Remembering and Rebuilding Horizons

Tocpe

Original Poster
4-16-06 update: The Roof

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you guys and gals know I've made a bit more progress with my 3D model of Horizons. I've begun working on the roof area and plan on building the camera that sat up there, but I only have one pic of it. :( I was wondering if anyone could help me with shots of the roof area?

BTW, I've begin posting my progress on my new projects blog:
http://tocpe.blogspot.com/

It's faster & easier to post there and easier for guests to see my progress. So look for more updates there first. :)

Mr Bill

The detail that you have put into this so far is nothing short of amazing, and I find it very surprising that you are still working on this project. Most people would have given up on it a long time ago. Keep up the great work!

Tocpe

Original Poster
thanks for the kind words guys!

I'm still making progress, but there are a few areas I'm having trouble finding info on. Does anybody have pictures of the camera that was on the roof?

I need more shots of it to model it accurately. I'm sure lots of folks would be interested in seeing the camera since a lot of folks may not have even know it existed! :)

jedimaster1227

As always, I am amazed by your work and your dedication. I can't even sit down for 5 minutes and work on my compilation video on WDW. Keep up the great work!

jmvd20

Tocpe said:
thanks for the kind words guys!

I'm still making progress, but there are a few areas I'm having trouble finding info on. Does anybody have pictures of the camera that was on the roof?

I need more shots of it to model it accurately. I'm sure lots of folks would be interested in seeing the camera since a lot of folks may not have even know it existed! :)

I have just finished checking all of the horizons tribute sites that I know of and I couldn't find it anywhere in the archives. I also checked some Disney books that I have about the construction of EPCOT and its attractions - struck out there as well. Someone out there has to have a picture of it. Wonder if Disney would be willing to help you out with it?

I would agree that most people wouldn't even notice it, but with all the other detail you have why not try to go all the way! Even though the camera is a minute detail having it there would be great.

Tocpe

Original Poster
jmvd20 said:
I have just finished checking all of the horizons tribute sites that I know of and I couldn't find it anywhere in the archives. I also checked some Disney books that I have about the construction of EPCOT and its attractions - struck out there as well. Someone out there has to have a picture of it. Wonder if Disney would be willing to help you out with it?

I would agree that most people wouldn't even notice it, but with all the other detail you have why not try to go all the way! Even though the camera is a minute detail having it there would be great.

Yeah I haven't found much except for that one pic of the camera I posted on my blog and beanboon found as well. If I can't find something deep and buried in my archives that may be what I have to go by.

Thanks for the kind words all. It helps me keep my nose to the grindstone. :)

Thanks for the links beanboon. I'm beginning to think that one singular photo of the camera is all that exists out there on the net. :) I've put the call out everywhere I can think and those are the same photos that everyone has. It's a shame that the only way most folks saw the Horizons roof and camera was when they torn it down. :(

There's gotta be somebody out there that snuck some more pics while up there.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Over 2 years later and you're still updating Horizons and us! :sohappy:

Thanks for all your hard work. You really are gifted in imaging! Be sure to keep us posted on when you're completed with the project.

Thanks for sharing it with all of us! :wave:

Tocpe

Original Poster
Thanks Jennifer. I just finished modeling the monorail track out front. You'll be able to check it out on my next update. :)

Jacquelina

I randomly saw and image or two of this while browsing the web for horizons info. I just have to tell you that your hard work is more than appreciated by us Horizons enthusiasts. You've done an amazing job, I had no idea it took you this long and you are still working on it? Wow... Keep up the great work. I'm definitely of fan!

Tocpe

Original Poster
Horizons video / animation update

Hi All,

Well it's about time for another Horizons project update. And this time, I have an animation to show!

I've been working with VFXPro on re-building his site ThemedAttractions.com and as a sign of gratitude for helping out I'm able to post any of my larger update files on the site. It'll help me from overrunning my webhost's bandwidth limit. :) Trust me, after you've crashed a server..ya don't want to pay for it again. lol.

So please stop by, check out the video, and let me know what ya think.
The update is currently posted on the main page:

http://www.themedattractions.com/

If you're reading this and this post is older than a week, you can find the article here:

http://www.themedattractions.com/content/view/43/30/

- Jason

barnum42

Hi All,

Well it's about time for another Horizons project update. And this time, I have an animation to show!

I've been working with VFXPro on re-building his site ThemedAttractions.com and as a sign of gratitude for helping out I'm able to post any of my larger update files on the site. It'll help me from overrunning my webhost's bandwidth limit. :) Trust me, after you've crashed a server..ya don't want to pay for it again. lol.

So please stop by, check out the video, and let me know what ya think.
The update is currently posted on the main page:

http://www.themedattractions.com/

If you're reading this and this post is older than a week, you can find the article here:

http://www.themedattractions.com/content/view/43/30/

- Jason
Very nice :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom