Remember Where You Are Parked.

pwmini

My friends and family think I'm slightly off center for doing this but I also take a pic of our rental car. I know...how can you forget what car your driving??? but my everyday car is unique so it is easy to find...besides do you know how many sebring convertibles they rent on any given day?

barnum42

pwmini said:
My friends and family think I'm slightly off center for doing this but I also take a pic of our rental car. I know...how can you forget what car your driving??? but my everyday car is unique so it is easy to find...besides do you know how many sebring convertibles they rent on any given day?
Not as many as the compact economy car class I rented ;)

psuchad

Many many years ago when I was in middle school (now 2 years out of college) my family lost our car at the MK parking lot. When we parked and got on the tram we forgot to note where we were. When pulling up to the gates we asked somebody next to us where we parked. What we didn't know is they told us where they parked, about 100 yards from where we got on the tram.

Leaving the park we searched forever in THEIR section. A tram went by just as they were telling the riders to remember where they parked. The speaker pointed at us and said "or else you will look like these people." We just smiled and waved. Oh and we did find the car because we tied a 4 foot ribbon on it.

A tip that we have used ever since is to tie a helium balloon to the roof rack.

shoppingnut

That is an excellent idea. And yes the battery could run out, but by taking the photo in the first place, it is also forces you to look at the row number and section name so you have a better chance of remembering it in the event that the batteries do give out. Paper can get lost and writing on your hand, well that can get washed off over the course of the day. Unless of course you don't wash your hands and then all I have to say is YUK. But even the bottles of water and soda make your hands wet. You have a better chance with the photo.

I guess I've been lucky because I've never lost my rental car in the parking lots. But is very easy to do that because the colors are pretty much the same in a given year from one rental car company to another, not to mention mostly light colors. I have a dark color at home, so I always have to remind myself I'm looking for a white/gray color and not burgundy.

crazycalf

My Inlaws always lose their car. One year they put a mike, monsters inc., antenna topper on it. It helped them a little.

We just took a note in our cell phones, but we never needed it. but the picture is a good idea

What I do is I use my cell phone notes screen and put at least the row number in. I also can very easily spot my car from the monorail if I forget the number as the roof of my car is 2 different colors (gold and black) it really stands out looking down at the parking lot.

Figment1986

here is a way...

Have a digital cametra.. take photo.... then write it down on a piece of paper and your hand.. then jolt it down on your cell phone and call ytouself talling you where ytour parked...

that way you have a better chance at finding the car at night....

psuchad said:
Leaving the park we searched forever in THEIR section. A tram went by just as they were telling the riders to remember where they parked. The speaker pointed at us and said "or else you will look like these people." We just smiled and waved.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That was one smart Tram speaker... :sohappy:

DisneyHoneymoon

if you do forget

One year DH did not recall where we were parked, but realized it before we left the Magic Kingdom. We went into guest services right near the Main Street entrance and they called somebody in parking. they asked us what time we got into the park. We told them, and they were able to tell us (based on the time of day) where our car was.

They were right. We found it without any difficulty. you just gotta look at your watch when your tram picks you up! :king:

Kwit35

EmeraldDolphin said:
I took a picture on my cell phone!! :lol:
Along those lines, I always type it in and save it as phone number. Each trip, I just change it to the new location. Sadly, it has been on Pluto 11 for a few months now. TIME TO GO BACK!!!!!

drp4video

Great idea! About three years ago, aliens stole my rental car out of the Universal parking garage. Made me miss my flight home! Had to stay overnight at the airport.

Kwit35

drp4video said:
Great idea! About three years ago, aliens stole my rental car out of the Universal parking garage. Made me miss my flight home! Had to stay overnight at the airport.
Yeah, likely story. I guess it is more believable then the sudden snow storm that make me miss my flight the last time I was in Orlando. I had to stay at Disney for two more days...snowed in...it was the worst blizzard in Florida history... :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom