Yes it has been a Disney infomercial. The big difference between then and now is there was more focus on the parade and the majority of the show was the parade.This event has always been a Disney infomercial and that's the whole point of it. Of course they are pushing Disney owned talent.
The full musical performance line-up includes:
- Hosts Tituss Burgess & Julianne Hough – “It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year”
- Becky G – “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” and “Feliz Navidad”
- Florida A & M University Gospel Choir – “Joy to the World”
- Jon Batiste – “It’s All Right” from “SOUL” and “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”
- Keedron Bryant with the Florida A & M University Gospel Choir – “Someday at Christmas”
- Maddie & Tae – “Holly Jolly Christmas” and “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)”
- Tituss Burgess – “This Christmas”
- Tori Kelly with the Florida A & M University Gospel Choir – “Let It Snow”
- Trevor Jackson – “The Christmas Song”
I don't mind the informercial stuff to be honest. What I hate about televised parades now (both Macy and Disney) is that it's become 90% pop music segments. The actual parade takes about a small fraction of the actual program.It hasn’t always been a Disney infomercial. That’s more of an Iger-era thing. Sure, there’s always been some level of advertising in it, but it used to be about the parade. Now, it’s 30 minutes of sales/PR/marketing and 15 minutes of bad D-list performers per hour.
I miss when Disney put actual effort into them.Dreadful "special". The only person I knew (besides the overused Hough) was Keegan-Michael Key who they used in ridiculous spots for Christmas questions/help. I watched the entire thing, as you never know when someone will come along and surprise you. No surprises here. I was looking forward to the “WandaVision” part but the part they showed was uninspiring. "Soul" may be better than it looks, judging by the Jon Batiste performance. The rest of the performers, it was like watching a school recital. You try to enjoy it, you plaster on a fake smile, especially when your kid does their part, but overall it feels like two hours wasted.
People are sleeping on Tori's talent. She has one of the best female voices there is. She was the only one I had interest to watch perform.I actually enjoyed it. They did what they could given the circumstances of this year, and it wasn't great by any means but definitely wasn't as bad either. Out of all the performers, I wish they'd given Tori more shine. She is probably the most talented performer they had this year. It was weird not seeing a parade, but I'm glad they at least did something.
Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.