Remnants of old Epcot

Figments Friend

Some remnants not mentioned -

The waiting area of the theatre upstairs at the Land that is currently showing the film 'Awesome Planet'.
Go in there and admire the beautiful original carpeted walls!
Original EPCOT Center, and a fantastic work of art in itself.
They don't make em' like this anymore.

The hand painted giant sized mural at the actual entrance to 'Spaceship Earth'...right before you enter the show building / sphere.
Pure 100% untouched EPCOT Center.
One of, if not THE only remaining original painted mural in the Park.
EC used to be full of gorgeous hand painted murals...l

Speaking of murals -
The entrance to the Land Pavillion features the stunning original stone / tile twin murals.
They are near exact on both sides except for ONE tiny green gem stone that the artist used as their personal ' signature' ( their birthstone ). Have fun trying to find it!
The murals feature hand cut glass, tiles, and small stones arranged in a complex design meant to represent the layers of the Earth's crust.

The 'Leapfrog Fountains' outside of the Imagination Pavillion in the former Magic Garden are original EPCOT Center marvels.
They have lost their original paint scheme and whimsical original landscaping features, but they still function as originally intended.

The boat ride within the Mexico Pavillion still features many original EPCOT Center set peices, props, sculptures, and effects lighting.

-

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

What was the old buffet? I am super curious.
When Epcot opened Le Cellier was a buffeteria. You’d enter the doors, turn right and head down a ramp to a serving line then take your food to a table. The ramp and serving line are behind a wall now.
0DC841EB-AB0A-4C3E-9FEF-4718826B9F77.jpeg

vikescaper

When Epcot opened Le Cellier was a buffeteria. You’d enter the doors, turn right and head down a ramp to a serving line then take your food to a table. The ramp and serving line are behind a wall now.View attachment 637967
I vaguely remember eating at the Le Cellier buffet at some point in the 90’s. When we ate there after it was switch to a full service restaurant, I remember trying to figure out if I could find any remnants of the buffet.

spock8113

Ok, pictures of bathrooms? I remember an interesting water fountain just outside Innoventions heading towards The Land.
It was on the left just as you came out of Innoventions. Everytime you drank from that fountain there was a waterproof speaker in the drain that had someone saying, "Help, get me out of here. I'm stuck down here. Send help. Gurgle, gurgle, gurgle."
Yep, they don't build Disney Parks like that anymore. I have tons of VHS converted videos of Disney going back to 1983, Seaworld and when Universal opened in the early 90's. Universal had trams initially and don't forget Splendid China, now Jimmmy Buffet's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom