Remember Captain "EO"

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I Remember every detail of it. There is a 2D version of it floating on the net - end credits and everything!!

matt88mph

I just downloaded a 2-D, Black-and-White copy of Captain EO and I must say, I'm impressed. I think Disney should release this on video or rerelease it in The Magic Eye Theater next year for its 20th Anneversary.

figmentmom

I was watching late night TV one night about seven or so years ago, and lucked into a TV airing! I was able to pop a tape into the VCR and record the whole thing. I can't even remember what channed it was on - may very well have been the Disney channel, but I'm not sure.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Originally posted by matt88mph
I just downloaded a 2-D, Black-and-White copy of Captain EO and I must say, I'm impressed.

There is a 2D colour master floating around the net (I mentioned it above) - its by Three DDD / TWDC... seems official (its also copyrighted in the United Kingdom, not the States). Pretty good quality (obviously off tape - theres bits of drop out and edge scrape) and its in stereo. I got it off Disney-Central mIRC, but I think Popkid lost it when his hard drive went down..

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think vhsshoulddie means someone has taken the 2D master I have, put it on a DVD, and is trying to auction it on ebay. Or - heaven forbid - the ebay version was shot in the theatre on a camcorder!! TWDC never released it commercially - I believe it was shown once on US TV in 1987, and we have seen some clips on UK TV in news programs.

MeTa

I have it video taped from a trip in 1986. Put the glasses on the camera and everything....you can see them fall off a few times in the film. If anyone knows how I can post it on this site I would love to share it.

It was shown on MTV when Michael's CD "Invincible" was released a few years ago. I taped it from there.

In spite of all of his legal troubles, the man is extremely talented when he is singing and dancing. I used to look forward to seeing Captain EO when I went to WDW. I can do without Honey I Shrunk The Audience. I mean it's alright, and if I'm in the parks long enough to do everything else I want to do I'll see it but I'm not going to go out of my way for it. I would have (And still would) go out of my way to see Captain EO. I for one miss it.

Would it still be showing now if they hadn't replaced it? I doubt it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom