paris!
I saw the movie just once but remind me... isn't there a really good shot of the restaurant exterior they could use as a reference and starting point for the facade of the ride building?

Josh Hendy

What am I, my youtube slave?

Screenshot_20200211-223943_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200211-223948_YouTube.jpg

Edit ... for comparison:
20200211_224750.jpg

Last edited:

wdwtopten

Ouch. C'mon guys, these are CHIMNEY TOPPERS. They didn't need to be flat (and therefore require reinforcement on their backs). I could go down to Home Depot right now and replace each one with real toppers and make this problem go away.

View attachment 448338

Photo by from ResortTV1

I loved the concept art. This is pathetic. Such a poor effort and something that could have been easily and cheaply rectified

I'm very sorry, but I'm not following this conversation.

What is the issue being discussed here?

britain

I'm very sorry, but I'm not following this conversation.

What is the issue being discussed here?

It's the in-park visibility of the supports behind the chimney cut-outs.

1581534591342.png

Here's a shot from blogmickey of the reverse side.

1581534742446.png

Heck, they could even put paneling to wall-up the triangular open areas and that would do SOMETHING.

I'm sure it will all look wonderful from the point of view of those walking toward the new attraction, but walking toward the France pavillion in general should have been considered too.

Little Green Men

View attachment 448488

View attachment 448489

Heck, they could even put paneling to wall-up the triangular open areas and that would do SOMETHING.

I'm sure it will all look wonderful from the point of view of those walking toward the new attraction, but walking toward the France pavillion in general should have been considered too.
I would think they will plant trees or something to block the view, I'm sure they'll do it closer to opening.

EPCOTCenterLover

View attachment 448488

View attachment 448489

^^^Unfortunately, this seems to be the new standard. The backs of SW:GE on both coasts, Pandora at AK, and Cars Land at DCA are all unthemed. Especially driving to these parks exposes all this- which should never be seen by guests. Never.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom