News Reimagined 2020 'Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Celebration' to air on Christmas Day

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I look at the “performer” list and say again... Who? I even asked my kids, and they were like, “Never heard of them”.

I’ll just fondly remember when known artists performed during the Christmas parade, even when it was taped performances (we were there for a few in the 2000’s) but the parade was live. This crap they put out now is simply unwatchable. Harsh? Yes. I don’t care. They can do better but choose not to.

beachlover4444

Maddie and Tae are marginal country newcomers. Julianne Hough is annoying but she was An easy pick since her and Derek did the holiday special together already. Disney loves the Hough and the DWTS angle. Tori I’ve heard of but not a fan of her either. I’d rather hear the mariachi cobre, voices of liberty. They get this show toward young families and I’m 60 I’ve got these parades on VCR tapes since 1990. We went one yearto see Regis on Main Street and we got on TV. We watch the 1994 parade over and over.

Goofnut1980

A few things. Why don't they show the parks how they truly are. Full of people, a sea of scooters and strollers, people elbow to elbow in some of the congestion areas. And since when have we ever seen the "cards" from Alice in a park.
Oh yea.. and who are these people? Hard pass!
hahahahahahaahahahaha

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It hasn’t always been a Disney infomercial. That’s more of an Iger-era thing. Sure, there’s always been some level of advertising in it, but it used to be about the parade. Now, it’s 30 minutes of sales/PR/marketing and 15 minutes of bad D-list performers per hour.

Cmdr_Crimson

The full musical performance line-up includes:

• Hosts Tituss Burgess & Julianne Hough – “It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year”
  • Becky G – “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” and “Feliz Navidad”
  • Florida A & M University Gospel Choir – “Joy to the World”
  • Jon Batiste – “It’s All Right” from “SOUL” and “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”
  • Keedron Bryant with the Florida A & M University Gospel Choir – “Someday at Christmas”
  • Maddie & Tae – “Holly Jolly Christmas” and “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)”
  • Tituss Burgess – “This Christmas”
  • Tori Kelly with the Florida A & M University Gospel Choir – “Let It Snow”
  • Trevor Jackson – “The Christmas Song”
tenor.gif

toonaspie

It hasn’t always been a Disney infomercial. That’s more of an Iger-era thing. Sure, there’s always been some level of advertising in it, but it used to be about the parade. Now, it’s 30 minutes of sales/PR/marketing and 15 minutes of bad D-list performers per hour.
I don't mind the informercial stuff to be honest. What I hate about televised parades now (both Macy and Disney) is that it's become 90% pop music segments. The actual parade takes about a small fraction of the actual program.

DebinNJ

Dreadful "special". The only person I knew (besides the overused Hough) was Keegan-Michael Key who they used in ridiculous spots for Christmas questions/help. I watched the entire thing, as you never know when someone will come along and surprise you. No surprises here. I was looking forward to the “WandaVision” part but the part they showed was uninspiring. "Soul" may be better than it looks, judging by the Jon Batiste performance. The rest of the performers, it was like watching a school recital. You try to enjoy it, you plaster on a fake smile, especially when your kid does their part, but overall it feels like two hours wasted.

brb1006

Dreadful "special". The only person I knew (besides the overused Hough) was Keegan-Michael Key who they used in ridiculous spots for Christmas questions/help. I watched the entire thing, as you never know when someone will come along and surprise you. No surprises here. I was looking forward to the “WandaVision” part but the part they showed was uninspiring. "Soul" may be better than it looks, judging by the Jon Batiste performance. The rest of the performers, it was like watching a school recital. You try to enjoy it, you plaster on a fake smile, especially when your kid does their part, but overall it feels like two hours wasted.
I miss when Disney put actual effort into them.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We watched most of it. “Dreadful” is an accurate word to describe it. We were particularly annoyed that the Imagineer who talked about Rat made it out to be some huge architecting/designing effort from the ground up.

the-reason14

I actually enjoyed it. They did what they could given the circumstances of this year, and it wasn't great by any means but definitely wasn't as bad either. Out of all the performers, I wish they'd given Tori more shine. She is probably the most talented performer they had this year. It was weird not seeing a parade, but I'm glad they at least did something.

Giss Neric

I actually enjoyed it. They did what they could given the circumstances of this year, and it wasn't great by any means but definitely wasn't as bad either. Out of all the performers, I wish they'd given Tori more shine. She is probably the most talented performer they had this year. It was weird not seeing a parade, but I'm glad they at least did something.
People are sleeping on Tori's talent. She has one of the best female voices there is. She was the only one I had interest to watch perform.

yensid67

I DID NOT even bother to watch it this year! This year was just different all over!
Maybe if enough fans BOYCOTT watching, MAYBE they'll put more effort into the parade as they did when it was LIVE! WISHFUL THINKING!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom