Reimagined: An Alternatively Universal Orlando Resort

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
First of all it’s @HomeImagineer ‘s project they can do what they see fit.

Second of all the whole purpose of this project is to have an alternative version of the park we know today, and this includes changing its opening day lineup attraction. This version is the park is opening in 1989, there is no CGI animated film and as a matter of fact there is not even a Disney Animation renaissance. Secret of Nimh was an okay box office success but was a larger success in home media, which it had been released on at this point. All Dogs Go to Heaven in this park’s timeline has yet to be released and given the studios prior films it would make sense for Universal to anticipate it being a huge hit given how An American Tail and Land Before Time performed.

I think we should all just sit back and enjoy this alternate theme park history and keep in mind that even Disneyland threw bones to properties that were considered flops such as Alice in Wonderland.
Thanks @tcool123 your speech is the best to me so thank u ^^ & i hoping u will enjoyed my Alternative Universal Orlando Project.

MickeyMouse10

First of all it’s @HomeImagineer ‘s project they can do what they see fit.

Second of all the whole purpose of this project is to have an alternative version of the park we know today, and this includes changing its opening day lineup attraction. This version is the park is opening in 1989, there is no CGI animated film and as a matter of fact there is not even a Disney Animation renaissance. Secret of Nimh was an okay box office success but was a larger success in home media, which it had been released on at this point. All Dogs Go to Heaven in this park’s timeline has yet to be released and given the studios prior films it would make sense for Universal to anticipate it being a huge hit given how An American Tail and Land Before Time performed.

I think we should all just sit back and enjoy this alternate theme park history and keep in mind that even Disneyland threw bones to properties that were considered flops such as Alice in Wonderland.

I never said he couldn't do what he wanted. I just gave my opinion, that's what people do on message boards. It has been proven that "The Secret of Nimh" and "All Dogs go to Heaven" are momentary films and they didn't stand the test of time.

All I'm saying is it would be shortsighted to put something that would or should close in 5-10 years. Look at how horrible Fievel's Playland looks with today's eyes.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Also you can't compare Disney classics to Don Bluth movies. Nobody is walking around with the mouse from Secret of Nimh (whatever her name is???) on their shirt. But they are walking around with a Grumpy or Dopey shirt. 🎤

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Hey There Everyone

Its been a really ong time since i did not do anything because i'm on a long break during a-little bit from spring & even in the summer. I'm maybe going to plan to continued doing this project - (which its not canceled or discontinued) as well for the other ones that i'm still doing even if i'm on breaks or not & still of something, anyways just want to let everyone know that.

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Hey Everyone, I told you i'm back & ready to back to work, even it's still Summer. & I figure out what ideas i would put in this idea.

usfmodel4.jpg

THE MCA/UNIVERSAL STUDIOS ENTRY AREA
Guest start a Studio-Adventure by coming in the Universal Gates & enter into the world of Movie-Making.

uni-production2.jpg

The Ticketing & Entry plaza for Universal Studios Florida is the starting point of the park. Its design is largely inspired by Spanish Colonial Revival architecture from Other-Studios in Hollywood, California including Universal Studios Hollywood. The Plaza also features music from other Universal Movies like The Universal Monsters, Jaws, An American Tail, E.T. & Back to the Future. This medley of cinematic soundtracks perfectly sets the stage for the beginning of the Park.

Universal-Studios-Park-Ticket-Sales.jpg

Ticket Booths
The Plaza’s boundaries are marked by rows of ticket booth structures on the left-side done in Mission Revival style.
There will be seven to ten staffed ticket booths.

Universal-Studios-Florida-Ticket-Booth.jpg

Guest Relations Building
Guest Relations is found in the Universal Studios Administration Building. Guest Services within include restrooms, a Pet Club, and storage lockers.

lockers-universal-orland-florida-532.jpg

Storage Lockers
Storage locker rentals called "Studio Audience Center" are available in the transitional space.​

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Early Universal Studios Florida Concept Art by Bill Castle (1).jpg

THE STUDIO FORECOURT
Soundstages loaded with attractions, shops and restaurants,

5469981105_150c1006ac_b.jpg

The Studio Forecourt is the first land guests see upon entering the park and passing through the Front Lot. & sets the stage for the movie-making theme that is echoed throughout the park. Giant soundstages loom over streets named for iconic locations in this bustling backlot.

Land Layout & Details
Guest Relations
- Park Info Board
- Storage Lockers

Attractions
- The MCA/Universal Studios Production Tour
- Stage 12 - (Exhibit)
- Universal's Art of Animation - (The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera, The Magic of Don Bluth, Walter Lantz's Wacky Worlds of His Imagination)
- The World of CineMagic - (The Art of Alfred Hitchcock, Back to the Future Special Effects & Harry and the Hendersons Sound Effects Show)

Dining:
- Front Gate Popcorn Stand - (Kiosk)
- Silver Screen Snacks - (Kiosk)
- Animator's Break - (QS)
- Studio Stars Commissary - (TS)

Retail
- Animation Store
- Hanna-Barbera's Store
- The Creature Shop
- On Location
- Studio Sweets
- That's a Wrap
- Universal Studio Store

Entertainment
- The Phantom of the Opera Creature Make-Up Show
- StarToons

Guest Services
- On Location
- Studio Audience Center - (Lockers)

Upon passing through the gates & right to Studio Forecourt - (Which is the Main Street of Universal Studios), guest first see the famous "Directors Statue" like the one from the entrance to Universal Studios Hollywood with the background of soundstages to fit the illusion of an actual working-studio environment with huge white soundstages on both sides & in the middle of the street is a huge garden-grove on each block in the middle of this area fill with Palm Trees & Flowers. Even your fav stars from your Favorite cartoons would also come to the streets for "StarToons", The show featured Hanna-Barbera & Universal cartoon characters as they dance & greet you with your little ones.

4yxG01Q.jpeg

We would do the Right-Side of the area first, then we would do the left before doing NYC - (Second Land). The right side of the area takes us to one of the "Park's Main Emporium", Universal Studio Store, a major shop, set in this building you can see from USH & filled with Universal Studios Stuff & Fake-Movie Stuff that you can take home like Clapboards & Award Trophies from the Oscars to the ATAS (or "Academy of Television Arts and Sciences" as full name). & next to the Main store is our "On Location" shop, this shop is about Camera & Film Equipment for your cameras. also inside if you packed Sunscreen or any sun products then this store also had it all from hats, sunglasses, and sun care products.

c54129743039f62f8e8fcba5b3d172d7.jpg
universal-studios-florida-entrance-area-887-oi.jpg

Next to the main "Universal Studio Store" is our first attraction inside this huge soundstage & see how the Magic of the Movies comes to life with "The World of CineMagic", in this famous-attraction You will be the star of the show as our special-effects experts take you behind the scenes for a first-hand look at how movies are made. The World of CineMagic is actually three attractions in one: (The Art of Alfred Hitchcock, Back to the Future Special Effects & Harry and the Hendersons Sound Effects Show).

cine3.gif
USH_World_of_Cinemagic_BTTF2.jpg
USH_World_of_Cinemagic_HH3.jpg

Between NYC Area & World of CineMagic is an cafeteria in a movie studio called "Studio Stars Commissary", Enjoy a dining experience for the whole family! This celebrity buffeteria features a variety of menu options for everyone. You would also meet some of your fav Universal Characters as they greet you in your table.

pic-studio-stars.jpg

& Finally from the right-side of the Studio Forecourt area & next to the Lagoon is a special show called "The Phantom of the Opera Creature Make-Up Show" This 30 min Live show featuring make-up techniques and illusions of how the Magic of Creature Make-Up was made here. At the exit of the Creature Make-Up Show is a gift shop dedicated to Monsters & Creature called "The Creature Shop".

5c930a669f6e070f9f535251_USJ-MonsterMake_01-p-800.png

Last edited:

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Now as we are completed the right side of the Studio Forecourt, let's now go on the left side of the area now & see what has this store there.

EZ6fs1eWAAE9EQ3.jpg
5ceaf87e5abdf6b4e851793e_USJ-tvpost1-bluhm-editing.jpg

The First Thing on that right-side is "The MCA/Universal Production Tour". It was a combination of a walking & tram tour of the backlot area of Universal Studios. The First Thing on this Production Tour was a small-exhibit warehouse - (which was still the queue for the attraction) where is home to some Props & Sets to one of your fav movies or shows. Then into the Television Room where its home to a small-room full of writers & directors - (cast members act as writers and directors) create polished concept, sets, props, and SFX with hosted Ron Howard. Then finally guest aboard on an Studio-Tram just to tour around the whole Universal Studios. From inside Working & sometimes attraction Soundstages like Kongfrontation to the sets of New York, San Francisco & even Hollywood.

20210720-DSC05996-1024x683.png

For Candy and Sweet Lovers there "Studio Sweets". which is a Candy Shop with a splash of Art-Deco to this.

Screenshot (1888).png

Moving on, the next thing we see near to the Candy Shop is this small soundstage called "Stage 12". Stage 12 is constantly an small exhibit to feature displays and props from an Upcoming Universal Pictures film or films from Live Action or Animation.

Screenshot (1891).png

& Speaking of Animation, the biggest attraction in the area was "Universal's Art of Animation" - (which was the answered to Universal's Version of WDAS). This Attraction inside this huge Soundstage home to the Making of Animation with three attractions, one dining area "Animator's Break" which is a small quick service café & two shops inside "The Animation Store & Hanna-Barbera's Store". The Facade of the Animation Attraction you can see on the bottom right could be similar to Disney Animation at Disney-MGM Studios but different in-terms of the same design of these soundstages.

The First attraction is The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera, a motion simulator ride with characters created by Hanna-Barbera including Yogi Bear & Boo-Boo as hosts as Dick Dastardly & Muttley have kidnapped Elroy Jetson & its up to us to save Elroy.

Next to next is The Magic of Don Bluth, an combining theatre presentations with interactive exhibits attraction that is based on Don Bluth's Famous Movies with Don Bluth himself & with their stars Littlefoot & Fievel telling people about his animation tells a story and then, they get into a small theatre where an 12/13 min film w/ 3 screens like a multimedia show showing Great Moments of Don Bluth's Movies like Banjo the Woodpile Cat, The Secret of NIMH, An American Tail, All Dogs go to Heaven & The Land Before Time & Music was composed by Robert Folk - (the guy who before composed Don Bluth's 2 movies in the 90s, "Rock a Doodle" & "A Troll in Central Park"). Then as the doors open & they exit out the small theater, guests are now in "Don's Gallery" which its an drawing & interactive exhibit attraction where you can make, draw, design & built your own Don Bluth Movie.

Our finally stop is Walter Lantz's Wacky Worlds of his Imagination, a 20/25-min attraction that shows how animated cartoons are made with Walter Lantz, As we guest inside an Animation Room, we are host with the Hosted who would show guests How They Created Woody Woodpecker with a bit of magic. But then Woody Woodpecker seems to jump off the screen as you watch through 3D glasses in a hologram/ghost-pepper type attraction created by BRC Imagination Arts with a great blend of visual & practical effects. Then once they exit the main theater, you’ll have the chance to create your very own Woody cartoon with Interactive kiosks & games. This was used for the same-attraction from Universal Studios Japan but just say if this could be the first one to used before Japan as one.

& During the day from Street Entertainment came down on the Forecourt Street like "StarToons". StarToons was a live stage show featuring characters from Walter Lane Creations, Hanna-Barbera, Nickelodeon & even a bit from Don Bluth like Fievel from An American Tail & Littlefoot from The Land Before Time.

& That is it here at Studio Forecourt. The next area we would be going next is to the streets of "New York City" home to King Kong, Ghostbusters & even to The Blue Brothers. So Stay Tuned & had a Happy Halloween everyone.

Last edited:

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Anything that pays tribute to Don Bluth is awesome in my book!
thanks man ^^ i did try my best on this as an attraction for Don Bluth, btw in this timeline i might tell u that in 2002 in my plans that The Magic of Don Bluth could be replaced by Shrek 4D in 2003.\

But that could be in a timeline idea after i do this overview of my reimagined of USF of opening day

Last edited:

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
cc5f49ca1c9e13eafb7f358d81441745.jpg

(American Waterfont Concept Art was from Tokyo DisneySea)
New York City
Welcome to the Big Apple but on the Sunshine State of the Hollywood-East.

empty-universal-studios-japan.jpg

New York City is the second land at Universal Studios Florida all based on a real city in NY from the Roaring 20s to the Mid/Late 1940s.

But... i wanna mix a bit of details from not only the New York set from both Universal Studios Florida & Japan, but also a bit of a set as well like Streets of America at Disney's Hollywood Studios & even American Waterfront at Tokyo DisneySea​

Land Layout & Details
Attractions
- Ghostbusters Encounter
- Kongfrontation

Dining:
- Central Park Munchies - (Kiosk)
- Finnegan’s - (TS)
- The Liberty - (TS)
- Louie’s Italian Restaurant - (CS)
- New York Deli - (QS)

Retail
- The Film Vault
- The Macy's Holiday Department Store
- Newsstand
- Paranormal Store
- Safari Outfitters Ltd.

Entertainment
- Public Library Plaza Stage - (Ghostbusters Meets Beetlejuice)
- Bethesda Park Stage - (An American Tail Show)
- The Blue Brothers Revue
- New York Rhytm

Guest Services
- First Aid

BethesdaFountain.jpg

As Guests left Production Central & enter into The Big Apple Set of NYC, they would find Theirselves that they are like they are in the real New York City but in the old decades of the Early 20th Century. With the entrance of the land is an nice small green park area called Bethesda Park - (which is the small park version of Bethesda Terrace & like Gramercy Park at the real USF) w/ the Bethesda Fountain as well.
USH_An_American_Tail3.jpg
3556158640_25edbec2dd_b.jpg
& a musical show over from the Bethesda Park Bandshell - (Inspired by an smaller version of the Naumburg Bandshell) called An American Tail Live. Which is a musical show, heavily abridged retelling the story of Fievel lost his family in New York from the 1986 Film of the same-named. - (even for them who did not see the movie yet) This show not only feature Talking Articulated Mouses - (which is Articulated-Heads that can blink their eyes & move/talked their mouths) also featured a gigantic animatronic puppet of Tiger.

m-grid-cell-20288-1405001438-13.jpg

The Main Point at the center of this plaza street is Penn Station, home to Universal's Best Dark Rides on Opening Day, Kongfrontation. Kongfrontation was based on both the 1933 & 1976 King Kong films & based to the King Kong Encounter from the Tram Tour at Universal Studios Hollywood in LA. The Story of this daredeviling adventure is you as the star of an New-York Civilian as you get on an Roosevelt Island Aerial Tram from escape the rampage of Kong on Roosevelt Island. & at the exit of the ride is Safari Outfitters Ltd., which sell both New York & King Kong Merch of that 8th Wonder of the World Ape.

11059866_10153702485671219_915708252037417487_n.jpg
spooktacular.jpg

On the left side of the Plaza is home to the New York Public Library. & inside is the Ghostbusters Spooktacular. Based off of the popular film series in 1984 by Columbia Pictures, the show not only featured an recreation of the first film's pivotal climax of the Ghostbusters's battle against Gozer but also with the storyline of Louis Tully introducing the guests to the Ghostbusters' new branch location in Orlando, Florida. But... however interrupted by Walter Peck, he left all the ghosts out & even Gozer & its up to the Ghostbusters to save the day. & at the exit of the attraction is Paranormal Store, where you can get your hand on some cool ghostbusters merch like the Slimer toys & puppets to the Ghostbusters Proton Blasters & Outfits.

The Public Library Plaza Area is also home to their entertainment during the day & night. like the Ghostbusters Meets Beetlejuice show, Where Beetlejuice got some skills on the Ghostbusters.

Last edited:

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
SHORT UPDATE - i just changed things a bit in the NYC Area of the park that the american tail show would be moved from the public library plaza stage & into Bethesda Park Bandshell at Bethesda Park.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 793366
(American Waterfont Concept Art was from Tokyo DisneySea)
New York City
Welcome to the Big Apple but on the Sunshine State of the Hollywood-East.

View attachment 793365

New York City is the second land at Universal Studios Florida all based on a real city in NY from the Roaring 20s to the Mid/Late 1940s.

But... i wanna mix a bit of details from not only the New York set from both Universal Studios Florida & Japan, but also a bit of a set as well like Streets of America at Disney's Hollywood Studios & even American Waterfront at Tokyo DisneySea​

Land Layout & Details
Attractions
- Ghostbusters Encounter
- Kongfrontation

Dining:
- Central Park Munchies - (Kiosk)
- Finnegan’s - (TS)
- The Liberty - (TS)
- Louie’s Italian Restaurant - (CS)
- New York Deli - (QS)

Retail
- The Film Vault
- The Macy's Holiday Department Store
- Newsstand
- Paranormal Store
- Safari Outfitters Ltd.

Entertainment
- Public Library Plaza Stage - (Ghostbusters Meets Beetlejuice)
- Bethesda Park Stage - (An American Tail Show)
- The Blue Brothers Revue
- New York Rhytm

Guest Services
- First Aid

View attachment 793367
As Guests left Production Central & enter into The Big Apple Set of NYC, they would find Theirselves that they are like they are in the real New York City but in the old decades of the Early 20th Century. With the entrance of the land is an nice small green park area called Bethesda Park - (which is the small park version of Bethesda Terrace & like Gramercy Park at the real USF) w/ the Bethesda Fountain as well.
View attachment 793375View attachment 793572
& a musical show over from the Bethesda Park Bandshell - (Inspired by an smaller version of the Naumburg Bandshell) called An American Tail Live. Which is a musical show, heavily abridged retelling the story of Fievel lost his family in New York from the 1986 Film of the same-named. - (even for them who did not see the movie yet) This show not only feature Talking Articulated Mouses - (which is Articulated-Heads that can blink their eyes & move/talked their mouths) also featured a gigantic animatronic puppet of Tiger.

View attachment 793369
The Main Point at the center of this plaza street is Penn Station, home to Universal's Best Dark Rides on Opening Day, Kongfrontation. Kongfrontation was based on both the 1933 & 1976 King Kong films & based to the King Kong Encounter from the Tram Tour at Universal Studios Hollywood in LA. The Story of this daredeviling adventure is you as the star of an New-York Civilian as you get on an Roosevelt Island Aerial Tram from escape the rampage of Kong on Roosevelt Island. & at the exit of the ride is Safari Outfitters Ltd., which sell both New York & King Kong Merch of that 8th Wonder of the World Ape.

View attachment 793371View attachment 793372
On the left side of the Plaza is home to the New York Public Library. & inside is the Ghostbusters Spooktacular. Based off of the popular film series in 1984 by Columbia Pictures, the show not only featured an recreation of the first film's pivotal climax of the Ghostbusters's battle against Gozer but also with the storyline of Louis Tully introducing the guests to the Ghostbusters' new branch location in Orlando, Florida. But... however interrupted by Walter Peck, he left all the ghosts out & even Gozer & its up to the Ghostbusters to save the day. & at the exit of the attraction is Paranormal Store, where you can get your hand on some cool ghostbusters merch like the Slimer toys & puppets to the Ghostbusters Proton Blasters & Outfits.

The Public Library Plaza Area is also home to their entertainment during the day & night. like the Ghostbusters Meets Beetlejuice show, Where Beetlejuice got some skills on the Ghostbusters.

Love seeing this project come back! Excited to see where it goes!

Miru

Also you can't compare Disney classics to Don Bluth movies. Nobody is walking around with the mouse from Secret of Nimh (whatever her name is???) on their shirt. But they are walking around with a Grumpy or Dopey shirt. 🎤
And who’s to say Illumination is timeless? Will it be as dated as Don Bluth in 15 years, if not more?

MickeyMouse10

And who’s to say Illumination is timeless? Will it be as dated as Don Bluth in 15 years, if not more?

The first Despicable Me came out in 2010 and it's sequels are still breaking records. I think it will definitely remain way more relevant than anything Bluth did. Plus it (and Dreamworks) is owned by Universal so they are more willing to create rides and lands for it. Which will keep it in people's minds for at least another 15-20 years. Look at Shrek by Dreamworks, it came out 2001 and it just got a new section in the park.

Miru

The first Despicable Me came out in 2010 and it's sequels are still breaking records. I think it will definitely remain way more relevant than anything Bluth did. Plus it (and Dreamworks) is owned by Universal so they are more willing to create rides and lands for it. Which will keep it in people's minds for at least another 15-20 years. Look at Shrek by Dreamworks, it came out 2001 and it just got a new section in the park.
I don’t think a franchise being milked for a prolonged time on a large scale is the same as being timeless, but sure let’s go with that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom